Never Judge a book by its cover.. My 4 gun shop visit today! Guns and Leather.. FAIL!

I went around and stopped at gun shops all over Nashville. All were typical. Most nice and helpfull and generally wanting to earn your business.

I will say, I do not fit the "look" of a man with a lot of money. With that said we have purchased 3 new guns this last week and we were just out looking what Nashville gun shops had to offer.

My last stop was Guns and Leather :D in Hendersonville.

Pretty busy shop.

I was waiting for one of the sales person closest to the area that I wanted to look at a gun at to finish up with his chit chat with some other customers. When they walked away I walked up to the counter and before I could even get a word out to ask to see a gun in the case. The sales person little buddy came thru the door and he called him out by name and then the sales person side steps AWAY from us and starts talking shop with him. IGNORING US AND OUR MONEY!

Then a smart ass "Have a nice day" as we walked out. So, Guns and Leather will not be getting a single cent from us or any one else that asks about a shop I can refer them to. I will go out of my way to make sure my friends and family NEVER do business with them!

I will say Thank you to D&T :up: in Rivergate for letting us take up atleast 30min of there time and still having enough staff on hand to take care of the other customers that walked thru the door.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everytime I go into D&T I usually stay there and chit chat for an hour or two! They get all my gun business!

Yes, the guys at D&T treated me and my wife very good and I will chose them should I need something from a shop!

I bet that if I looked like I was from TN and was the "typical" good ole boy. I might have gotten atleast a "Can I help you" from the guy at G&L

My problem is that they provided me with poor customer service! Acutally NO customer service! My $$ is no good there and thats fine. I just wanted to state what happened and that there were other shops that understand how to give customer service to others than just the guy that comes in and Bull****s for 2 hours.

I worked for Harley for a long time. I understand how it works. We had guys that we would see more than there own families would see them. But that doesnt mean that I would brush off someone who might actually be looking to buy something.

Edited by BLACKVANDRIVER

Ok, as someone pointed out to me that I was making it all about D&T!

Please understand. I am in NO way connected or buddies with ANY one at D&T or have ever met any of there staff prior to today! I am in no way trying to single just D&T. I visited Bellshire, and one in Goodletsville where I bought some CLP but cant recall there name. I got fair customer service at both of them.

Man, that sucks that happened to you. It's also unfortunate as Guns and Leather is my favorite shop in all of the Middle TN area. There are really great guys up there, good 'ole boys as you call them. I've never seen them discriminate against anyone I've gone there with and we aren't walking around with bills hanging from our necks either.

I've only ever purchaser one very cheap handgun from them so I'm not what you could call a regular and receiving special treatment. The service they've provided has always been top notch and they've been extremely helpful with my questions and inquiries.

Again, your experience sucked and I'm not trying to say your reaction or perspective of quality of service during your visit is wrong, just not the norm from my own visits. I wanted to reply so the shop would take the hit necessary for the lack of service it provided you while not being eternally, completely da**ed for life due to a single encounter by the rest of the readers of this forum.

+1 for D&T only been there once and was treated very well....they took my money but other than that it was great :)

I will say my only visit to G&L went the same way. I picked up some 5.11 pants and a sling and went to the counter. The sales guy was signing some people up for a class and for some reason after 15 minutes no one else seemed interested in ringing me up as I was standing right by the register. Those tac-lite pants got kinda heavy so I returned them to the shelf and left. I don't mind waiting in line but no one even seemed aware I was there.

Edited by Kenstaroni

I have to give props to both D&T as they have always given me great service. BUT so has the Hendersonville & Greenbrier G&L. I'm Asian, so I'm pretty sure I can't be mistaken as a 'good 'ole boy' .... with that said I'm fairly patient guy who grew up in the midwest. If anyone thinks getting walked away from is 'rough' try going to some of the gun stores out east....that will really upset you for the whole week.....some of them out there don't even recognized that you walked in the door. : {

I bet that if I looked like I was from TN and was the "typical" good ole boy. I might have gotten atleast a "Can I help you" from the guy at G&L

My problem is that they provided me with poor customer service! Acutally NO customer service! My $$ is no good there and thats fine. I just wanted to state what happened and that there were other shops that understand how to give customer service to others than just the guy that comes in and Bull****s for 2 hours.

