New hit piece courtesy of MSNBC

What a load of crap. They make it sound like ALL online sales are exempt from background checks. They make no mention of interstate transfers or that many dealers sell online and that the background check is done when the weapon is transferred.

This is why so many people have stupid opinions about gun owners.

"We were watching from nearby vans as our buyers paid cash for a tactical assault rifle modified to use bullets for an AK-47."

:lies:

I wonder what "modifications" were made to use AK-47 bullets? After all, we all know that only terrorist and criminals would need an AK-47. As an old platoon sgt told me years ago, "The world is full of idiots and probably always will be.".

Putting my tin-foil hat on now. I can't think of any excuse for any major news outlet to publish such blatant misinformation and outright lies. It's one thing to be biased, but another to completely lie and represent those lies as a fact. I can only believe the reason this is allowed is due to a vast conspiracy because there is no other reasonable explanation.... and I hate conspiracy theories.

Guest tommy62

Putting my tin-foil hat on now. I can't think of any excuse for any major news outlet to publish such blatant misinformation and outright lies. It's one thing to be biased, but another to completely lie and represent those lies as a fact. I can only believe the reason this is allowed is due to a vast conspiracy because there is no other reasonable explanation.... and I hate conspiracy theories.

Tin-foil hat on. I hear the black helicopters now. Boy am I glad I have that .50 cal armor piercing, plane destroying, semi-auto, ak-47 clone with night vision and red and green death rays. Oh yeah, it shoots hollow points.

I got to the end of the article and wanted to cry...

"As for the eight guns we bought, we turned them over the the Phoenix police department... where they will be destroyed."

I got to the end of the article and wanted to cry...

"As for the eight guns we bought, we turned them over the the Phoenix police department... where they will be destroyed."

Why should you cry? These were all modern firearms and the manuafcturers will just make more. This is actually good news! Think about it; a liberal bunch of nutjobs just wasted thousands of dollars to no purpose. In the immortal words of Bugs Bunny; "What a bunch of maroons!"

Nailed on Wikipedia. :rofl: Wasn't me, I swear!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Rossen

"In 2012, Rossen was named National Investigative Correspondent. He will lead a new investigative unit titled "Rossen Reports." According to an NBC News press release, Rossen's investigations will appear on all platforms, including TODAY, NBC Nightly News, and Dateline.[citation needed]. Rossen will provide information that isn't substantiated and tends to lean towards violating constitutional rights. He is supported and funded by Michael Bloomberg and writes articles aimed at supporting the anti-gun community in collaboration with the Brady Campaign. His articles provide no factual data, and consists mainly of unsubstantiated quotes from the coffers of the Brady Campaign."

• Like 1
Guest Lester Weevils

Need the mumetal, lead, kevlar, and faraday shield tinfoil hat nowadays.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Jeff_Rossen

"In 2012, Rossen was named National Investigative Correspondent. He will lead a new investigative unit titled "Rossen Reports." According to an NBC News press release, Rossen's investigations will appear on all platforms, including TODAY, NBC Nightly News, and Dateline.[citation needed]. Rossen will provide information that isn't substantiated and tends to lean towards violating constitutional rights. He is supported and funded by Michael Bloomberg and writes articles aimed at supporting the anti-gun community in collaboration with the Brady Campaign. His articles provide no factual data, and consists mainly of unsubstantiated quotes from the coffers of the Brady Campaign."

Hilarious!

Guest Sgt. Joe

I feel like any seller who was told that the potential buyer could not pass a background check should have bailed out of the sale, I would have and feel that most here would have also.

At the same time I would not doubt that during their investigation that some sellers more than likely did just that but they chose not to include those people in their report.

They said that they bought dangerous guns, umm? I didnt know that there were any guns that were not dangerous in the wrong hands.

I'll join you all in a group barf :puke:

Is Bloomberg spending his own money or are the tax payers of New York City paying for this ridiculous nonsense? Who is providing the thousands of dollars this guy destroyed for this story?

This guy had to travel from New York City, all the way across the country to Phoenix, AZ to make these terribly dangerous transactions.

I would never buy a .50 cal in a dark parking lot.

If I’m spending that kind of jack I need to see what I’m buying.

Edited by DaveTN

why weren't these people arrested and prosecuted.

I will go out on a limb and assume the buyers were not prohibited from buying guns for themselves, but these sales all appear to be straw sales with the intent of purchasing for people from out of state who cannot buy.

It really was about the worst anti gun BS I have ever read. The hack has never had an original thought is my guess.

Guest RobThatsMe

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Jeff_Rossen

WOW... your post drove it home for me! Thanks!

I just finished reading the latest issue of NRA's Freedom Mag, and Wayne LaPierre's article, "The Coming Storm" Part 3, really hits on this. The article is a "must read" IMHO.

We are indeed in for the "Perfect Storm" if POTUS gets re-elected.

Rob

Rob

Edited by RobThatsMe

Anybody shot down a helicopter lately? And who knew the 50 Cal was the main weapon for cartels? Learned so much.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

During the invasion of Iraq there was an Apache that had to make an emergency landing after a well placed shot from an Enfield .303 fired by a civilian dirt farmer.

John Rambo took down a helicopter with a rock.

I saw on the movie SWAT a helicopter taken down by a .50. That is the only time I've heard it used in that capacity. Considering the fact that these libtards get their facts from Hollywood movies they should start outlawing large rocks and former Green Berets.

It's amazing to me that there are thousands of .50 BMG enthusiasts around the country and not one helicopter has ever been shot down by one. Based on this story I would think that the only use for one would be for anti-aircraft purposes.

Guest bkelm18

The idiots of the MSM helped us get a dictator. They will never be happy until all of our guns are confiscated.

The MSM didn't elect Obama. The American people did.