What do you carry and why?

Guest bigbuck_tn

I carry a SW 4563TSW w/NS. Same size and weight as a LW Commander but it is a true DA with re-strike capabilty. I like the thin profile and the 45acp caliber.

Some ask me why I carry a 45 and I tell them "because nobody makes a carryable 46".

Admittedly, when it is hot I carry a SW 642 with a Beretta 21A in the center console in case I need a "get off me gun".

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest unreconstructed1

Since I don't have a carry permit, right now the only thing I carry with me is the hope that no one robs me

Once I do get my permit, I'll be carrying a Hi point C9, and a phoenix arms HP22 as a BUG, at least until i get the KEL-TEC P3AT that i've been eyeing... and I will continue to carry the hope that nobody robs me......

Ed Brown Kobra Carry, Executive Elite, Les Baer TRS, and my Nighthawk when I get it out of Layaway, I trust the lives of my family to finely tuned 1911's to me it is worth the risk of losing them to an evidence locker to know that my wife and kids will be safe...:hat:

Guest mikedwood

Swiss Army till my permit gets here. Then it will be my Taurus 85 or new to the pack G26. The G19 looks like I have a bus under my shirt.

Guest Brian@GunDepot

I'm carrying the (semi) new Sig P250. I love this pistol and everything about it...from the trigger pull to the modular design. I was carrying an XD9 SC prior and still have it in the safe. Trying to get my wife to take the class and get her permit... then I'd gift wrap it to her. :rofl:

Ammo is Speer Gold Dot and/or sometimes I use Corbon.

Why? Because the 2nd amendment says I can!! :D:hat:

Guest janwbrown616

Your's sounds like mine. Same trigger and spring. I also like the Appendix carrry. Been using it for years with all my weapons. I still have a nice supply of the Black Talon stashed away. Now it's called RANGER.

I also like the front carry. Anyone carrying something in their back has been watching too much TV. For Officer Safety the back is not good....

The 40 gives me a nice cross between the trusty 45 and the larger capacity . It's nice to have a few more rounds in the mag. I also like the 27 because I can use any of the 40 glock magazines with it. Gives me a little more cushion when needed. When not needed nice and compact.

I still have a nice supply of the Black Talon stashed away. Now it's called RANGER.

Be careful where you carry that. Some states have misguided laws against Teflon coated rounds.

I still keep one around for nostalgia. If I had a bunch of them, I'd sell them for premium prices.

BTW, Rangers have an improved talon design.

Guest darkstar

Added a new one to my rotation, now carrying an H+K USP .40 compact with 135 gr cor-bons in a Galco IWB holster. Also got an LCP with some Ranger 90 gr in the pocket. I got a very sweet deal on the LCP and couldn't pass it up.

I carry some keys, a cell phone, wallet and maybe some change. When the State sees fit to grant my request for the privilege of packing I'll carry my brand new S&W 442 when going incognito or the SA 1911 if I feel like struttin' about town.

XD-45 Compact w/ TFO's - Fits my hand good; can hang my pinky finger on the compact mag; choice of 10 or 13 round mags

DW Bobtail Commander w/ Slim Grips - Conceals well, slim, .45, fits hand well

Both carried in KD Dakota Defender holsters

Carry GP-100 4" in OWB when on my property; practice with it more beyond self defense ranges

Edited by Wakethor
Guest bkelm18

Picked up a XD9SC recently that will replace my HK USPc as my main carry gun. My BUG or deep concealment gun is still my Taurus snub nose .38spc.

My favorite is a Browning HP with the Novak HRT package wearing early Craig Spegel grips. :(

Holster used is the Tom Givens Rangemaster in horsehide by C. Rusty Sherrick.

Its my "Sunday-Go-To-Meeting" carry. :)

6507ba.jpg

Guest tokarev

Keltec P11 9mm with a Keltec P32 .32 acp as a back up.

As to why? Peace of mind. Hope to never have to use it, but wouldn't go anywhere without it. The same reason you carry a spare tire for your car.

Guest janwbrown616

Well, hopefully my past LE time will mean something if I get questioned. I don't have a Tennessee Carry Permit. I have the LE retirement permit allowing me to carry in any state.

Plus if the guy that stops me, happens to NEED a few rounds of his own, I have that set aside for the occasion;)

I also figure that the only time it will matter is if I ever have to use it. Then, it's judged by 12 or carried by six as far as I'm concerned....

Edited by janwbrown616
Addition