Doomsday preppers false sense of security

I have only seen a couple of episodes of this show. I don't understand why anyone would go on tv and advertise their preps. I saw an episode last night that was about a group of people who were home canning and growing most of their food, and they had a lot of it. One of the men said they refused to think about protecting their preps. He said when the roving bands showed up we will just show them how much food we have and offer them some to leave us alone. I hope that works out for them.

Glenn

• Like 1

Ever wonder how many idiots NatGeo goes through before they select the "preppers" they want to air? One guy has a good portion of his guns / ammo / and food in his unsecured garage displayed on the wall? One idiot blew his thumb off and blamed it on his weapon! I could go on and on...

I'll admit it's entertaining and I watch all of the "prepper" shows on TV but, what are these people thinking? Some people call it "operational security (OPSEC), I call it common sense and keep to myself and NOT share what my preparations are or are not.

Also, some of those episodes are critiqued by so called "experts". I wish they would reveal who those so called experts are?

It's my opinion NatGeo is making fun of the doom & gloomer preppers for entertainment purposes only. What say ya'll??

Ever wonder how many idiots NatGeo goes through before they select the "preppers" they want to air? One guy has a good portion of his guns / ammo / and food in his unsecured garage displayed on the wall? One idiot blew his thumb off and blamed it on his weapon! I could go on and on...

I'll admit it's entertaining and I watch all of the "prepper" shows on TV but, what are these people thinking? Some people call it "operational security (OPSEC), I call it common sense and keep to myself and NOT share what my preparations are or are not.

Also, some of those episodes are critiqued by so called "experts". I wish they would reveal who those so called experts are?

It's my opinion NatGeo is making fun of the doom & gloomer preppers for entertainment purposes only. What say ya'll??

You may be right.

Only the dumber preppers are willing to go on the air anyway. The serious, smart people that are preparing for TEOTWAWKI keep that kind of info to themselves.

The last show had a suburban commando nearly shoot his thumb off while he was target shooting with his kids. He put his hand over the barrel of a gun and claimed it misfired. Total dumbass.

I had to laugh a little. His kid said "never put anything in front of the barrel you arent willing to lose." That was some misfire to suck your thumb over the muzzle then go off.

He said when the roving bands showed up we will just show them how much food we have and offer them some to leave us alone.

Glenn

I love how people like this never think things through. As in, what happens if they refuse his offer? I just keep hoping they show someone near me. I won't steal their stuff, I will secure it from the looters ;)

I'll offer my $0.02 (even though may not think it worth that much) :)

I sort of doubt that NatGeo is seeking to make fun of preppers for entertainment purposes; I suspect they are dealing with the subject of "prepping" because that subject IS a hot topic; by that I mean that there are enough "normal" people now who are preparing (for whatever) that other "normal" people are taking notice, asking questions, etc.

I also suspect that as is often the case, those who agree or even seek to be on TV (on any given subject/issue) are often not representative of the group they claim to represent! If that's so then NatGeo is simply picking from a gene pool that is already contaminated with folks that aren't necessarily the best to chose from.

...One of the men said they refused to think about protecting their preps. He said when the roving bands showed up we will just show them how much food we have and offer them some to leave us alone. I hope that works out for them.

I may be wrong but when they "revisited" that couple; didn't the couple indicate that they were at least "re-thinking" their no-guns/no protection policy?

Maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part; hoping that what are probably decent folks acquire some common sense! :)

I may be wrong but when they "revisited" that couple; didn't the couple indicate that they were at least "re-thinking" their no-guns/no protection policy?

Maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part; hoping that what are probably decent folks acquire some common sense! :)

As I remember (which I don't always do very well) they did say they had thought about defense, but had decided against it.

Glenn

This all (the above) may be true but ANYTHING Alex Jones puts out should be ignored unless there are at least 3 additional, independent sources that are totally above reproach.

Barack Obama is probably the biggest lair on the planet and I'd believe him before anything Alex Jones says.

Edited by RobertNashville