permit holder for seven years can I carry if order of protection against me???

Guest kwikrnu

Guest kwikrnu

I thought I would look up this case on the metro courts website. It wasn't there, but the guy I am suing has several offenses...not sure what the disposition is.

aggrevated assault # GS55969

vandalism case # GS55970

assault case# GS56334

harrasment case# GS56335

DUI 2nd offense case # GS125644

Criminal Impersonation case # GS125645

I'm not 100% sure this is the same cat I am suing, but it probably is. The age is close and the name and middle initial is the same...

The lady who is accusing me of stalking also has a case # TVA006795A, but not sure what that means...or what the disposition is.

Edited by kwikrnu
tried to change colors and added links
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kwikr,

The Chinese have a saying "It is a curse to be born in interesting times."

My life is a lot less interesting than it was a few years back when I was stuck with courts and lawyers every few weeks!! I am so glad it isn't that interesting anymore.

I hope your future is not as interesting as your present.

Google Lautenberg Laws.

Four civil suits? I am 50 years old and have never sued anyone. I think they are all out to get you.

I'm pretty sure they do not apply.

the point i am making, or trying to make is that you need to have this properly taken care of now. You never know if in the future someone will pass a Lautenberg type law that will inhibit your rights from something you did not take care of properly today. I hope that makes sense.

And I have needed to make claims against uninsured motorists, and peiople who were at fault. I file the claim with my insurance. Not my fault the claim needs filing so it is not held against me. Thats a big part of why we carry insurance. I never once thought I needed to sue anyone. My insurance company always had my back. Just saying...

Guest Phantom6

Voldemort wrote: The rear end at emmisions station lady did not have insurance, but that was 12-13 yrs ago when it was not required.

BS! As far as I know insurance has been required in this state for 40 years that I know of .....IF YOU HAD AN ACCIDENT. That is to say you could drive without it but if you had an accident you had better damned well have it because though the law didn't actually require you to have insurance but it did require you to take financial responsibility and have the means to rectify the damages you caused if you had an wreck. Was it you that had no insurance? I was in a spot similar to you on this rear ending thing once. I called my insurance co., they paid for my repairs and they sued the other driver to recoup their losses. I never even went to court as it settled out of coutrt. No muss, no fuss and my rates did not go up. A number of years later I was also forced into a ditch by a woman changing lanes right into me. Again, I called my insurance co., they paid for my repairs and they sued the other driver to recoup their losses.

Voldemort wrote: The lady who rear ended me in the parking lot had insurance and was represented by an insurance company lawyer.

Again, your insurance co. should have taken care of this for you. Insurance companies sue each other over recovery of costs every day.

Voldemort wrote: Crown ford was represented by their lawyer.

This one might have required you to hire an attorney as I'm sure that Crown Ford has a law firm on retainer.

Voldemort wrote: The side swipe was represented by their lawyer.

An easy matter to settle. The recipie here is 1 attorney + 1 police report. Yeild is one won case.

As someone mentioned earlier, if you need the services of a plumber and you are not a plumber, hire one. Same goes for attorneys. Don't wait til you are standing knee deep in a pile of s*%#. Let a professional take care of it.

I'm beginning to wonder if you are revealing the whole story on this OP thing. An Order of Protection is a criminal matter. Are you sure that this was not actually a Restraining Order which is a civil matter? This would actually make more sense as she could rightfully complain that you "bothered her" with trying to find out information on this guy she worked with. I don't know and I'm quickly loosing interest but it sounds to me that you have made this bed of roses for yourself by first carrying openly which I know is not against the law but should be against your better judgment in a situation like this and second, pursuing a codes violation on this individual which simply irritated her to the point that she decided to make life difficult for you. Hey, it worked. Your life is now decidedly more dificult. Now it's gonna cost you some bucks to extract yourself from this situation. That translates into a certain measure of pain. Everyone knows that pain is an excellent teacher unless you are a slow learner so I hope you learned something from this and your life is easier and less painful in the future after you get this episode behind you.

I'm not 100% sure this is the same cat I am suing, but it probably is. The age is close and the name and middle initial is the same...

The lady who is accusing me of stalking also has a case # TVA006795A, but not sure what that means...or what the disposition is

Her last name is kind of "fitting" in this case (pronounced sue me??)

