Outpost Armory Commercial

Anyone see the NEW to me atleast, Outpost Armory commercial on Discovery Channel today? It was very high quality and in HD. I have to say, I have always had excellent service there and recommend anyone to shop for their goodies there because their prices are not too bad when it comes to accessories. Guns are another story...lol

Guest AmericanWorkMule

I won't shop there again. I bought from them before but things soured when I purchased a new Ruger SP101 there.

We took it straight to the range and tried to run a box through it and it kept locking up. Took it back in the next day and it did the same thing for them. I was told by a younger guy, I was on my own getting it fixed and it was out of their hands. Older guy said Thanks and walked away.

...I have to say, I have always had excellent service there ...

That's weird every time i walk in there the guys greet me, ask me if I need any help finding anything, and the guys that work in the gun area ask me quickly if I need any help or want anything pulled out, heck couple of the guys went on scavenger hunts without me asking when I got my lmt sopmod stock and a magpul AFG. More recently as in Friday, one of the senior employees was helping me with an AAC can for my AR. Maybe I just got dumb luck there lol

Edited by k9wh91984

I can't get past their old commercial where the person racks the shotgun slide bassackwards. They rack the slide from open to closed to open.

The experiences I've had in the half dozen times I've been in there.....I wouldn't go in there again if they gave everything away for free.

Watch between 0:06-0:08 What kinda gumby is that guy?

Edited by Caster

I can't get past their old commercial where the person racks the shotgun slide bassackwards. They rack the slide from open to closed to open.

The experiences I've had in the half dozen times I've been in there.....I wouldn't go in there again if they gave everything away for free.

I'm watching it on my phone, but it looked like he went from closed to open to closed. Ill have to watch it on the big screen.

The Outpost can be good and bad. Of all the times I've been there, (went to school down the road in BB) service really hasn't been that great. Personally it seems like they up the prices a lot more than they should, maybe that's just me though. If get to know some of the guys in there they can be great, but if you don't then they treat you like you have no clue about firearms. That's the one thing that always grinds my gears about gun store employees.

He definitely goes closed to open. Guess they didn't want a round chambered... Edited by gjohnsoniv
Guest ArmyVeteran37214

Hasn't this commercial been around a year or two now. Cause I remember seeing it posted on TGO a long while back. Also, the other day was the first time I had ever seen it on tv.

• Administrator

Hah... I don't get it. You guys SERIOUSLY kill me sometimes.

Marketing is Good Business 101. If you want to stay in business and want to grow beyond being a small piddly pawn-shop-esque gun shop, you advertise. These guys are doing it right and have never shied away from spending a little money in order to bolster the company image, evangelize the product, and sell more guns, ammo and gear. They are obviously doing something right because they are like the few other gun shops on here who are vendors in that they are GROWING and adding more stuff for you guys to buy every day.

So they have a flashy commercial and someone jumps to the conclusion that's why they price a Ruger LCP at a certain price-point. Ooooh, how dare they make a profit. How dare they have a profit margin. How dare they make money, to pay their bills, to pay their employees, to continue expanding, to continue serving a bunch of ungrateful Monday morning quarterbacks who like to bitch about their capitalist ways on the Internet.

You know, I'm quickly forming the opinion that the reason so many gun shops go out of business or never quite take off is because the majority of their customers are cheap jerks who don't want to see them make the necessary profits required to stay in business.

Just saying.

And as for the complaint about the SP101 not working and them not taking it back, not many gun shops do and it's purely at their discretion if they so desire. For YEARS it was the norm for damn near any gun shop to require you to send a defective unit back to the manufacturer for repair. Some shops will graciously exchange your firearm. Some impose certain restrictions. None of them are required to let you return it.

Sunday morning rant, I guess. I'm just really sick and tired of seeing gun owners be their own worst enemies when it comes to running gun shops out of business for failing to operate in the negative as a Second Amendment charity.

I've never been one to complain too much about price. I've bought guns for a premium more than once. Will do so again as long as the customer service is there. Personally I hate bickering over price and digging around for days trying to save a buck. Heck, if I have to root around to save twenty bucks just to buy a gun maybe I shouldn't buy it at all, cause if that's what holds me up, how can I expect to feed it?

David, your 'cheap jerks' comment was judgemental and rude.......and I agree 110%! LOL

I've never had a problem getting good customer service at The Outpost Armory. Every time I have visited, multiple people have asked if they could help me even if I was just browsing. When I have asked questions, they have always answered professionally. I have purchased three firearms from them and tons of ammo. Most recent purchase was Friday, an AR. Always felt I was treated fairly.

• Administrator

David, your 'cheap jerks' comment was judgemental and rude.......and I agree 110%! LOL

I agree it was 100% judgmental and I meant it that way. This problem is past the point of candy coating to save a few delicate feelings, you know?

A lot of us gun owners are politically conservative and like to complain about how the Lefties are a bunch of entitlement jockeys. Well, pay attention to threads on gun forums and behavior at the sales counters in gun shops for a while and you'll start to see that gun owners can be just as bad as consumers when it comes to feeling like we're owed a bottom dollar price on whatever shiny object has our full attention at the moment. We may not support sucking at the government tit for handouts, but we sure as hell don't seem to want a gun shop to stay in business if it means they have to charge us a markup.

