What do you carry and why?

Guest bigbuck_tn

Guest db99wj

XD40 Service, with Ranger HP's in a CTAC IWB holster at, let me check, 3 O'Clock. No extra mags for the most part, they are close by, but not on me. I did color in the front site with Orange paint so that I could see it better.

Rossie snub nose .38 revolver, in a Blackhawk Nylon IWB holster for those trips to the store, or whatever.

Why, the XD has never had a hiccup, I trust it, it feels great in my hand, and it shoots more accurate than me (I'm working on that!).

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HexHead

Kimber Stainless Pro Carry II in a VersaMaxII holster is my regular carry, though I've been opting to just drop the S&W 442 in the pocket pretty often when leaving the house to run errands. No reason to go "naked" any more.

99% of the time I carry a HK USPc (.40 S&W) Variant 1 with bobbed hammer-safety off always concealed. It has just the right size and capacity for my liking. I apparently am unusual (or so I've been told and not really surprising :) ) in that I carry in the small of my back in a cheap old Uncle Mikes in the pants holster. I find it very comfortable even when driving and constantly forget it is there. It is a little difficult to re-holster without removing the holster all together. Retention is the only other possible issue with this holster and although the reach behind and under my shirt draw takes some practice it is extremely stealth like and only prints when squatting or bending over.

When walking with the wife, I usually carry a Walther PPK and sometimes carry my little Walther P22 if the short barrel is installed. As I mentioned before, the laser mounted to the P22 keeps the dog entertained but really pisses off the wife :D .

Occasionally, I'll pull other toys out (P220, P226, S&W 1911 etc.) and carry them but usually in the colder months since they are a little bigger.

Right now I carry either my Glock 26 with IWB holster or with a belly band and I use Remington Golden Saber HPJ.

OR

I carry my Kel-tec P3AT in IWB holster and I use Federal Premium Hydro-shok Personal Defense.

I have carried my new CZ 75D PCR a couple of times but I don't have a holster for it yet and will do so more when I get a good holster for it.

I am sure that the P3AT will be carried the most this summer because it is small and very easily hidden.

I am carrying a S&W M&P40C with night sights, and CTC grips, I also carry at least 2 extra mags. I do have a mag holder I got from retread that holds 6 mags, it's full and I have a strap on it so I can throw it over my shoulder if I feel that I may be going into a part of town to where 30 rounds are not enough.:)

What do I carry, and why?

I carry a handgun, because there are evil people in this world.

:D

:) Nicely put and the reality is, as stated earlier, that no matter what type of gun one carries, it is indeed better than no gun!

• Administrator
I carry my R.I.A 1911, why? Because I can easily buy grips to match my outfitt...And its freaking awesome.

Eddie, I think you forgot to sign out your wife's account before you posted this. But I agree that you often do pick grips that accentuate your eyes or your shoes -- and that's something most guys don't worry about.

:)

Glock 21SF when I can wear the shirt to hide it. I haven't got a decent holster for it yet so I carry it in a soft Blackhawk, it works though.

I have read all the old gun writers for many years and they just put the .45ACP is the best, attitude in me. Also the reputation for reliability of the Glocks, it is accurate, and 13 rounds of 230 grain HPs. It took a while to get used to the fat grip compared to other handguns I've carried but I'm just fine with it now. I'm no competition marksman but I can get the job done with it.

Guest Liberty Seeker

I carry a :cop:cause guns are too dangerous :). J/K

I carry a S&W model 28-2 .357 mag with a 4" barrel, but I'm looking for a Taurus 24/7 PRO to replace it in .40.

Guest nraforlife

I carry a S&W M&P 40c in a NRA 5.11 Holster Shirt. If not in the shirt then in a Bearclaw Covert Assignment - Tuckable Holster. Ammo is Remington GS 180gr. Night sights are Ameriglo BTC. And a small Surefire - E2E - flashlight.

Why? Because I can - thank God to be an American.

Why the Smith, because to me it fits my hand better and feels better than the Glock.

Edited by nraforlife
Eddie, I think you forgot to sign out your wife's account before you posted this. But I agree that you often do pick grips that accentuate your eyes or your shoes -- and that's something most guys don't worry about.

:D

jeez... ya' caught me.

Can't even put on a dress anymore without somebody trying to be a comedian about it... :)

Guest EasilyObsessed

Since most of my time is spent sleeping, at work (college campus...so no carry), or out hiking/camping I dont get to carry that often, but when I do its a Kimber Pro CDP II in a MTAC IWB holster.

Guest Revelator

I carry an M&P .40 compact. I liked the way it felt, it's very concealable, and this lefty needs an ambidextrous mag release. It is the first pistol I've ever owned, and so far the only. But I'd like to get another soon, in case this one ever breaks or gets seized as evidence if I ever have to use it in self-defense.

My normal carry is my 638 J-Frame I picked up from the Rabbi. Why: It fits in my pocket and conceals easily (looks like a big wallet in the nemesis holster). Doesnt weigh too much so its not uncomfortable. Ammo used: 135gr Speer Gold Dot +P Short Barrel

Sometimes just to make things interesting I will throw on the shoulder holster and strap in the Beretta 92fs, Sig 229, or FN FiveSeven Cept for the FiveSeven they also get Gold Dots...the FiveSeven gets SS192

Guest flyfishtn

95% of the time my TRP in a Galco Quick Slide. Carry will change when my Versa Max 2 arrives in a l-o-n-g while. :koolaid:

Other 5%, I carry my XD .45 ACP in my Blackhawk Serpa.

• Administrator
I carry a Colt Delta Elite that's been rebuilt by Yost-Bonitz, except for the summertime, when I switch to my HK P7M8. Why? Because my M-4 kept banging against the display cases... :wave:

DanO

Pfft... you just need to spread the display cases out a little further.

Guest gcrookston

I carry because I travel... alot. I carry a glove box gun... a Chiefs special. I carry depending upon what I am wearing: a Sig 232 or 226. a pocket gun, a Bodyguard.

Guest m4coyote

Kahr PM9, because it, paired with the DeSantis Nemesis, will invisibly fit into virtually any pocket, and it has proven itself to be super dependable with Cor-Bon Powrball.

I have also practiced with it extensively - twice weekly, and logged several thousand rounds through it. The little PM9 has proven to be super accurate for its size, and is very light weight.

Guest Smitty

I carry my Bulgarian Makarov 9x18mm concealed since I'm still young. I carry everytime I go out unless when I have to go to my college classes of course which I hope changes someday. If it does, I'll be already graduated...