Don't think this is how the "stand your ground law" works

Guest peacexxl

Guest RevScottie

It

Well, there is an indictment, now that you mention it. The New Black Panther Party placed a bounty on

Zimmerman's head. Eric Holder hasn't done anything about it. I'd say that's an indictment on something,

wouldn't you?

Shouldn't the New Black Panthers group be charged with making terroristic threats?

The Daily Caller has an image of all of Mr Trayvon Martin's "Tweets" from his Twitter account prior to his untimely demise:

http://dailycaller.c.../#ixzz1qGztV3LT

Some of it's pretty foul . . .

It is foul. It is also stupid teen chatter that a good parent would not approve of. Does that justify Zimmerman stalking him. I think not. I don't think that Zimmerman is a racist, but I do think that he is a fool with a gun. I don't believe that good parents would approve of that either.

It

That must mean the DA either thought it truly was self defense, or that it wasn't enough to take

to a Grand Jury.

Well, there is an indictment, now that you mention it. The New Black Panther Party placed a bounty on

Zimmerman's head. Eric Holder hasn't done anything about it. I'd say that's an indictment on something,

wouldn't you?

Yes, I still can't understand why the DA would not seek charges considering the clear evidence.... putting out a bounty on national television, then saying that they will serve justice if the courts don't.

I don't, nor have I ever respected the position of a DA that won't prosecute something for fear of losing. If someone breaks the law, especially if death is a result, then there should be a jury that decides if it's "worth" it or not.

We had a case here in Clarksville not too long ago where there was a plea deal worked down to agg assault for a guy who shot three people; two in the head and one in the torso. I was outraged that the DA would allow that since its clear that he'll serve a short sentence and is emboldened.

If Zimmerman is at fault here then this should be prosecuted even if it's not a slam dunk. It is a cowardly thing to say to his parents "well, we would prosecute him but we might lose, so we're just gonna let it slide."

Takes the whole "I'd rather be judged by12 than carried by 6" concept to another level.

You may be judged by 600,000,000 and carried by 6 after the bounty is collected.

I think this is on a Rodney King-sized collision course with something very bad.

I don't foresee anything bad happening. This is typical behavior by blacks and whites in America who just can't get it together because of past and present social conditions. This will pass and we will be on to the next crisis.

Edited by LINKS2K
How is offering a bounty on someone different from hiring a hit?

Well the bounty was for Zimmerman's capture, not death. Still is illegal; no excuse why nothing has been done. If someone kills Zimmerman now then his family will be able to hold the city liable for not arresting the guy.

Guest 6.8 AR

Yes, I still can't understand why the DA would not seek charges considering the clear evidence.... putting out a bounty on national television, then saying that they will serve justice if the courts don't.

I don't, nor have I ever respected the position of a DA that won't prosecute something for fear of losing. If someone breaks the law, especially if death is a result, then there should be a jury that decides if it's "worth" it or not.

We had a case here in Clarksville not too long ago where there was a plea deal worked down to agg assault for a guy who shot three people; two in the head and one in the torso. I was outraged that the DA would allow that since its clear that he'll serve a short sentence and is emboldened.

If Zimmerman is at fault here then this should be prosecuted even if it's not a slam dunk. It is a cowardly thing to say to his parents "well, we would prosecute him but we might lose, so we're just gonna let it slide."

I remember the one in Clarksville. I don't want to comment on it, except that you may be right. But the DA in

Florida evidently thought Zimmerman didn't warrant an indictment. The indictment known as the Black Panther

Party, he would probably have no jurisdiction, but Holder would, and that dog won't hunt.

Well the bounty was for Zimmerman's capture, not death. Still is illegal; no excuse why nothing has been done. If someone kills Zimmerman now then his family will be able to hold the city liable for not arresting the guy.

Couldn't the bounty on Zimmerman be looked at the same way that you look at the fee that a bail company pays to idiots like Dog he bounty hunter?

Guest 6.8 AR

I'm with you on that. Lock up all of the panthers and the 30 or tea party members that are left out here.

I didn't know about any Tea Party problems, though. What are they doing?

Guest 6.8 AR

Couldn't the bounty on Zimmerman be looked at the same way that you look at the fee that a bail company pays to idiots like Dog he bounty hunter?

Private individuals or private organizations can't legally place bounty on another private citizen. Did we place

jurisprudence in the hands of the Black Panthers?

I put myself in Trevons position. If I was walking down the street being stalked by someone in a truck and then they got out and approached me, I would have my gun in my hand. If he pulled his one of us would be dead. Only Trevon didn’t have a gun. He didn’t have any way to protect himself other than to try to get away. Zimmernam concluded that made him guilty of something.

As I said before we don’t have a justice system, we have a legal system. Justice would be that Trevon was doing nothing wrong and was accosted on the street by a nut case with a gun, as far as I’m concerned he was justified in beating Zimmermans azz and leaving him in the street. Zimmerman should have taken his azz beating for making stupid decisions and went back home to lick his wounds. Instead an innocent person is dead.

You can’t let your mouth overload your sorry azz and then back it up with a gun.

Dave, once again, none of us were there. How can you say Martin was innocent? Of the evidence that has been released it all points to Zimmerman being attacked first. You can't simply attack someone just because they are following you?

If someone was following you I'm pretty sure you wouldn't run up and start attacking them.

Edited by Erik88

I didn't know about any Tea Party problems, though. What are they doing?

The whole taking back America thing that they had going on. I don't recall the majority of the citizenry making that request. And the innuendo that it would be done in a armed manner if need be. It came off as domestic terrorism to me.

Private individuals or private organizations can't legally place bounty on another private citizen. Did we place

jurisprudence in the hands of the Black Panthers?

It was just a question. You guys are very knowledgable and I figured someone would explain it to me.

Okay, shame on me, but I don't watch much news anymore [mostly because I just don't care] But I'm just getting wind of most of this. What's the big frickin' deal? Yeah, I'm sorry someone died, get over it, people kill each other every minute of every day on every plot of land on earth. Why are they latchin' on to this so hard? Because it's so much more important a case than the guy who killed the little boy in front of grandfather back during hunting season? More important than the umpteen hundred thousand million people who died today?

Humans are no better than a bunch of got-dang hungry jackals. They just need something to feed on. Race card....White AND black folks need to shove that race card up their :stare: because many of us are tired of hearing it.

Edited by Caster
  • Like 3

Okay, shame on me, but I don't watch much news anymore [mostly because I just don't care] But I'm just getting wind of most of this. What's the big frickin' deal? Yeah, I'm sorry someone died, get over it, people kill each other every minute of every day on every plot of land on earth. Why are they latchin' on to this so hard? Because it's so much more important a case than the guy who killed the little boy in front of grandfather back during hunting season? More important than the umpteen hundred thousand million people who died today?

Humans are no better than a bunch of got-dang hungry jackals. They just need something to feed on. Race card....White AND black folks need to shove that race card up their :stare: because many of us are tired of hearing it.

Well... welcome to the quarterback meeting :pleased: