Gander Mountain.

I had to drive my wife to Jackson for a meeting today. She has neck problems and struggles to drive more than a few miles. I went to Gander Mountain and picked up some nice size military ammo boxes with good seals for 12.99. I didn't think that was to bad. Awfully high on ammo though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I go to Gander Mountain to find what I want, especially if it is a handgun. They have more than most places. Once I find what I want I can then go somewhere else to buy it.

A perfect example was the two BX-25 mags I just bought for my 10/22. $39.99 from Gander and $25.00 from our forum sponsor Joe Bob's Outfitters.

The only time I use the big chains for ammo is when Cabela's has a big sale. About twice a year they'll put Sellier and Bellot 9mm on sale for $8.99 a box and run a shipping deal where orders over $175 ship free. 1k 9mm FMJ at $180 is about the best a non-reloader like myself can do. With prices creeping back up, I wonder if they'll run the same deal again, and kinda doubt it.

Guest bkelm18

Yep, Sig 238 magazines are $39.99 plus tax at Gander. I found one at my LGS yesterday for $24.00 out the door.

They did have silicone impregnated gun socks for $1.99 at the Gander in Knoxville.

Yeah their mag prices are utterly ridiculous.

But Gander Mountain WILL price match any other store. They just need to be able to call the store to verify the price.

Dolomite

Didn't know about the price policy, but the only other competitor around here is Bass Pro Shop and they aren't better.

But Gander Mountain WILL price match any other store. They just need to be able to call the store to verify the price.

Dolomite

Depends on the product....Gander Mountain will price match any other stuff if they want to do it. The one in Knoxville wouldn't price match Walmart or Dicks on ammo stating that it was "below their cost".

Edited by wcsc12
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Riverrat

My son found an ad with the Jackson flee market. He said lots of ammo cans at great prices. We planned to go that day but someone needed my boat trailer more than I did. I'll have him find it and I will post.

He looked and could find an ad. He says he use to see it all the time at flee market listings for Jackson, Nashville and Knoxville. I'll post it when he finds it.

My cousin could get 40 mm cans for $10 in Memphis.

Edited by Riverrat
Guest dubaholic2

Gander will match any LGS within 50 miles, as long as we can call and verify the price, and the item is in stock. I can't speak for the Jackson store, but we price match stuff all the time.

Guest bkelm18

Gander will match any LGS within 50 miles, as long as we can call and verify the price, and the item is in stock. I can't speak for the Jackson store, but we price match stuff all the time.

I'd rather just drive to that LGS and pay the already low price. :P No offense, but GM is some price gouging fools and people are dumb enough to pay for it.

Where are the $10 40mm cans in Memphis?

Look on Craigslist for Memphis and search for "ammo". They are advertised on there all the time. That said I have never bought or even called them, only seen them.