Do I need this for $400.?

Guest canebreaker

Guest canebreaker

New Springfield Armory XD40, bought new at last gun show for $550. Case comes with loader, holster, clip holster, lock and 2 mags. I've bought a box of JHP and a box of FMJ for it and a cleaning kit. all for $400. NEW NEVER FIRED

Gun related ads on craigslist get deleted fast. I've watched for about 2 weeks, posted about 3 times in the mornings. It has gone from $550 at $25. drops in this time.

I contacted the seller and suppose to meet at 6pm tomorrow.

Edited by canebreaker
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 6.8 AR

Can't wait for this update! I can't get anyone to reply at that place, but it's on household

stuff. I didn't know they would let a gun get listed.

Guest canebreaker

I go all over the usa looking for things to buy, have it shipped to me. Some locations guns will stay on for days at a time. But not around here.

I've made some calls and emailed the seller. no replies.

I called this guy, I got a text back, he was at work and couldn't talk. We talked at 6 pm today. Set meeting for tomorrow.

I'm carrying my son with me and we both carry.

I have noticed that the guns are flagged ALOT faster here than anywhere else. There was a 308 listed in Memphis for over a month. I put up a scope for a gun, not the gun just a scope and it was flagged and taken down in 5mins. I guess the people in Knox have nothing better to do than flag.

I recently sold one of my guns and picked a high traffic business that I knew had cameras all over. No problems. Most of the time I just take a gun to a gun show and have never gone back home with the gun that I went to sell.

• Moderators

I would say it is a very bad idea. Selling a gun and transferring it from one person to another sounds to be a direct violation of the current statues and what they say about the handling of a firearm on campus. Plus, lots of people around and on foot means a high probability of being seen and having it called in. I'd really suggest choosing an alternate location dude.

Craigs list just never sounds like a place i want to go. basically if i feel i must be armed to meet someone or go somewhere that in itself is a big red flag to not go.

Good luck with your purchase

I've bought several things on Craigslist - my iPod and several cell phones for example - and never had any problems. That said, I find it interesting that I've never really worried about whether I was armed when meeting someone from TGO to buy or sell anything, but when I go meet some random person from Craigslist in a parking lot I always triple check my CCW.

Edited by BryanP
Guest Revelator

Heck you might as well do the transfer on a campus. Seeing as it is already illegal to buy ftf from out of your home state.

Yeah, what the hell. I'm actually starting to wonder how long this thread will stay open.

Both my wife and I have purcashed and sold items using Craigslist. What your buying/selling, who and where you are located and how or where your to meet provide enough information to make an informed decision. As to this deal the OP has mentioned there are two strikes against it. Strike one is the OP lives in MS and is going to do a FTF private fireams transaction in TN. Strike two is he intends to do this on the Campus of Memphis State Univ. I would also point out the difficulty in contacting or being contacted by the person selling the gun is enough of a red flag to me to also make it another strike. This is really a "walk away from it w/o going there" deal and not worth the risks involved.