Anyone going to Hendersonville this weekend?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup... need to find a banana clip for my Archangel modified Ruger 10/22, a foregrip, and a new pocket holster for my LCP. If anything else shows up in my budget, I may come back with more than just those things.

I just gotta make sure that the wife doesn't want to come along. I had to miss the Goodmans show because of that.

Planning on being there Sat. AM. As Sigrug17 said, the first show was great, but has

gone downhill a bit since. Still better than Goodmans show by far. Not hard to do.

Want to fondle a Walther PPQ. About to develop a real like for that gun. Probably

get one if I can sell my XDm 40 first. Can't afford both. Also, gotta keep peace in the

household.

Was there around 10AM, show was way down in size. Lots of non-gun stuff.

Not really worth the effort. Did accomplish what I went for, which was to fondle

a Walther PPQ. Was not impressed with the grip on this gun. It has a "tactical" grip,

which left it rather fat/rounded in shape. Just didn't fit me well. As it turned out,

the dealer had a XDM like mine next to the PPQ. Fondled both for comparison.

Like the XDm better, for me. In that sense, it was worth the trip.

Dealer table wise, it was probably about the size of a Goodman show.

Probably won't be making that trek again. Same thing happened at Franklin.

Went and was very disappointed! That show venue has such promise...too bad they are not doing well with it. It started out good last year, but then they had some advertising isses and attendance dropped, then the vendors dropped in response to a disappointing crowd....I doubt they even filled half of the space they have, and many of the venbdors were other than gun related, heck, evem Sam's Club had a booth, lol. I did get to play with a Remington R-1 Enhanced. Had already looked at a regular R-1, but this Enhanced was awesome. But the price was also awesome, lmao, more than I wanna pay anyway. t has some cool grips, a different trigger than the regular an d fiber optic front sites.

Went and looked around and then went to Guns and Leather in Hendersonville. Ended up finding a Remington 1100. Then got an email from the guy I bought my XDm from that I had left it at the range. Glad he bought it from them. Guess I have to make another trip up there to go get it.

well the houston gun collectors show has been great .the temp is about 70 lots of people at the show today about 1400 tables .i hope when nashville gets a venue like the metro center they are building now someone will put on a real gunshow like this one or other big good gunshows around the country

I went, got there around 2:30. The first show was huge, but the building wasn't ready. Parking lot was all mud, no air conditioning, and it was sweltering. So many customers and vendors hacked off that it's made the subsequent shows quite a bit smaller. Shame, because the facility rocks now.

I found a factory 25rd mag for my Ruger .22, and a S&W pocketknife I was looking for. Didn't have enough cash to swim any deeper...

well the houston gun collectors show has been great .the temp is about 70 lots of people at the show today about 1400 tables .i hope when nashville gets a venue like the metro center they are building now someone will put on a real gunshow like this one or other big good gunshows around the country

David, You'd make a h3ll of a gun show promoter! You also have a good idea of what it would take to make one happen. Didn't you say you retired last year?:cool:I'm thinking you'd be the ticket for a good Nashville market show.

Guest Scramasax

Great venue. Too bad the tables are $81 in advance and $85 week of show:death:. That is one the reasons more dealers aren't there. I had 5 tables at the first show. Price per table was cheaper. Have to sell to much at a loss to cover expenses and I live a close drive:poop:. I am going back today to pick up some parts and hopefully some ammo. Instead of 70 knives and 20-30 antique guns I'll walk the floor with three pistols and a Randall. Decided to post most guns ol. I do have three tables at the Tennesse Military Collectors show. Futher drive, smaller tables, true collector base. Just like the shows I grew up doing. The true downfall of gun&knife shows was the decline of state and local collector clubs. They did a show at a modest profit or break even.You turn it into a large business and don't care what or who your dealers are. You get the "modern Gun Show.

Would like TGO to turn into what the Tennesse Gun collectors was originally, not the Bob Pope version. There are enough members and vendors. There don't need to be more than 2-4 shows a year.

Just one mans opinion, and it aught to be yours.:)

Cheers,

ts

well arhouston this weekend tables were 75.00 i had 7 .i was very busy check out the texas section on ar15.com dont even know why i do shows in middle tn anymore .the hgca has 3 shows per year i sell more at one of them as i do all year in nashville just hate the drive.

Drover up from Manchester to check it out. One stripped lower in the whole place. Really disappointing. However, my fiance and her dad both got to fondle weapons side by side to decide what they want to carry. And, my puppy got to make lots of new friends.

Mac