Finally took the plunge into the realm of AR...

Guest cmchap76

Guest cmchap76

I've done it. I wasn't always sure I would. But, my Birthday recently passed by and I recieved a decent chunk of money that I couldn't decide what to do with. I went from gun shop to gun shop looking for maybe a back-up gun, or an AK. But I just couldn't decide. A couple days later, after talking with a close buddy that has an AR, I decided it was time. I'd wanted to build one for years but never had the funds to put into it. Well, now I did. So I got online and began to google the world of AR. Holy crap, I never expected the onslaught of info I would uncover. Not to mention all the dozens of brands, varieties, and accesseries. But with some narrowed guidelines to help steer me, I decided on where to start. I decided on a 20" complete upper from Palmetto State Armory. I landed a stripped Spikes Tactical lower and parts kit from D&T Arms in Rivergate, who I might add has landed itself in my good graces and will now be my go to shop. I aslo aquired a brand new A2 buttstock assembly from a private individual. So to put this rifle together it ran me right at $603.95. Which I'm pleased with. Now once the upper comes in and I get it together, I will post a couple pics. Soon after that hopefully a range report.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've just been directly exposed to a virus with a communicability rate of over 99%. There is no cure. You can only be placated for short periods of time by being feed more AR-15 parts, magazines and ammo. Magpul makes some pretty good viral suppressants though. Welcome to the sickness. We like it here:)

• 8 months later...
Guest robin.kempton

Welcome to the dark side.......congrats !! Already started shopping for accessories, an EOtech OPMOD EXPS2 holographic sight and whatever else I can add to make it work the way I want it to. I'm starting to itch already and its spreading. I like it when it burns inside!

Edited by robin.kempton

You grab a part here or there then oe day you open you safe and realize you have a 1/2 dozens AR's staring back at you.

I've literally started giving them away so they won't pile up. Two complete rifles and two upppers... although one upper was in exchange for yard work, but essentially given away.

It will only get worse with time. I have built an entire gun so a $60 barrel would not go to waste. I have even heard of people starting a build because of an extra butt shock they had.

Dolomite

Thank God I am not the only one! I now have an AR pistol primarily because I bought a stripped upper from my brother to help him out... cannot have these things sitting around naked, you know.

To the OP: congrats on your rifle, hope it serves you well!

Guest robin.kempton

Thats OK...there is enough of us that we can High five each other all day. Once afficted with this viral communicable desease we are highly encouraged to spread the dark side to all we meet. Somehow it has afflicted my wife and she doesn't even own one, she just touched mine and has already asked when was I going to graduate to a larger calber (she suggested 308) AR weapon. I was just fine with my 5.56 AR. Its an evil seed that gets planted in your head from the first purchase....her reasoning was "suppose you need to take out something long distance with a punch". She used to be normal and help me slow down the spread of the infection....now she encourages it. I'm quite sure there is another purchase on the horizon now.....will it end there, I seriously doubt it.