kwikrnu, again, but he may be making the news again...

Guest RussP

I see what you're saying. I just think he got what he deserved with his permit, and hopefully with the FFL as well.

Yes, I think he was asking for it and I'm not surprised that they revoked it. I think he is trying to see how far he can push the authorities. To what end, I'm not sure about, but he's definitely seeking attention.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, are you talking about when he got banned from the dog forum?
No, not any of his bannings.

At one of his previous jobs he turned in a bunch of his coworkers for illegal activity, rightfully so. He says as a result, death threats were made against him.

The other was at his last job as a school bus driver. He had his wife go out and video tape other bus drivers not coming to a complete stop at railroad crossings. Again, violations that should absolutely be brought to light.

You might say his campaign to educate property owners that their signs banning firearms did not meet legal requirements might be a third. All he wanted was for their signs to be clear and understandable, which, if they are the wrong size, to him they were not, even though the language printed on the sign was exactly as required by law.

As someone on another forum once said, all he's trying to do is correct wrongs.

Guest NYCrulesU
Like I said, I don't agree with his methods. I'm just not in favor of stripping someone of his constitutional rights just because I don't like the way he does things.

I am in favor of stripping someone of their right to own and carry firearms...when they continually prove themselves to be lacking in sound judgement and a danger to themselves and others. Lenny fits that criteria and then some.

Edited by NYCrulesU
I am in favor of stripping someone of their right to own and carry firearms...when they continually prove themselves to be lacking in sound judgement and a danger to themselves and others. Lenny fits that criteria and then some.

To someone who doesn't think anyone should be allowed to carry a firearm, you or I could fit that description.

Are you willing to let someone else make that judgement for you?

To someone who doesn't think anyone should be allowed to carry a firearm, you or I could fit that description.

Lenny is so far over the top that they didn't get near a slippery slope. If they lock him in a rubber room and throw away the key, I won't feel threatened at all.

Lenny is so far over the top that they didn't get near a slippery slope. If they lock him in a rubber room and throw away the key, I won't feel threatened at all.

That's from your viewpoint. Someone who hates guns thinks their viewpoint is just as valid. If the Constitution is to be objective and fair, it has to apply to everyone in all circumstances, or someone who doesn't think you should own a gun would be able to take the right away from you. Are you OK with that?

That's from your viewpoint. Someone who hates guns thinks their viewpoint is just as valid. If the Constitution is to be objective and fair, it has to apply to everyone in all circumstances, or someone who doesn't think you should own a gun would be able to take the right away from you. Are you OK with that?

If somebody really needs to be disarmed, I'm OK with that. They've been doing it since the constitution was written. I'm all for controlling sociopaths. It's not the same as abusing rights.

If somebody really needs to be disarmed, I'm OK with that. They've been doing it since the constitution was written. I'm all for controlling sociopaths. It's not the same as abusing rights.

So, if someone decides that YOU need to be disarmed, just because they're afraid of you or your gun, or just because they THINK you're a social deviant, you're OK with that?

Still waiting to see some objectivity here.

Edited by DaddyO
So, if someone decides that YOU need to be disarmed, just because they're afraid of you or your gun, you're OK with that?

No. You ain't hearing me. I don't think they need to collect kwik's guns either, but I'm OK with his permit being gone. THAT's what he abused. It wasn't just "someone" that decided either. Are you really worried that they are coming after you next? The people that slapped kwick aren't gun grabbers.

So, if someone decides that YOU need to be disarmed, just because they're afraid of you or your gun, you're OK with that?

Still waiting to see some objectivity here.

I don't think it's because anyone is afraid of guns here, it's because they're afraid of Leonard. His behavior is that of an unstable person; maybe he's not technically breaking a law, but plenty of people lose their right to bear arms without actually breaking the law. People with a history of mental problems is one of them. Maybe he hasn't crossed that threshhold yet, but I think it's a matter of time before he does. When he does I would expect that he will lose that 2nd Amendment right... without breaking any weapons laws.

Beyond that I think he intends to incite panic with his antics. Sure, he wants attention from the "pigs" so he can throw the law in their face, but he is also inciting panic. If he goes through with his latest plan of going kitted up into a public place whilst having an AR slung to him at the ready he will cause a panic for those who aren't prepared for that. This goes beyond being kooky and enters the realm of putting people at risk (including himself).

