Navy Seal Shoots Himself in Head

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mustangdave

hmmm.... Clayton just completed his SEAL training last month. So he was a NEWBIE... SEAL pup as it were...not "fully" triained yet. As has been said here GUN SAFETY First...gotta impress the ladies...it will almost alwys hurt when you show off you MAD SKILLZ

Drinking is fun, shootin' is fun, the two together though....NEVER. It's sad for the family that grieves over him, but I have a hard time feeling sorry for stupidity that should know better. Even North Korean Basic Training will teach you to NOT point the gun at your head. Pitiful.

• Administrator

Callous statement, but here goes: This sounds like a self-correcting problem to me. Tragedy of the loss of human life aside, the SEALs are consummate professionals. This guy clearly did not embody their ethos, therefore the problem has resolved itself before he could get someone else on the Teams hurt by being a reckless dumb-ass.

That said, I'm sorry for his family's loss.

hmmm.... Clayton just completed his SEAL training last month. So he was a NEWBIE... SEAL pup as it were...not "fully" triained yet. As has been said here GUN SAFETY First...gotta impress the ladies...it will almost alwys hurt when you show off you MAD SKILLZ

I haven't had my 1st day of Seal training and I know better than that! Maybe a Seal newbie but they are supposed to be the best of the best and should have known this long ago!

No profession is immune from people doing stupid things. The story carries an extra tragic connotation to it because he was a SEAL, however, if he was some drunk Billy-Bob from the backwoods who shot himself not many of us would have much sympathy. He should have known better (not because he was a SEAL, because he was an adult who owned firearms). Unfortunately he won't have the opportunity to learn from his mistake.

Guest ArmaDeFuego

Stuff like this is one reason I ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS treat my weapon as if its were loaded. I would NEVER point my gun at my own head or anyone else's head & pull the trigger, even if I was 5000% sure it was unloaded.

I hardly ever drink. Its been several years since I've been drunk. If I do drink I'd have to think I'd have enough sense to not get my weapons out & play with them. Of course thats one reason I dont drink to begin with though.....

Stuff like this is one reason I ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS treat my weapon as if its were loaded. I would NEVER point my gun at my own head or anyone else's head & pull the trigger, even if I was 5000% sure it was unloaded.

I hardly ever drink. Its been several years since I've been drunk. If I do drink I'd have to think I'd have enough sense to not get my weapons out & play with them. Of course thats one reason I dont drink to begin with though.....

Agreed!!!

This was a failure to observe rules 1, 2, and 3. I'm guessing rule 4 wasn't considered in this case. It's a sad occasion, but a reminder that the rules for safe gunhandling exist for a reason, and nobody is exempt, no matter their level of training or experience.

Guest mustangdave
I haven't had my 1st day of Seal training and I know better than that! Maybe a Seal newbie but they are supposed to be the best of the best and should have known this long ago!

I hate to LOL...but until they get the TRIDENT pinned on em...they're just a "trainee"...you don't get it for going through 26 weeks of BUD/S....it can take an individual up to a year to EARN the TRIDENT once they've been assigned to a TEAM. Best of the best...yes...but not until they're done TRAINING and get their feet/flippers wet in the FLEET...