I worked for Harley for a long time. I understand how it works. We had guys that we would see more than there own families would see them. But that doesnt mean that I would brush off someone who might actually be looking to buy something.

Sorry, but is this really the way to air frustrations? I guess I don't get it. I've bought from

every shop you mentioned and like them all. But disparaging anyone with an audience from

one visit isn't very nice, either. Why didn't you just say something nice about the one you

bought from and let the rest go?

I don't like 6.8 AR 'cause he was a smartass to me. Sound immature?

Guess I can be like that, too:D

• Admin Team

Were I the OP, I'd at least shoot a note over to Metalhead (Daniel) about your experience. While airing your issue here may get you sympathy, he's the one person who can actually do something about it, and I expect would like to hear about it.

A PM would have been nice yeah but not going to go into that considering you may not have known what route to take here or whatever.

Anyway, if you were ignored or bypassed for a "good ol' boy" I apologize to you. Our Hendersonville store is still relatively new with newish employees and I would be greatly appreciative to know who did such a thing or what they looked like to narrow the field of suspects so to speak. For a long time (going on 10 years) we have prided ourselves on our customer service, and that is no way to treat any potential customer. Most folks on this forum could attest to that fact.

I hopefully can make this right to you. If you're of the mind to never give us a chance agian, that is your decision and I respect that as there are several other good shops in our area. If you can try us agian, I encourage you to either get with me (my cell # is 615 969 5678) at our Greenbrier store or at least give me some more details as to who/what caused this so that I can make sure that it doesnt happen agian.

I do not have a huge amount of pull at our H'ville store myself as I'm not the manager there, but either way we need to know if there is a problem there. Dennis, the owner, can take care of whatever needs to be done. I can forward anything to him that you are willing to tell me here. If you don't want to name names publically just send me a PM and I promise it will be taken care of.

For the record though, we do have some good folks at our H'ville store. I don't want to throw them under the bus by any means as I've subbed for the manager there on several occasions. They are relatively new though, and still need some fine tuning. Just need to know who needs more areas of improvement than others, or who may be a lost cause depending on who it is.

Edited by Metalhead
A PM would have been nice yeah but not going to go into that considering you may not have known what route to take here or whatever.

Anyway, if you were ignored or bypassed for a "good ol' boy" I apologize to you. Our Hendersonville store is still relatively new with newish employees and I would be greatly appreciative to know who did such a thing or what they looked like to narrow the field of suspects so to speak. For a long time (going on 10 years) we have prided ourselves on our customer service, and that is no way to treat any potential customer. Most folks on this forum could attest to that fact.

I hopefully can make this right to you. If you're of the mind to never give us a chance agian, that is your decision and I respect that as there are several other good shops in our area. If you can try us agian, I encourage you to either get with me (my cell # is 615 969 5678) at our Greenbrier store or at least give me some more details as to who/what caused this so that I can make sure that it doesnt happen agian.

I do not have a huge amount of pull at our H'ville store myself as I'm not the manager there, but either way we need to know if there is a problem there. Dennis, the owner, can take care of whatever needs to be done. I can forward anything to him that you are willing to tell me here. If you don't want to name names publically just send me a PM and I promise it will be taken care of.

For the record though, we do have some good folks at our H'ville store. I don't want to throw them under the bus by any means as I've subbed the the manager there on several occasions. They are relatively new though, and still need some fine tuning. Just need to know who needs more areas of improvement than others, or who may be a lost cause depending on who it is.

+1

Wow! After these two very high class responses, I kinda' wish I lived closer to one of the G&L stores - you'd definitely have my business!

(Guess you shouldn't judge a book by the librarian either.)

...TS...

Edited by Timestepper

Thank you, I will gladly visit your Greenbrier location and post my experience. I was un aware that there was anyone from G&L on here as a forum member. I would have PM'd you first and let you know.

Sig, I am japanese mixed.

I have to give props to both D&T as they have always given me great service. BUT so has the Hendersonville & Greenbrier G&L. I'm Asian, so I'm pretty sure I can't be mistaken as a 'good 'ole boy' .... with that said I'm fairly patient guy who grew up in the midwest. If anyone thinks getting walked away from is 'rough' try going to some of the gun stores out east....that will really upset you for the whole week.....some of them out there don't even recognized that you walked in the door. : {