What do you carry and why?

Guest bigbuck_tn

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GregRN

Since I got my S&W 442, I've not carried anything else. I even sold my G26 and bought a G17 to put beside the bed at night.

Why? I have found the J-frame to be the easiest thing to conceal while being the most comfortable to carry. I doubt I will ever be in a gunfight, because I stay away from bad areas and live in a safe neighborhood. But just in case, I have 5 chances to get away (plus 5 more in a HKS speedloader).

• 4 weeks later...
Guest HunterH

Glock 27 with night sights.

The BEST all around CCW on the planet. (IMHO):P

Reasons: Stopping power, 10 rds. Super easy to conceal and with the pinky extension, fits into even my large hands exteamly well. Easy to shoot, draw and shoot simplicity while having advanced safety systems to prevent AD unless trigger is pulled (your own fault), and one of the most reliable guns on the planet. I have put about 1000 rounds through it without a single misfeed and I use cheap target ammo at the range. I am yet to hear of realiability concerns from people about G27 except those Glock haters that have not kissed a girl before. :D

Edited by HunterH
Glock 27 with night sights.

I am yet to hear of realiability concerns from people about G27 except those Glock haters that have not kissed a girl before. :D

I have 2 kids and another on the way that suggests otherwise.

I carry a Springfield XD 40 SubCompact in a M-TAC holster. Conceals well and comfortably in business as well as casual clothes. Gives me 10 rounds of stopping power and then I carry an extended mag on me that gives me another 12 rounds. And then is I have more problems I have a 9mm with 34 rounds in the glove box of my car. I also have a Keltec .380 for when my clothes do not fit the IWB well, like shorts or if I am wearing a blazer or jacket I carry it in addition to the XD.

I love the XD because it rocks and it is not a glock (which are usually for guys and gangstas that are trying to compensate for something..j/k..kind of).:P

Guest Abominable_Hillbilly

G17 or a PT145. I mostly carry them because I enjoy shooting them both. I feel comfortable with their capacity and with their ballistics. Sometimes I'll carry a Tracker in .357MAG or a G20 when I'm in the woods.

Guest ColdEspresso

I carry a Beretta 92FS. I also have a G19 but that has gone to my wife and she won't give it back. Now that I have my HCP, I can go shopping for a summer gun. I an leaning toward a Colt Mustang. If anyone wants to sell theirs, PM me.

Voldemort says

I carry a kahr p9 in a iwb kydex holster. I have carried the same gun since early 2001 when I got my permit. I did not shoot it then, have not shot is since. I bought it because I didn't want a revolver.

There, fixed it for ya

I carry a S&W 9mm or a Ruger SP101 in .357 magnum. I practice at least once a week with both.

I prefer to carry at about 4:00 on the strong side.

I carry casually concealed.

Try to jack my truck and you will be shot dead.

Yes I do practice this scenario.

Edited by Mike.357
Guest DannyBoy

G23, XD-45 Compact Tactical, or HK USP Compact 40, depending on the time of year, destination, and mode of travel.

Guest canynracer
Voldemort says

There, fixed it for ya

I carry a S&W 9mm or a Ruger SP101 in .357 magnum. I practice at least once a week with both.

I prefer to carry at about 4:00 on the strong side.

I carry casually concealed.

ROFL....you owe me a keyboard!!!

To the OP- I carry one of these on any given day:

S&W Sigma SW9VE

Kahr CW40

S&W M&P 40c

All IWB except the Sigma, that is SOB OWB

I carry because I do not want to be a victim, and I CERTAINLY dont want my wife and kids to be either. (if that is the "why" you were looking for)

Guest Boomhower

So that's what all of those bullet holes are doing in your drivers side door.....and here I thought you had poor aim.

Guest CleanSeries80

Colt Government model as my main carry and a Colt Combat Commander as my BUG. why? same shooting characteristics for both guns, and i only have to carry one type of spare mag

I carry S&W 640...in my pocket or a funny pack, why? because it is a perfect carry gun, lite,always goes boom and I don`t even have to pull it out of my pocket to shoot...my car gun is 9mm SW99...why? I love the way this gun feels in my hand and my 18 rounds of Remington GS (+ 2 extra mags)...

5.jpg

SW_SW99.jpg

Edited by 44M
Guest ricks

most days:

beretta mini cougar 8045 (.45) in a milt sparks executive iwb. i bought my dad a mini 8000 (.9mm) for fathers day and have been carrying that a little bit because it feels so much lighter and has extra rounds (16 vs 7) (I don't carry a spare mag).

winter days:

beretta 92fs in a miami style shoulder holster. gives me 46 rounds on my person.