I don't think it's because anyone is afraid of guns here, it's because they're afraid of Leonard. His behavior is that of an unstable person; maybe he's not technically breaking a law, but plenty of people lose their right to bear arms without actually breaking the law. People with a history of mental problems is one of them. Maybe he hasn't crossed that threshhold yet, but I think it's a matter of time before he does. When he does I would expect that he will lose that 2nd Amendment right... without breaking any weapons laws.

Beyond that I think he intends to incite panic with his antics. Sure, he wants attention from the "pigs" so he can throw the law in their face, but he is also inciting panic. If he goes through with his latest plan of going kitted up into a public place whilst having an AR slung to him at the ready he will cause a panic for those who aren't prepared for that. This goes beyond being kooky and enters the realm of putting people at risk (including himself).

My point is that someone else may think that YOU or I are exhibiting behavior of an unstable person just for carrying a weapon, not that someone is or is not afraid of a gun.

I mean, where do we draw the line? Where does the Constitution draw the line?

My point is that someone else may think that YOU or I are exhibiting behavior of an unstable person just for carrying a weapon, not that someone is or is not afraid of a gun.

We are a long way from having to draw a line. Lenny sticks out like a sore thumb. It's why he was on TV, and you weren't :)

I'd say the courts draw the line. I don't think this is a Constitutional issue at all. I don't think his right to bear arms is what is being questioned here, it's how he's doing it and his intentions behind it.

Kinda like you have the right to free speech, but you can't go into a movie theater and yell "Fire"! There are a lot of reasons you can't do that, but I would say inciting panic is one of the most basic reasons. His posture (full kit and assault weapon) could most certainly be something that incites panic. Trying to equate that to someone having a holstered weapon is rediculous. I know you're trying to play the devil's advocate here, and I agree that some people do get freaked out by seeing non-uniformed civilians with a holstered weapon, but Leonard is taking it to an extreme that even reasonable people would suspect him of being a threat based on his posture.

We are a long way from having to draw a line. Lenny sticks out like a sore thumb. It's why he was on TV, and you weren't :)

I don't want someone else deciding for me whether or not I'm "worthy" of carrying a gun if I'm not breaking the law.

Guest NYCrulesU
I've been watching that idiot for a long time. He doesn't have an honorable bone in his body.

I agree. Him trying to "right wrongs" is the most naive thing I've heard in some time.

Guest NYCrulesU

By no means do I fit that description.

I don't walk around with AR's strapped to my back, guns in my hand while marching up and down a roadway, I don't wear body armor (outside of the battlefield) nor do I intentionally look to antagonize LE and whoever else I choose on any given day of the week, I don't intentionally have FFL interviews in my pajamas with disheveled hair and I don't paint my guns tips orange and claim "Since they look like airsoft guns, no one can shoot me".

I don't draw foolish attention to myself...nor do I act in a manner that would place myself or those around me at a risk for unecessary harm. I conduct myself as an average, blue collar, hard working, run of the mill guy.

I don't give reason to suspect or believe that I am unfit to own or carry a firearm. The same cannot be said of Mr. Embody. Everything he does and says wreaks of mental instability. He gives others PLENTY of reason to believe he is unfit to own or carry firearms. So far..atleast the state of TN agrees.

Kind of hard to argue for a guy whose actions have had one of the most gun loving states revoke his carry permit.

I agree. Him trying to "right wrongs" is the most naive thing I've heard in some time.
Well, when it was posted by someone else a couple years back, similar things were said, only a lot stronger. The guy didn't post again in the thread.
Guest NYCrulesU
I don't want someone else deciding for me whether or not I'm "worthy" of carrying a gun if I'm not breaking the law.

Then don't act like Leonard Embody and you stand a relatively great chance of having no problems whatsoever.

Apparently I am failing miserably in my attempt to communicate my thoughts, so I'm done for the time being.

But I have to say that all I'm seeing is blind hatred for someone. That's never a good reason to advocate stripping someone of their rights.

Have at it.

Edited by DaddyO
Apparently I am failing miserably in my attempt to communicate my thoughts, so I'm done for the time being.

But I have to say that all I'm seeing is blind hatred for someone. That's never a good reason to advocate stripping someone of their rights.

Have at it.

Disdain for a person's actions (and possible motives) is NOT the same as disdain or "hatred" of the person.

I think many of us have a BIG problem with what he has DONE and what says he plans to DO and the possibly very negative consequences such actions have on the whole firearm enthusiasts community.