AR For Christmas!!!

Smiddy

My wife shocked me yesterday with a 16" cmmg mod4 ar 15.... (don't think she knows how much she will regret that decision) This is my first AR however I have been lusting over them for sometime. What upgrades are a must right away? And what should I look into as far as sights/scope (magnification or not.. That sort of thing) I am really just going to be having fun with this thing at the range, no competitive or long range shooting..... Well not yet anyway.... I have a feeling this thread is fixin to cost me a bunch of money....

Thanks for replies.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I have the greatest wife ever and I have been doing nothing but telling her that since yesterday morning..... I realized the magazine and ammo thing after going to the farm yesterday to shoot and only having one magazine and 5 20 round boxes of ammo she threw in the stocking..... Anything wrong with running bulk ammo bought on the Internet if it's brass and domestic? I guess I'm asking if this is factory defect stuff or are they discounting due to the bulk of the order?

Merry Christmas to all!

Yes I have the greatest wife ever and I have been doing nothing but telling her that since yesterday morning..... I realized the magazine and ammo thing after going to the farm yesterday to shoot and only having one magazine and 5 20 round boxes of ammo she threw in the stocking..... Anything wrong with running bulk ammo bought on the Internet if it's brass and domestic? I guess I'm asking if this is factory defect stuff or are they discounting due to the bulk of the order?

Merry Christmas to all!

Most bulk is going to be fine. Factory stuff, top of the line. The discount it from buying in bulk.

While I have zero experience with 5.56/.223, as my ARs are still stripped lowers right now, I have bought a lot of 9mm bulk, and all of it has been fine. I buy a lot of commie stuff too, but it is all surplus. However, it has all been good stuff.

congrads, a low power scope to start, by that i mean 1 x 3, 1 x 5, 2 x 7. so you still a ton fun playing who can make the biggest dust cloud shooting at can and still be able to see what she can do at 1-200 yards.

till you figure out what direction you wish to go.