Know what bugs me??

Steelharp

Thank you! That's ridiculous. And since you opened the door, I'll come right on in:

I'l start by saying, "Hey, if it turns you on, go for it." But who are you kidding with hanging crap on everything? Every gun out there doesn't need a god forsaken picatinny rail on it!!! Likewise, lasers and AR15 stocks on shotguns and AK's look ridiculous. Half that stuff is for show and no-go anyway. What's the point? That I can make my otherwise classy little 10/22 look like a mall ninja spent his paycheck on Ebay? Half that crap will break under the lightest of use.

What's sad is that many of these people are "gearing up for SHTF" and what do you expect to do with a pimped out .22?

No real professionals in the business would use that crap, why are you? BUT HEY! If you're happy....go right ahead.

• Like 1

Heh, I would extend that to all the tactical gear. It is overpriced junk, by and large. About the only things I find a use for are a forend grip/bipod. The bipod lets me bench rest without hauling a prop of some sort. The forend is nice for short range, multi-target defensive or offensive rifle combat. The rest of that stuff is of no value to me.

Guest bkelm18

Some of you have to much time on your hands. :P I really don't care what you do or what you buy as long as you enjoy it. Who am I to judge what makes someone happy?

I can't believe this is a discussion again.

Some people like to own things for the look. Some people like to own them for the fun factor. Some people are caliber snobs. GET THE FLICK OVER IT ALREADY!

I was referring to advertizing. Did I give you any crap when you built the Bohemoth? :pleased:

I love shooting 22s. I take my 22s seriously. And I have a couple that cost more than most people could even consider spending on a 22.

Just because I want my 22 to look like a larger caliber rifle, doesn't mean that the gun doesn't serve a purpose. Even if that purpose is just for me to have fun.

I don't understand what it is about people that makes them think they have the right to judge how someone that they don't even know spends his money or has fun.

I love shooting 22s. I take my 22s seriously. And I have a couple that cost more than most people could even consider spending on a 22.

Just because I want my 22 to look like a larger caliber rifle, doesn't mean that the gun doesn't serve a purpose. Even if that purpose is just for me to have fun.

I don't understand what it is about people that makes them think they have the right to judge how someone that they don't even know spends his money or has fun.

Not the point...

http://www.mossberg.com/products/default.asp?id=43

Like with drugs and prostitutes?

As a company, if putting the word Tactical in something will help it sell better, I'd do it to. You know how much I love Ruger. Even Ruger has a tactical 22.

http://www.ruger.com...cal/models.html

And for what its worth, I'm not nearly as angry or upset as my posts make me sound.

And,,, if that advertising convinces one person that the gun is capable of use in a real fight, it bugs be. You know what your guns will do.

With that said, if you smack somebody with the butt end of the Bohemoth, it's over for them :pleased:

I'll agree, the "tacti-cool" crap has gotten way out of hand. Most will never see actual use, even if it doesn't

fall apart. But, I guess, if the wife & kids are getting fed & you've got $$$ burning a hole in your pocket,

go for it. Helps the economy, I suppose.

Capbyrd, The last .22 build of yours I liked very much. I didn't see anything tacticool on it. The fact that it looked like an AR meant nothing. The mossberg Mikegideon pointed to are the type that make me vomit.

As much as I don't like the .22LR cartridge, I happened to like this one very much. Nothing on it that doesn't serve a genuine purpose. No flash or trash.

0b139588.jpg

This^ is not what we were talking about.

Edited by Caster

I know guys. But I'm also sinking quite a bit of money into a GSG5 PK. I'm a few weeks away from an approved stamp on that gun. It will be a SBR 22 that looks like an MP5k PDW. No other purpose on that but to look cool.

This is what it looks like at this point.

4329b4b1.jpg

In a month's time, it will have a vfg handguard, a side folding stock and a three lug flash hider. Just because I can.

I still get yalls point though. I just feel like causin crap today.

I have sent more rounds down range with a "tactical" 22 than my AR in 5.56. The reason is it is much cheaper to practice with a 22 that a 5.56.

They do have a purpose in this world and should be a option for anyone who is serious about practicing. For the cost of two mags of 5.56 I can spend and hour shooting my 22 AR. And my 22 AR is just as accurate as its 5.56 counterpart in distances under 100 yards.

And in a real world SHTF situation a 22 is more valuable for day to day living than a centerfire caliber. It is capable of taking game without allerting anyone within a 1/2 mile. Add a suppressor and you won't alert anyone within 100 yards, well within headshot range of any bad guy.

Dolomite

I have sent more rounds down range with a "tactical" 22 than my AR in 5.56. The reason is it is much cheaper to practice with a 22 that a 5.56.

They do have a purpose in this world and should be a option for anyone who is serious about practicing. For the cost of two mags of 5.56 I can spend and hour shooting my 22 AR. And my 22 AR is just as accurate as its 5.56 counterpart in distances under 100 yards.

And in a real world SHTF situation a 22 is more valuable for day to day living than a centerfire caliber. It is capable of taking game without allerting anyone within a 1/2 mile. Add a suppressor and you won't alert anyone within 100 yards, well within headshot range of any bad guy.

Dolomite

If I had your situation, I would have one too. I have to drive somewhere to shoot. I'm having a hard time chewing through my pile of Wolf.