Guest kwikrnu
BS! As far as I know insurance has been required in this state for 40 years that I know of .....IF YOU HAD AN ACCIDENT. That is to say you could drive without it but if you had an accident you had better damned well have it because though the law didn't actually require you to have insurance but it did require you to take financial responsibility and have the means to rectify the damages you caused if you had an wreck. Was it you that had no insurance? I was in a spot similar to you on this rear ending thing once. I called my insurance co., they paid for my repairs and they sued the other driver to recoup their losses. I never even went to court as it settled out of coutrt. No muss, no fuss and my rates did not go up. A number of years later I was also forced into a ditch by a woman changing lanes right into me. Again, I called my insurance co., they paid for my repairs and they sued the other driver to recoup their losses.

Again, your insurance co. should have taken care of this for you. Insurance companies sue each other over recovery of costs every day.

This one might have required you to hire an attorney as I'm sure that Crown Ford has a law firm on retainer.

An easy matter to settle. The recipie here is 1 attorney + 1 police report. Yeild is one won case.

As someone mentioned earlier, if you need the services of a plumber and you are not a plumber, hire one. Same goes for attorneys. Don't wait til you are standing knee deep in a pile of s*%#. Let a professional take care of it.

I'm beginning to wonder if you are revealing the whole story on this OP thing. An Order of Protection is a criminal matter. Are you sure that this was not actually a Restraining Order which is a civil matter? This would actually make more sense as she could rightfully complain that you "bothered her" with trying to find out information on this guy she worked with. I don't know and I'm quickly loosing interest but it sounds to me that you have made this bed of roses for yourself by first carrying openly which I know is not against the law but should be against your better judgment in a situation like this and second, pursuing a codes violation on this individual which simply irritated her to the point that she decided to make life difficult for you. Hey, it worked. Your life is now decidedly more dificult. Now it's gonna cost you some bucks to extract yourself from this situation. That translates into a certain measure of pain. Everyone knows that pain is an excellent teacher unless you are a slow learner so I hope you learned something from this and your life is easier and less painful in the future after you get this episode behind you.

I have had valid insurance every day I have ever driven a car.:stir:

I sue because I carry a $1000 deductible. I sue because a claim is a claim and all claims count against my policy doesn't matter who is at fault. I have had allstate since I have been able to drive and that is how they work.

Really what is the difference if the insurance company sues or a regular individual sues? Nothing, someone still gets sued.

I don't know if crown ford had their lawyer on retainer. I won without one, so much for their attorney.

As far as I know this is a civil matter. The little note the deputy left says, "Legal process has been issued and forwarded to the Sheriff's office for service. This requires that Civil Process be served to you."

"This is not an arrest warrant."

I figured if it was a criminal matter I would have been arrested.

One set of papers say, "EX Parte Order of Protection" at the top.

The other set of papers say, "Petition for Orders of Protection."

Hell, I am not a plumber yet redid all the plumbing in my old house. I have did some plumbing in the house I live in now and even ran a new main line 300 ft from the meter last year...

I'm not a mechanic yet I have fixed my cars by myself for years.

I'm not a lawyer, but have won in court against lawyers.

Guest kwikrnu
This would actually make more sense as she could rightfully complain that you "bothered her" with trying to find out information on this guy she worked with. ...Second, pursuing a codes violation on this individual which simply irritated her to the point that she decided to make life difficult for you.

I wasn't bothering her. I never asked to speak with her. I have never even seen this woman. I called the business # listed on the onsite tech website. I emailed the onsite techs. I went to the address where the onsite techs have registered with the county clerk. I filed a codes complaint against the business onsite techs. This Jason Childress guy is supposedly the CEO of the company. Check the BBB website. Jason Childress is who I sued. The man with a criminal past who owes me money.

If people can do these ex parte orders of protection for crap reasons they are worthless.

The rear end at emmisions station lady did not have insurance, but that was 12-13 yrs ago when it was not required.

I have had valid insurance every day I have ever driven a car.:rolleyes:

I sue because I carry a $1000 deductible.

So you had a $1000 13 years ago? Heck I just graduated to a $500 deductable two years ago. 13 years ago it was $100. I am guessing your driving record must be really bad to carry insurance in that manner

I sue because a claim is a claim and all claims count against my policy doesn't matter who is at fault. I have had allstate since I have been able to drive and that is how they work.

thats is flat out BS. Insurance companies do not hold claims against their clients when the claim is not "at fault". If your agent told you that is how they work i say he is lying to you. Not buying that.

Guest kwikrnu
So you had a $1000 13 years ago? Heck I just graduated to a $500 deductable two years ago. 13 years ago it was $100. I am guessing your driving record must be really bad to carry insurance in that manner

thats is flat out BS. Insurance companies do not hold claims against their clients when the claim is not "at fault". If your agent told you that is how they work i say he is lying to you. Not buying that.

