Never Judge a book by its cover.. My 4 gun shop visit today! Guns and Leather.. FAIL!

It seems to me from the original post, the Guns and Leather may be slightly understaffed at their Hendersonville location. I would also like to point out that I am recently unemployed, am turning in an application TODAY to an understaffed adult video store, have an interview with UPS on Monday which I suspect will go my way, and training on Wednesday with a telemarketing job if it doesn't. Plain and simple, GnL, THIS IS A LIMITED TIME OFFER. YOU NEED TO MOVE NOW BEFORE THIS IS GONE.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems to me from the original post, the Guns and Leather may be slightly understaffed at their Hendersonville location. I would also like to point out that I am recently unemployed, am turning in an application TODAY to an understaffed adult video store, have an interview with UPS on Monday which I suspect will go my way, and training on Wednesday with a telemarketing job if it doesn't. Plain and simple, GnL, THIS IS A LIMITED TIME OFFER. YOU NEED TO MOVE NOW BEFORE THIS IS GONE.

Dude, you lost your temper and threw a car topper. Do you really think you need to work at a gun shop? :(:D

I am extremely kind, patient, and helpful with customers. It's managers who think they don't have to treat their employees with respect who make me furious. Besides, even if I have no concern for the safety of everyone around me, I love guns far too much to ever throw one and possibly scratch it.

And to be fair, I've had 4 different jobs since then and didn't throw a single thing when leaving any of them. Applebee's was mutual, to be honest I just sucked at that job, so I found something else and put in a notice and they were cool about it. I had a temporary job at the campus bookstore, no problems there. I went to Pizza Hut for almost a year, and had a boss who treated us much worse then the guy who got me worked up into the car topper incident, but I learned. I was patient, never showed any signs of discontent, got a job at a thrift store and simply drove over to Pizza Hut handed in my uniforms and said I was done. Then the thrift store fired me. I got kinda screwed over by that. But like I said I've got apps, and interviews and trainings lined up, so I should be good.

It seems to me from the original post, the Guns and Leather may be slightly understaffed at their Hendersonville location. I would also like to point out that I am recently unemployed, am turning in an application TODAY to an understiffed adult video store, have an interview with UPS on Monday which I suspect will go my way, and training on Wednesday with a telemarketing job if it doesn't. Plain and simple, GnL, THIS IS A LIMITED TIME OFFER. YOU NEED TO MOVE NOW BEFORE THIS IS GONE.

Fixed it for ya. :(

Guest boatme99

Unfortunantly, it's not just G & L. I'm NOT bashing them here. I have never been there. It just seems that any privately owned retail store can't afford to let this kind of thing happen. To often in private business, employee training is lacking. There are any number of reasons for it, but bad service is always the result. There's nothing worse than standing around a store while an employee is bsing with a friend, talking on a phone or texting someone. The owner is there to make money, if certain employees aren't working to that end, replacements need to be found. ASAP.

And yes, I have managed private retail and owned a few of my own business's.

It' great that a manager stepped up here. Perhaps things will change at that location and themOP will have a better experience next time.

Metal needs to start a "How to publically apologize on a web forum for poor customer service" training manual. That's how it's done. Precision should get a complimentary signed 1st edition.

I think some should learn to be more polite

in their criticism of others. That was damned

good of Metalhead, and the other didn't even

see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a shame that when jobs are so hard to find these days that A$$hats end up with jobs dealing with the general public. I have 3 awards for Service excellence that were awarded to me by then Las Vegas City Mayor Oscar Goodman for outstanding service and nominated by others thru out the Las Vegas area. So, I may be a little picky when it comes to me trying to get service in a retail setting! But I can say I know the difference between someone having a bad day and someone that just doesnt care!

Thank you again to Metalhead for his apology and opportunity to visit another location and express my opion.

Unfortunantly, it's not just G & L. I'm NOT bashing them here. I have never been there. It just seems that any privately owned retail store can't afford to let this kind of thing happen. To often in private business, employee training is lacking. There are any number of reasons for it, but bad service is always the result. There's nothing worse than standing around a store while an employee is bsing with a friend, talking on a phone or texting someone. The owner is there to make money, if certain employees aren't working to that end, replacements need to be found. ASAP.

And yes, I have managed private retail and owned a few of my own business's.

It' great that a manager stepped up here. Perhaps things will change at that location and themOP will have a better experience next time.

I think some should learn to be more polite

in their criticism of others. That was damned

good of Metalhead, and the other didn't even

see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Polite is a nice thing, I guess. Fact is though, that it's most likely something that G&L needed to address. Anybody reading this thread will realize that Daniel is going to do exactly that.

And now, for a polite moment... Happy Holidays, Y'all :(

Edited by mikegideon

Sounds like it might have been just an isolated incident; maybe a misunderstanding.

