Looking for a CZ P-01 or 75 D

Volzfan

I'm trying to get my Christmas list together and top it with either a CZ P-01 or the CZ 75 D. These are the same gun but the P-01 is the US version and the 75 D is the European version. The problem is that I haven't found a dealer anywhere around Nashville that has one for me to check out the feel. I have heard great things about these guns and how good they feel but everyone is different so I don't want to waste any money by buying one without first checking it out.

Have any of you got any ideas about finding one around here?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've checked with all of the local shops mentioned and many more that were not. I even called Rabbi at East Side! They are definitely out there on the internet but I really wanted to get to hold one BEFORE dropping the $$ on one and then deciding that I didn't like it. I've got 2 sitting in shopping carts now if they haven't sold them yet. I may just have to take a chance on one!

Thanks!

Although the CZ 75D and P01 are both 9mm compact size alloy frame pistols with decockers, they are not exactly the same. The 75D (AKA PCR in Europe) has a loaded chamber indicator and a rather unusual style rear sight. Replacing this sight with a Meprolight or Trijicon tritium will leave a gap in the top of the slide which, to some, may be cosmetically unattractive. The 75D does not have a rail.

The P01 has a rail, no loaded chamber indicator and has a dovetail for a standard rear sight. It is exactly the same size as its .40 cal brother, the P06. As such, custom holsters may be easier to find.

The 75D seems to be hard to find right now. Czcustom has them in stock at a substantially higher price than when I purchased mine two years ago. IMO, the P01 is a better buy.

You can't go wrong with either model. However, keep one thing in mind. You will not own a single CZ for very long. There will be more.

Guest mikedwood

I have a CZ P01 and would be more than happy to let you shoot it if we were closer.

I love it except one thing.

I don't know how else to put it, the slide is narrow and rounded making the slide somewhat awkward to rack (for me)

Another odd thing about them but I don't find it a detraction.

The trigger has an odd gritty feel when you pull it. Seems like the trigger never breaks in the same place and I think that is why they made it that way. I was shooting at a range one day and a guy had one that he had polished the trigger on and it was a super trigger feel.

No one locally had any version so looking online, I found a 75 D PCR at Impact Guns for $499 and it's on the way. I'm sure looking forward to this gun!

u will love it.........IMO the trigger creap while smooth could be shorter but thats my only critique on the PCR

If it had a SIG break id be buying 5 more

• 2 weeks later...

I just oredered a CZ 75 Compact in nickel steel, two tone finish from cheaperthandirt.com . They had full size models last week as low as $418. I squeezed off a few rounds courtesy of a kindly range neighbor at Stone's Creek last year, great fit for my hand and really accurate compared to the Ruger P95 I just sold.

Volzfan, I have 4 CZs (CZ P-01, CZ-82, CZ-52, and a CZ 75 Shadow) and I love them all, but the P-01 is my favorite.

I sold the rubber grips that came on the P-01 and put a Crimson Trace Laser Grip on it. It only changed the way it feels in your hand a tiny bit, but you are welcome to handle/shoot mine any Saturday/Sunday.

Give me a holler, bring $5.50 and some 9mm to the SRHEC on Hobson Pike, and I'll meet you out there. It'd be a pleasure, in fact.

Volzfan, but you are welcome to handle/shoot mine any Saturday/Sunday.

Thanks for the offer. There are sure some great guys here. My 75D PCR was delivered Wed. and I put 200 rds thru it that day and then went yesterday and put 150 more thru it and all without a single issue of any kind.

This gun has become my favorite!

I'm setting my sights on a P-06 for my next addition to the family!

Oops, I missed the post where you said you ordered one already. Congratulations!

I like the PCR a lot, wish I had one myself, but I fell for the decocker hard. Love having it instead of a manual safety. Of course I'm stuck with a tac-rail now, but oh well.

I hope you like it as much as I like mine...happy shooting.

Oops, I missed the post where you said you ordered one already. Congratulations!

I like the PCR a lot, wish I had one myself, but I fell for the decocker hard. Love having it instead of a manual safety. Of course I'm stuck with a tac-rail now, but oh well.

I hope you like it as much as I like mine...happy shooting.

The PCR also has a decocker which was one of the features that I wanted. All of my Sig's have had one.

My bad, I was thinking the PCR was the compact w/out the decocker and the 75D was the model with the decocker. I had them mixed up.

I think the decocker is an excellent safety feature, even compared to the manual safety. Right or not, for me I think the decocker is more likely to prevent an AD than a manual safety. I can keep my finger off the trigger when I should, but manually decocking a gun hundreds of times over the course of years feels like an accident waiting to happen.

My only gripe is that it's hard to get the trigger smooth (not lightened, smooth) with a CZ with a decocker than it is with a manual safety.

Guest WyattEarp

We CZ guys need to get together and have a CZ get together at the range. I want to see how some of the other cz's perform. Maybe we can all take turns shooting each other's cz's. I could bring the new video camera out too :D