Call allstate and ask if they hold any claim against a policy holder. If you don't believe me get into ten accidents that are not your fault and see if they drop you.

My driving record has always been good. I have had maybe 5-6 tickets in 20 years. I've went to traffic school for each except one I got in Mississippi for like 7mph over. I haven't got a ticket in at least 4 years.

To me there is no sense in carrying less than a $1000 deductible. I have 5 cars full coverage on one and my rate is only around $110 a month. I carry 300,100,300 and 50K medical payments which is why it is as high as it is.

I'm tired of defending myself. I've told the complete whole story and left nothing out. Now you guys are questioning my driving record?

It does seem this has strayed far from the orginal question..... but that isn't much of anything new on here.

I still say until you get something from the Dept. of Safety that says you HCP is revoked/suspended or until a judge takes it from you, you are good to carry. (IMO & IANAL)

Guest kwikrnu
It does seem this has strayed far from the orginal question..... but that isn't much of anything new on here.

I still say until you get something from the Dept. of Safety that says you HCP is revoked/suspended or until a judge takes it from you, you are good to carry. (IMO & IANAL)

I've decided it is best not to carry the gun for a few weeks.

It kinda sucks because now I found out the guy who I sued has a a bunch of criminal charges.

Guest kwikrnu
Doesn't TN have a law that says something like if the person your suing can not be found you can post an ad in the paper,and still go to court?

I wasn't able to find any info about that.

Guest kwikrnu
There IS a lot more to this story. The bottom line is that Voldemort basically asked for all of this to happen to him by ignoring the old adage that discretion is the better part of valor.

http://www.tennesspeed.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44483

All you want to know is there. :blush:

Well, carrying a gun openly is either legal or it is not.

Allthough I did not proof read the tnspeed thread before posting what I did on here and it was posted a couple weeks before this thread began I think anyone will find that the story IS THE SAME.

Guest canynracer
Well, carrying a gun openly is either legal or it is not.

Allthough I did not proof read the tnspeed thread before posting what I did on here and it was posted a couple weeks before this thread began I think anyone will find that the story IS THE SAME.

Actually it shows that you are going through all of this for 140.00...

it also shows that you DID in fact go to the house looking for a confrontation, while open carrying a gun...Legal or not, you seem to have a "Street Justice" vigilante attitude, and there is a very fine line between finding an address, and all out harassment to what you are doing.

it also appears that you bought a part, that you were TOLD would not work for your car...

it looks to me that YOU are provoking this.

seems like you have supporters over there, I for one do not agree that you are handling this the best way...but whatever, it appears that you are convinced that you are perfectly within your rights, and now, your permit is on the line...

hmm, that could probably have been avoided if you werent so dead set on the Principal of the the thing instead of the 140.00...IMHO, this is not going to look good for ya...especially if the internet conversations you have been having since the incident is brought to light...begs the question, who won, and is it worth it?

Guest kwikrnu
Actually it shows that you are going through all of this for 140.00...

it also shows that you DID in fact go to the house looking for a confrontation, while open carrying a gun...Legal or not, you seem to have a "Street Justice" vigilante attitude, and there is a very fine line between finding an address, and all out harassment to what you are doing.

it also appears that you bought a part, that you were TOLD would not work for your car...

it looks to me that YOU are provoking this.

seems like you have supporters over there, I for one do not agree that you are handling this the best way...but whatever, it appears that you are convinced that you are perfectly within your rights, and now, your permit is on the line...

hmm, that could probably have been avoided if you werent so dead set on the Principal of the the thing instead of the 140.00...IMHO, this is not going to look good for ya...especially if the internet conversations you have been having since the incident is brought to light...begs the question, who won, and is it worth it?

$1 or $2 or $2000 does it make a difference? IMO no. In the courts opinion no.

I always carry my gun out in the open. I've had no problems in 7 years. You know why? Because it is legal. I never threatened anyone. If I wasn't within my rights I would have been arrested.

The part should work for my car. I have been told it would work. You obviously do not know how this programmer works. It is "vin locked". Which means it is locked to the car it was programmed to until that car is retunred to stock. It is still locked to a 1994 camaro that was totaled in July 2007. It is unusable period. A close comparison would be you buying a computer program that requires a password. You buy the program and the guy gives you an invalid password.

Edited by kwikrnu

The more and more I read about this situation, the more and more I believe it may be a good idea to revoke your HCP. You're simply unstable in the head.

I understand you being upset over the loss of $140, but your thought process on how the situation should be dealt with is way out there. Unfortunately, if you don't have the ability to use wise judgement in dealing with such a simple situation, I'm not very comfortable knowing you're able to walk around with a gun.