Ruger service...?

Steelharp

Is this typical? I sent my PC9 to Prescott the latter half of October with some rust issues. I called them the other day, as I have had no contact from them. They said it was in line for an estimate on a reblue.

I don't mind... kinda... IF this is normal... but is this normal?

That is a little out of line from my experience and the experience of others I have heard. Typically, they are very quick and most helpful, and I have not heard of anyone charged for repairs. I guess sense this is not really a repair need, the service may be different. I have not heard of anyone using their service department in this capacity, so I am not sure what to make of it. I hope it turns out well.

Ruger is pretty quick on routine part changeout items.

The one time I sent something in it was back in under two weeks.

Maybe rebluing takes longer, but two months seems unusual.

• 1 month later...

Ok... I called yesterday... told them I was a patient man, but this is ridiculous. The gal on the phone said she needed to talk with a tech that was in the firing range at the moment, and she would call me back. 2 hours later, she calls, apologizes, and says she's personally carrying it to shipping as soon as we hang up. This morning, I have an e-mail with a tracking number.

Methinks a tech might be getting quizzed about "forgetfulness and customers." :D

• Like 1

Came in today. And I thought I was just pissed at the long wait. It looks like some kid ran cold blue all over the rust, thick as icing and lumpy... didn't even touch the magwell, it's STILL rusty... and now the finish is knocked off the barrel band. I am soooooo pissed.

I called them immediately. They are sending a ship label... do I give them another chance, or tell 'em to phuck off?

Not good at all. I hate to hear this because I love my Rugers but never used their service. I think I would send it back, ask for a refund AND a complementary reblue. They should make it right. It's one thing to get poor work, it's another to get poor work and they had it that long. I would also keep in touch with them regularly about the progress.

That stinks. I hope it works out for ya

Guest Sgt. Joe

Ditto what Batman said.....I do love that new feature!

I would call and ask for a supervisor, the person answering the phone will likely ask you to tell them what is up. I would go ahead and do that by being polite but very firm but still insist on talking with a supervisor about your experience with them.

This is so very uncommon from my experiences with them and anything that I have ever heard about them. I am really shocked and about PO'ed enough to call them myself. I sing the praises of Ruger too much for them to do anyone this way,it makes me ill !!!

I would expect that they will end up taking good care of you and maybe throwing something in for free. It has been my experience that one does need to plant that "something for my troubles" seed into their heads before they will though.

Since you said they are sending a label then I know you have already contacted them but I would do it again, maybe the same day that you ship back to them, I would call them everyday after you ship it back. You deserve to be placed at the front of the line at this point and calling will do just that for ya.

Man when I sent my SR9c back in, they were calling me everyday with a status, of course those guns had just been released at the time and I am sure that had something to do with it, but still this is something that I have never heard of coming from Ruger. Stay on them my friend and keep us posted.

That's another thing, Sarge; not ONCE did they ever contact me during the process. If I didn't initiate a call, there was nothing. I understand the holidays and all; it's just like I was completely overlooked UNLESS I was on the phone with someone. And it was a supervisor I spoke with yesterday. I don't really care about a freebie for my trouble. I just want this gun back and RIGHT.

I was really looking at trying to buy a new Mini-14. Now, I'm not so sure...