I can't think of any other retail industry where it is so common to go in and haggle for price, car lots excluded. If I go to Best Buy, my only chance of buying a television cheaper than what they have it marked on the shelf is if they are willing to price match a competitor. I can't just waltz in there and announce that I'll give them 20% less than the asking price on a new high-end LCD TV. If I did, they'd tell me to come back when I had more money.

Anyway, yeah... this little rant has been brewing under the surface for a while.

I'd shop there. I've always ever been the one who hates haggling like I'm buying goat pelts at a turkish bazaar or something. I will talk back and forth if it's a trade as I feel I am bargaining the price of MINE as much as theirs. 99% of the time my response is limited to two remarks: I'll take it or thank you for your time.

Hasn't this commercial been around a year or two now. Cause I remember seeing it posted on TGO a long while back. Also, the other day was the first time I had ever seen it on tv.

Yeah this is an older tv spot. The one I saw was a little different and at the end it showed their new location.

Hah... I don't get it. You guys SERIOUSLY kill me sometimes.

Marketing is Good Business 101. If you want to stay in business and want to grow beyond being a small piddly pawn-shop-eque gun shop, you advertise. These guys are doing it right and have never shied away from spending a little money in order to bolster the company image, evangelize the product, and sell more guns, ammo and gear. They are obviously doing something right because they are like the few other gun shops on here who are vendors in that they are GROWING and adding more stuff for you guys to buy every day.

So they have a flashy commercial and someone jumps to the conclusion that's why they price a Ruger LCP at a certain price-point. Ooooh, how dare they make a profit. How dare they have a profit margin. How dare they make money, to pay their bills, to pay their employees, to continue expanding, to continue serving a bunch of ungrateful Monday morning quarterbacks who like to bitch about their capitalist ways on the Internet.

You know, I'm quickly forming the opinion that the reason so many gun shops go out of business or never quite take off is because the majority of their customers are cheap jerks who don't want to see them make the necessary profits required to stay in business.

Just saying.

And as for the complaint about the SP101 not working and them not taking it back, not many gun shops do and it's purely at their discretion if they so desire. For YEARS it was the norm for damn near any gun shop to require you to send a defective unit back to the manufacturer for repair. Some shops will graciously exchange your firearm. Some impose certain restrictions. None of them are required to let you return it.

Sunday morning rant, I guess. I'm just really sick and tired of seeing gun owners be their own worst enemies when it comes to running gun shops out of business for failing to operate in the negative as a Second Amendment charity.

They can run their business however they see fit, but when every other gun store I've visited in the Middle Tennessee area - including many of our other vendors - are selling Ruger LCP's for $300-$319, I was a little stunned when they quoted me a price of nearly $350 before tax/TICS. If we were talking about a $1000+ gun, $30-$50 may not be an issue. But on a $300 gun, $30-$50 is a little more noticeable.

If I was one of only a few who've had similar complaints about The Outpost Armory, I may find it in my heart to feel bad, but that is hardly the case. Outside of this website, I've not met a single person who visited The Outpost Armory that didn't complain about their prices, when compared to other gun stores in our area. I deal with a great number of customers/business owners in Rutherford County, and every single one felt the same way. Honestly, not a single one has not complained, and these are people with far, far more money to blow than myself.

I'm not sure why those of us who compare/notice prices are vilified, as if the average person never does this. For those of us who compare prices, we have other places to shop. For those businesses who want to charge more than almost everyone else in the area, they have other customers to sell to. In the end, I don't think anyone is going to be losing much sleep over this issue.

• Like 1
Guest AmericanWorkMule

I neither asked or demanded they take the gun back. I was hoping for advice.

I just showed it to them and the first thing out of their mouth was that I was on my own.

Who knows, maybe they treat their good ol boy friends better but I took their advice and have never been back.

I felt the staff could've handled their response to a defective brand new purchase better.

As far as the repair of SP101 went, I researched and learned a little gunsmith lesson along the way.

On one of the Ruger forums there is a retired gunsmith who posted a great guide on how to deburr & polishing a SP101.

I recommend that and a spring replacment. The action was like butter after a little treatment.

...oh, I think their commercial is cool.

but maybe at the end they should have a real fast spoken disclaimer like at the end of car dealer commercials....

"...afterpurchaseproblemedfirearmsareyourproblemnotourspleasepracticesafefirearmownershipofyourproblemedfirearm.."

Edited by AmericanWorkMule

I neither asked or demanded they take the gun back. I was hoping for advice.

I just showed it to them and the first thing out of their mouth was that I was on my own.

Who knows, maybe they treat their good ol boy friends better but I took their advice and have never been back.

I felt the staff could've handled their response to a defective brand new purchase better.

As far as the repair of SP101 went, I researched and learned a little gunsmith lesson along the way.

On one of the Ruger forums there is a retired gunsmith who posted a great guide on how to deburr & polishing a SP101.

I recommend that and a spring replacment. The action was like butter after a little treatment.

...oh, I think their commercial is cool.

but maybe at the end they should have a real fast spoken disclaimer like at the end of car dealer commercials....

"...afterpurchaseproblemedfirearmsareyourproblemnotourspleasepracticesafefirearmownershipofyourproblemedfirearm.."

The last part LMAO