Does anyone make a full auto 22, preferably a full auto version of a Ruger 1022? Also, any Class III shops around Nashville?

Thanks

Joe

Edited by Joe86
notification
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AK4ME

I've been interested in these for a long time. Check the add NFA ad board at subguns.com often and you'll find a Norell pack for sale. They start at $8,500 for the trigger pack and anti-bounce bolt but I have seen complete guns with 30+ magazines for $10,000

For about the same price you could also get an American 180 but the guys that own them seem to prefer the 10/22. The 180 is kind of difficult to load and picky about the ammo you use.

seems like there is one that was made in texas. It had a drum mag on top like a lewis gun and from time to time i see them on gunbroker. they are tranferable if i recall rightly and have a great reputation. usually priced under 5000.00 too. any body remember the model and maker seems like amd or something.

I dont know much about Full Auto Guns, but I do know that $10,000 for a Full Auto .22 is pretty crazy when you can get an Uzi for around the same price. Hell just get one of those 10/22 crank gatling gun kits that should spit out plenty of rounds for next to nothing. There is a guy on THR.com that is selling some FA's right now at varying price points.

Seems like I saw one at Knob Creek a dealer had for sale a long time ago.

Pretty neat set up. It had an enlarged trigger guard. You pushed the trigger

forward for Full Auto, and pulled it (regular) for semi auto. Can't remember the

price though... plus it was a loooong time ago. It sticks in my mind because

that seemed like a really neat set up/

Guest nj.piney

it was a sam 180. used for riot control with a laser, for prison use. if you see the laser, get on the floor quick.

There's a few TEK converted ruger's floating around, but the norell trigger packs are the best way to go I believe. Buy one of them and a new ruger and your ready to rock. I wanna try the american 180 .... if they are picky wouldn't wanna own it though.

• 2 weeks later...

Admittedly, I'm ignorant when it comes to "full-auto's", so can someone please explain to me how a $160 10/22 can turn into a gun worth several thousand dollars, simply because it's fully auto? Again, I'm ignorant to these type of guns, but I thought turning a semi-auto into a full-auto was somewhat simple and cheap.

Admittedly, I'm ignorant when it comes to "full-auto's", so can someone please explain to me how a $160 10/22 can turn into a gun worth several thousand dollars, simply because it's fully auto? Again, I'm ignorant to these type of guns, but I thought turning a semi-auto into a full-auto was somewhat simple and cheap.

Please read the NFA Guide in this forum.

It will explain everything you need to know.

You can also do a quick review of the simple laws of supply and demand.

This law directly effects and is the driving force behind the prices of fully transferable machine guns.

Example:

Put 100 fish sandwiches in a room.

Allow 200 hungry guys in said room.

Start the buy/sell process.

What you are left with is 100 (or less as some of those guys may be more hungry than others) very full, satisfied men with a much lighter wallet, with the rest of the room being filled with very pissed off and hungry men.

Regular schmoes like you and me can not legally own machineguns without paying a $200 tax stamp and giving out way too much information to the gov. This is due to NFA of 1934.

Another similar act in 1986 made it illegal to own any machinegun manufactured after 1986. That was 22 years ago and those pre '86 guns are starting to get rarer than hens teeth...supply and demand has bumped them to crazy levels.

The trigger group is what officially makes it a machine gun. What you are really buying here is that pre-84 legal trigger...with a 10/22 attached to it. They burn through a 10 round magazine F-A-S-T!

I'll bet everyone is kicking themselves for not buying these by the truckload in the early 80's

Please read the NFA Guide in this forum.

It will explain everything you need to know.

You can also do a quick review of the simple laws of supply and demand.

This law directly effects and is the driving force behind the prices of fully transferable machine guns.

Example:

Put 100 fish sandwiches in a room.

Allow 200 hungry guys in said room.

Start the buy/sell process.

What you are left with is 100 (or less as some of those guys may be more hungry than others) very full, satisfied men with a much lighter wallet, with the rest of the room being filled with very pissed off and hungry men.

Regular schmoes like you and me can not legally own machineguns without paying a $200 tax stamp and giving out way too much information to the gov. This is due to NFA of 1934.

Another similar act in 1986 made it illegal to own any machinegun manufactured after 1986. That was 22 years ago and those pre '86 guns are starting to get rarer than hens teeth...supply and demand has bumped them to crazy levels.

The trigger group is what officially makes it a machine gun. What you are really buying here is that pre-84 legal trigger...with a 10/22 attached to it. They burn through a 10 round magazine F-A-S-T!

I'll bet everyone is kicking themselves for not buying these by the truckload in the early 80's

I knew about the legal factors, but for some reason I assumed that it wasn't very difficult to make your own full-auto if you wanted, and had the ability.

I knew about the legal factors, but for some reason I assumed that it wasn't very difficult to make your own full-auto if you wanted, and had the ability.

Its is VERY easy to convert/manufacture a firearm capable of automatic fire.

Whats hard is that thing in Bubba's pants when he becomes your roommate and lover for the next 10 years.

Its is VERY easy to convert/manufacture a firearm capable of automatic fire.

Whats hard is that thing in Bubba's pants when he becomes your roommate and lover for the next 10 years.

Yea, that doesn't like much fun.

So, no full-auto's are allowed to be made anymore, unless for the government?

**********Nevermind, I just read the NFA forum.

Edited by TripleDigitRide
  • 3 weeks later...