what is the deal

Guest Brianf88

Guest Brianf88

I am going to lay this out there I am 23 I work hard and live with my fiance. I respect people say hi all the time and I am courteous. But every where I go even older people 50+ are consider about themselves and are rude. What happened to being nice. Example I was at kroger and there was a man 45+ pushing his cart fast down aisle big enough for the both of us and he did not move from the middle and bumped my shoulder I did not start anything since I was carrying but that messed up my day. What are peoples deal? If you expect anyone to act rude and high priority you would expect it to be some young punk. Thanks for the vent.

Guest 6.8 AR

Just don't go stereotyping everyone in that category. Keep smiling and saying "HI."

You'd be surprized how many nice people there are out there in that age group.

Guest Brianf88

I am always nice and I thought everyone was like that here in TN too. If I see elderly people with a cart full of stuff I ask if they need help wait for the person coming in instead if closing the door. I feel we all need to bring it back to the good ol days I hear about.

Rudeness is learned. It's just one of many symptoms of a sick society.

I was going through a one-lane underpass in Williamson County Saturday evening, and it's difficult to see if anything's coming the other way unless you get right up on it. There's just barely enough room for the vehicle coming the other direction to get around you. So, I slowed down and began inching up so I could see. All of a sudden, a middle-aged guy in a truck came flying through, and God forbid, he had to slow down to get around the front of my truck. As he went by, he had his window down, and with a snarl, said "Blow your horn!". But did he blow his while he was coming through the tunnel? NO. What a jerk.

Some people are just rude, but they will be rude to the wrong person one day. It's just a matter of time.

Edited by DaddyO

Several things work against you.

First, people today are all in a hurry, or a lot of them are. I am very guilty of that, I would never hit someone in the store by going down the middle but I do go around slowpokes and move very fast and expect people to at least get out of the way. I do not like stores and spending more than 10 min in one is 10 min too long.

Second, when a stranger speaks to you, put one hand on your gun and the other on your wallet. Unfortunately, 7 or 8 out of 10 of them are about to ask for money or something. A very small % of those who speak are getting close to attack/rob/something as well. People are very wary of strangers that approach.

Finally, people are not even paying attention. 2/3 of the people in a store are on a phone, wrangling kids, concentrating on getting their stuff, and so on. They are aware of you, as an obstacle, but not as a person.

Most people are not trying to be rude to you. A few are, but most are just rude as a side effect of the above sorts of things, not by any intent. There is no excuse for the guy walking into you --- you should be more careful of that and not allow people to get that close next time. Instead, let them walk into your cart.

Guest bkelm18

I'm probably one of those rude people. I'm not on this earth to play patty-cake with everyone. :) If someone says Hi to me, I'll say Hello back. If someone does me a kindness, I'll say Thanks. I don't go around pushing people out of the way or doing anything overtly rude, but if someone needs something from me they can ask, otherwise I just go on about my day and won't pay any more attention to people than necessary.

Guest Kamikaze

What pisses me off is people leaving there carts in the parking lot. There will be a rack 3 spaces away and people will still leave them out. I bet I return at least 3 every time I go to the store.

I also try to be polite to everyone. It costs nothing, sometimes brings a smile to decent people, and ticks off the a$$holes. For those who are intentionally rude and overbearing, payback usually comes without any effort on your part. Like the dude last week in a black SUV who whipped into a parking space in front of me when I was patiently waiting with my turn signal on for the previous car to get clear so I could move in. He was so busy gloating at me that he hit the light pole that took up some of the space. it doesn't often happen. But it's often enough to keep me aware that bad behaviour doesn't pay off.

These rude folks have to put up with their own miserable existence everyday. It irks me too when I have put up with it, but I figure that their quality of life is so low as a result of their rude personality.

I still hold doors for older folks and women. Occasionally the person I'm holding open the door for won't even look at me, let alone acknowledge my gesture; they just zoom past almost annoyed with my manners. It still doesn't stop me from doing the right thing though.

Another topic that comes under my rule of "I can't control how other people act, only how I act."

Be polite. Help others when you can. Give others the benefit of the doubt. You may or may not be rewarded with anything other than the knowledge that you do the right thing.

Guest Brianf88

I mean I do things that people consider rude, like I swear a lot (cuss) ;) but that is just from growing up north it emphasises your point ha. But what ticks me off the most is driving, if I let you in take two secs raise your hand to say thanks! Glad I am not alone. Makes me scared to think how it will be for future generations!

Case and point--Last week; i noticed a gentleman in the parking lot with a Disabled Vet tag that had used a motorized cart for his shopping. I asked him if i could return the cart to the store for him and of course he agreed. I then thanked him for his service and tried to drive the cart without sitting in the seat. Come to find out --this isn't a option. To move the cart, you must be sitting on the seat. So i sit down and drive it in the store. While passing through the door, a ~50 year old guy stares at me and says "you look a little young for one of those--lazy isn't a handicap" (I am 25 , 6'2 225.) I was carrying so i replied with a "thank you" but could not help to think what a dick he was. I really wanted to have a few words but i thought better of it.

Regardless, a large number of folks my age are lazy sacks of $hit in my opinion. However, don't judge us all because of demographics.....