School police officer kills neighbor over Chihuahua

Guest NYCrulesU

Based on the story, and not having any other facts, sounds like a hotheaded gun owner who will be seeing the inside of a cell for the rest dayshis days.

Not enough information to make a fair judgement.

I will say this, if the victim started the physical altercation by trying to grab the weapon the shooting may be justified. It is the same as any of us or a police officer. If someone tries to take your firearm you are authorized the use to deadly force because your weapon may be used aganst you.

I agree the confrontation was totally idiotic by both parties.

Dolomite

I think it's pretty bad that these two guys got into it over a dog.

On the other hand, not all Chihuahua's are sweet little dogs. Some of them are the nastiest, most vicious little creatures you've ever seen. I MIGHT have understood it if he shot a nasty, snarling, yapping ankle-biter. And then had it stuffed like a squirrel over the mantlepiece. They were all over San Antonio! Ever see a pack of wild chihuahuas, eight or nine of 'em? Like a swarm of attack rats. Fearless little creatures, yap, yap, yap! I'd rather wade across a river full of piranhas. I didn't know you could pack that much nasty in sacks that small!

Edited by QuietDan

On the other hand, not all Chihuahua's are sweet little dogs. Some of them are the nastiest, most vicious little creatures you've ever seen. I MIGHT have understood it if he shot a nasty, snarling, yapping ankle-biter. And then had it stuffed like a squirrel over the mantlepiece. They were all over San Antonio! Ever see a pack of wild chihuahuas, eight or nine of 'em? Like a swarm of attack rats. Fearless little creatures, yap, yap, yap! I'd rather wade across a river full of piranhas. I didn't know you could pack that much nasty in sacks that small!

Well, they are the size of footballs [hint, hint]
Guest bkelm18

He didn't shoot the dog, he shot the neighbor.

Guest lostpass

Probably apocryphal but my great uncle said his best day was when the eagle came down and carried of the wife's chihuahua. His mom had a pet chihuahua with no teeth that bit everyone so I suspect he was just hopeful.

Guest Sgt. Joe

I love my big dogs and tolerate the ankle biters but I really dislike those little yapping and biting Chihuahuas.

That said I would never harm one unless it was trying to bite me in which case it would become a football and not a target.

It really stinks what people will shoot an kill another person over these days. But as has been said we dont know the whole story, if the one guy tried to take the other one's weapon that is one thing but if not then it does sound like the gun owner messed up bad and will pay for it.

A sad result either way.

I live next door to no less than 7 barking dachshunds, owned by someone who has no consideration for anyone else.

I have to resist the temptation every day to see if they would fly as far as a football.

Edited by DaddyO

Seems fishy to me. A struggle over a firearm typically ends in a single Oh S*^# shot in the movies. Doesn't seem likely a struggle over a firearm results in 6 shots including 2 to the throat. I guess we will wait to see what happens. I kind of hope the permit was revoked to keep the libs from having ammo. Doesn't seem like the permit is an issue since he was on his porch when the confrontation took place.

Seems fishy to me. A struggle over a firearm typically ends in a single Oh S*^# shot in the movies. Doesn't seem likely a struggle over a firearm results in 6 shots including 2 to the throat.

It's clear that he was doing the bidding of the satanic, demented chihuahua.

Humor is subjective, and I think it's funny!

I understand, and I may have too in the past. But I knew that dog, and the idiots that killed Gizmo can rot in heck for all I care. What they did was evil. Gizmo was 17 years old and would never hurt anyone.

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/content/city-news/‘-kick-all-his-might’-dog-owner-testifies

http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/2169/TN/US/

http://www.nashvillescene.com/nashville/a-dogs-worst-enemy/Content?oid=1189825

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/7249209/fatal-dog-kicking-trial-begins

I personally know another man who killed a dog with a pellet rifle in a residential area. He said he was just shooting near the dog to scare it, but accidentally hit it and killed it. He was shooting from his yard into the neighbor's yard.

I DO NOT take this kind of stuff to be funny at all. God help the person that messes with one of my animals if I catch him. mad2.gif

• Like 1

I understand, and I may have too in the past. But I knew that dog, and the idiots that killed Gizmo can rot in heck for all I care. What they did was evil. Gizmo was 17 years old and would never hurt anyone.

http://nashvillecity...owner-testifies

http://www.pet-abuse...ses/2169/TN/US/

http://www.nashville...ent?oid=1189825

http://www.newschann...ng-trial-begins

I personally know another man who killed a dog with a pellet rifle in a residential area. He said he was just shooting near the dog to scare it, but accidentally hit it and killed it. He was shooting from his yard into the neighbor's yard.

I DO NOT take this kind of stuff to be funny at all. God help the person that messes with one of my animals if I catch him. mad2.gif

Let's be clear: At no time was I advocating kicking a little rat...err, dog...like Gizmo - that case pissed me off too - but if the dog is biting me it earns my size 15 up its butt!

Let's be clear: At no time was I advocating kicking a little rat...err, dog...like Gizmo - that case pissed me off too - but if the dog is biting me it earns my size 15 up its butt!

Understood. I wasn't trying to jump down your throat, just making a general comment as to people non-chalantly harming animals, not meaning you, as I understand that you are not that way. Just putting a general comment out there. Not trying to get into an argument with you.

Understood. I wasn't trying to jump down your throat, just making a general comment as to people non-chalantly harming animals, not meaning you, as I understand that you are not that way. Just putting a general comment out there. Not trying to get into an argument with you.

We're good! :woohoo: