New from Evensville TN

Guest jimpres

Guest jimpres

Hi,

I just moved here from Poland. I lived in San Diego for 50 years and retired sold everything and moved to Poland. Wife went ballistic. So now we are here in TN.

I left my guns in California and now want to get them to me here in TN.

Shotguns, Win 97 w/hammer 12 ga, Win winchoke 12 ga, Hawthorne 30.06,

.22 semi auto Hawthorne, Ruger Blackhawk .357, Glock 26, H&K .45, Kimber .45, AA .22 revolver, Bushmaster .223 stock, Bushmaster lower chrome barrel 3 lb trigger pull, Win commemorative 30/30 lever action.

I heard it is best just to drive and get them rather then the FFL route.

suggestions?

Jim

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jimpres

ZenDog,

Poland because my parents came from there and I had relatives there. Plus i could live comfortably there on SS. Speak the language. Land was cheap. etc. etc.

Jim

ZenDog,

Poland because my parents came from there and I had relatives there. Plus i could live comfortably there on SS. Speak the language. Land was cheap. etc. etc.

Jim

Ah, I wondered about that possibility. Sorry it didn't work out for y'all. Welcome to TN. It ain't Poland, or San Diego, but it isn't bad. I lived in Germany 8 years, and I lived in 7 other states-- this place is ok.

But a carry permit makes it a little more ok.:eek:

Guest jimpres

ZenDog,

Sure did not work out. Tried to get a carry permit in San Diego no joy.

Wife's son has a plant nursery here and the rent is cheap.

Her meds are what is expensive.

I've driven to SoCal 4 times in the last 6 years and enjoyed every trip. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

I bubble-wrapped my long guns (unloaded of course) and stowed them behind the seat in my truck when I moved them from Michigan. I felt like a criminal carrying several long guns in a vehicle, but I couldn't think of a safer way to transport them.

Of course that was a 1-day trip. A 3-4 day trip with motel stays adds more difficulty. I think I'd still bury them out of sight in the vehicle, park under the lights and hope for the best.

By the way, welcome!

Edited by enfield
  • 2 weeks later...