Georgia on their way to handgun carry in restaurants which serve alcohol

Guest GLOCKGUY

Guest GLOCKGUY

looks like Georgia CCP holders will be aloud to carry a concealed handgun in restaurants that sever alcohol pretty soon. it must be nice to have law makers with some common sense. :cheers: i told my wife when this get passed we will be going to Georgia when we want to go eat at a nice restaurant :D

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kentucky has it where you can carry if the place does 51% of it's business profit other than alcohol/49% or less profit from alcohol. I live in a border town and since Tennessee has stopped smoking in eating joints I do a lot more eating in Kentucky, I also like the state.

Guest GUTTERbOY

Heh, I have had some seriously heated discussions with people about blanket smoking bans. Some people just refuse to admit that a business is not obligated to cater to their wishes. Getting the government to control the businesses is so much easier than depriving yourself of your favorite restaurant and voting with your dollars. That's just way too much work.

</soapbox>

It passed both the senate & house around 9pm tonight. It allows for carry in restaurants that serve alcohol, mass transit like marta, WMA, state parks. The public gathering clause was not included - so that will still exist which means still no church carry or at any church functions. Waiting on our gov. Sonny Perdue for his signature June 1st. He used to be a democrat, so it is a toss on which way he'll go. I was hoping TN would have done the same as my office is in Chattanooga. But I guess I will just dine in GA if Sonny signs it into law.

Guest 270win

If Tennessee would add written directives/handgun carry permits as exemptions to present laws, the situation for us would be a lot better for handgun carry permittees.

1) School property

2) Establishments that serve alcohol

3) Parks, WMA's (through the change to signage law, big game areas law, and debatable parks/rec centers weapons law)

4) Removing CRIMINAL penalty for violating the sign law for those with a handgun carry permit.

Not a lot of wording to present laws would be done to accomplish the above. Simple as adding an additional exeption to the school property ban and put us in line with hunters using school property to hunt on. Off the wall states like California and closer to home Alabama do this for those with licenses.

House bill 89 passed in Ga allowing carry in places that serve alcahol, state parks, wildlife management areas, and on mass transit- MARTA.

The bill is here....http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2007_08/fulltext/hb89.htm

So now we need to hold our folks feet to the fire. If Ga can get this passed why the %#^$ can we not ? I know , trick question, Jimmy Naifeh is why. But this passing in Ga can be used to put more pressure to get something done. Oh well at least I can carry where they serve alcahol in Georgia now......:D

I'm just a couple of minutes away.Heck most restaurants are just as close to me in Ga as Tn :D

...and make sure to let your elected officials, including Speaker Nahief, that money that could be spent in TN is going out of state for this very reason.

Guest canynracer
...and make sure to let your elected officials, including Speaker Nahief, that money that could be spent in TN is going out of state for this very reason.

ooooo....you're evil ... I LIKE it!!!

ooooo....you're evil ... I LIKE it!!!

LOL...and oh yeah....when you get back let them know how many people where shot and killed with a gun in the same room as alcohol....or better yet how many people were NOT killed and spent money.

You bet.I will save my receipts,and any receipts of friends whom drank during dinner to showem.

But should I send the receipts,and the police reports of people getting shot at the same time :D

You bet.I will save my receipts,and any receipts of friends whom drank during dinner to showem.

But should I send the receipts,and the police reports of people getting shot at the same time :D

Send everything....

You know....I wonder if there would be a way to show whether patronage increased, decreased, or stayed about that same in those places. If it stays the same then patrons did not have any fear that there could be armed people there. If it increase then more people went there because they could remained armed or maybe even some went knowing it would be safer because armed people could be there.

Of course...even shown in black and white there really is only one person whose opinion would need to change and I doubt any figures like that would make a difference.

Guest gunslinger707

Better not let um know you leave the state to eat they'll be waitin fer ya at the state line to tax yer meal !!:(:D next thing king Jimmy will have us getting passport's to enter and leave the state :D:mad::)

Guest mc30707

Governor Purdue still has to sign. It is supposed to go into effect July 1st. Being a GA resident I am very happy about the bill passing, but like Strickj I am near the state line and would like to see TN to follow suit. :D