Red Jacket Firearms AR-15

Guest Hidro

Hey guys, I am looking at the Direct Impingement AR-15's from Red Jacket. Price is right, but six month wait to get one. Have any of you bought from them or heard how these guns are? Thanks for the insight.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Spurhunter

They spend more time staging scenes and doing re-"acting" I cant watch it anymore. Its an abomination to a real store. Staged drama, staged "surprise" celebrity customers, staged friction, staged test firing...I could go on but will shut up now.

There are far too many manufacturers out there with great weapons already on the shelves ready to go home with you. Get an RRA, Colt, S&W, DPMS, etc, for the same price or less, carry it home and shoot the crap out of it for 6 months. I won't knock the RJF guys because I've never actually felt or seen their work, but I can't see waiting 6 months for a run of the mill AR to be built by anyone.

Mac

Edited by McAllyn
wait time adjustment
Guest twpayne75

I think the show sucks and I have never seen anything special about their work. As others have said, go to your LGS, grab one off the shelf. I would be willing to bet that it will be just as good, more than likely better than the RJ.

I was going to say the same thing as others... Do not get a Red Jacket firearm. I would get a DD M4 V5 LW. Its a lightweight mid-legth quad rail m4. The price is about the same and their customer service is amazing. I have a Bravo Company myself but my next one is going to be a DDM4V5 LW. I don't think bravo company is taking orders on complete guns right now (you have to order an upper from them and get a lower seperately), plus their e-mail only customer service can piss a guy off. Call Butch at Outpost Armory for prices on DD products or you can always look online.

Guest bkelm18
Is Red Jacket in any way better than other companies or are people wanting them just because of the t.v. show? I saw one of their ar's and there wasn't anything special about it except their logo on the mag well.

No there isn't anything special about RJ guns. It's just hype from the TV show. They used to be known for their AKs but I think it has worn off since the beginning of their dumb show.

I ordered a .308 OBR for a guy yesterday and they said expect 16 weeks for them to build it.

took 2 months to get my predatar 7.62 could have had a 556 version in like 3 weeks less demand. 5.56 predatar obr is only 1400 from larue and will group .5or better moa much better than rj. my obr test target is .326 which is better than all my bolt guns and groups as good as my friends $3000 fn a3g bolt gun.

I ordered a .308 OBR for a guy yesterday and they said expect 16 weeks for them to build it.
took 2 months to get my predatar 7.62 could have had a 556 version in like 3 weeks less demand. 5.56 predatar obr is only 1400 from larue and will group .5or better moa much better than rj. my obr test target is .326 which is better than all my bolt guns and groups as good as my friends $3000 fn a3g bolt gun.

I should of put the 5.56 LaRue can be had very quick.

Guest bulluck533

Just go with a Colt sport which is a little under $1100 or the Sig 516 gas piston which I have seen in the mid $1100's. Just as good or if not better that the RJ AR.

What I really want to know is when are the Red Jacket t-shirts, hats, coffee mugs, action figures, belt buckles, decals, and just about anything else you can put your name on is going to be available. Then they can ruin the gun hobby just like Jesse James and Orange County Choppers ruined the chopper industry and the France family ruined NASCAR.