Summer Carry Suggestions

dbla

So I'm looking for a new summer carry gun. I've got a Glock 26 that I carry in a White Hat holster. I'm wanting something that's a little smaller and could be carried IWB when I'm wearing shorts and a t shirt. I'd like to stick to 9mm, could potentially do a wheel gun. I've thought about the Diamondback DB9 or the Ruger LCR. I don't really care for the Kel Tec PF9, but I'm open to other suggestions. Any help you can provide will be really appreciated!!

-Aaron

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NYCrulesU

Smaller than a G26???

I OC and CC a G19...all seasons, shorts..jeans..slacks. I've also carried a G26. Grip too small for my hand.

Btw..DB's are good little guns. Buddy of mine let me shoot his and I would pick one up without hesitation.

Guest RebelWithACause

NAA Pug .22 Mag

Ruger LCR (With Crimson Trace grips)

Glock 23

H&K USP .45 Full Size

This is my list of carry guns in order of least to most desirable. Unless I'm on a plane, I always have at least one of these on me at any given time. My NAA Pug in a pocket is way more effective than my USP on my nightstand.

beretta nano is pretty much a tiny, slim, 9mm that is a lot like a glock. The trigger is closer to a DAO than a glock, however.

CZ rami is a totally different school but an excellent gun, DA or cocked & locked style carry both work, super accurate & well made.

Taurus 709 is an inexpensive choice, ours was reliable and trouble free.

I am actually moving toward the sig p938, as I have grown tired of the other trigger designs. But of those, the rami is very hard to beat.

I can understand wanting to carry something smaller, but I've never needed to.

My summer carry doesn't change from my winter carry. M&P45c in a IWB K&D Thunderbird Defender works just as well under a T shirt with shorts as it does under a jacket or sweater. Same is true for a G26.

I've had a Ruger LC9, a Beretta Nano and now have a Kahr PM9. They are all easily concealable, each is different. I found the trigger pull on the LC9 a bit long but it was a nice slim gun. The Nano was short and thin but taller than my G26, it didn't have a slide lock which I believe was to prevent snags when drawing. The PM9 is my favorite for now, not too long of a trigger, small and concealable and so far reliable all said the Sig 938 is on my radar. I've never shot the kimber solo but they are next to impossible to get unless you are willing to pay a premium. I carried a Kimber Ultra Carry alot last summer, I'm not too big @ 5'8" and 175, worked under a Hawaiian shirt.

I think you would love the LCR but it definitely takes a good amount of training and practice to be profecient with. I love my LCR.

I have no experience with the Kahr but it seems they are either hit or miss. However, the people who have a Kahr that works tend to really love them.