I visited Guns and Leather in Greenbrier a few months back for a transfer and have nothing but good things to say. They were very well staffed and patient since the sender didn't include a copy of his DL in the package. They allowed me to use their computer to get a scanned copy of the individual's DL in an email all the while entertaining my 2 year old son and helping customers. G & L Greenbrier is a good 45 minute drive from my house and I would gladly make the drive again if I was in the market for another rifle. In fact, I tried to buy a AR lower on the way out to reward them for their good service but they only had a .308 in stock so I ended up buying it at Tennessee Gun Country a few weeks later.

Sir,

I understand what your saying in service, but you brought up the good 'ole boy statement, so I just wanted to clarify that G&L has not had preferential treatment in my case, just cause I looked um ... not G.O.B. With that said, I hope you'll get everything resolved with G&L... To me as I wrote before both stores have been good to me.

Sig, I am japanese mixed.

Guest FiddleDog

I've never been to GnL in H'ville, but I am surprised that you were not treated at all. The G'boro location has always been good to me, and I've been impressed with their customer service. D&T also has good folks over there, so I'm not at all surprised that they treated you well.

I'm a full blooded American born and bred asian, but I've never had anyone in any gun shop treat me with anything but respect as a potential customer. I've been to most of the shops in the Nashville area, and most of them is staffed with folks that appreciate another gun enthusiast, regardless of whether or not they're going to spend. If the management in the H'ville location is anything like the management (and staff) of the G'boro location, then I'm confident that they'll get this issue fixed.

I went around and stopped at gun shops all over Nashville. All were typical. Most nice and helpfull and generally wanting to earn your business.

I will say, I do not fit the "look" of a man with a lot of money. With that said we have purchased 3 new guns this last week and we were just out looking what Nashville gun shops had to offer.

My last stop was Guns and Leather :( in Hendersonville.

Pretty busy shop.

I was waiting for one of the sales person closest to the area that I wanted to look at a gun at to finish up with his chit chat with some other customers. When they walked away I walked up to the counter and before I could even get a word out to ask to see a gun in the case. The sales person little buddy came thru the door and he called him out by name and then the sales person side steps AWAY from us and starts talking shop with him. IGNORING US AND OUR MONEY!

Then a smart ass "Have a nice day" as we walked out. So, Guns and Leather will not be getting a single cent from us or any one else that asks about a shop I can refer them to. I will go out of my way to make sure my friends and family NEVER do business with them!

I will say Thank you to D&T :up: in Rivergate for letting us take up atleast 30min of there time and still having enough staff on hand to take care of the other customers that walked thru the door.

OP,

I'm sorry but you don't have any of my sympathy. Did you say "Excuse me" or anything to any of the sales representatives to get their attention or did you verbally ask any of them to see any gun?

Maybe I've misunderstood you entirely - I don't know. I haven't even been to any of the gun shops you have mentioned. But, you could have simply said that they "weren't as helpful or friendly as some other shops" you've been to or something to that effect. I can understand the fiasco with Precision Firearms, but this is pocket change in comparison.

As big and as respected TGO is, we need to also realize that we are not the only gun consumers in Tennessee. If we just start lambasting every gun shop for every little perceived infraction, TGO is the one that is going to get a bad reputation - not the gun shops. I really don't want to see that happen.

That's just my 2 cents.

It is a shame the OP never got to experience "Hunt's Sporting Goods" in Hendersonville. They didn't discriminate; they were a>>holes to everyone. As far as I know, they are no longer in business either.

That was Mark, the owner. He could piss off the Pope. Gerald and Bob and the other guys were great.

Guest ukhayes

I will say that G & L in Greenbrier is the ONLY shop I do business with. Dennis, Mark, Mike, Mr. Lonnie, Andrew, or the other guys go out of their way to help folks. I was treated no different with a transfer (private sale) as I was a purchase from them. Great inventory of weapons, ammo, and accessories. As you have since witnessed, they aim (pun unintended) to please.

I will say that G & L in Greenbrier is the ONLY shop I do business with. Dennis, Mark, Mike, Mr. Lonnie, Andrew, or the other guys go out of their way to help folks. I was treated no different with a transfer (private sale) as I was a purchase from them. Great inventory of weapons, ammo, and accessories. As you have since witnessed, they aim (pun unintended) to please.

+1

I was in there yesterday with my wife looking at 1911s, the gentleman that helped us was nothing but friendly and accommodating. That's been my consistent experience every time I've visited. G & L is my go to LGS. :

Guest Scramasax

I've worked in a gun store before and been in gunstores all over the states and some in other countries. The staff at D&T are all good people. They are head and shoulders above ANY other store I've been in. You also need to check out thier new web sight.

Cheers,

ts

Unfortunately Lonnie retired this year :screwy:. Mark is over at H'ville as the manager.