Houston PO beating video

JG55

I was listening to Micheal Berry on the radio and he was doing a the show about this PO beating in Houston. I hadn't seen the video until this morning. It seems It doesn't match with what Berry was saying on the radio. Skip to the 50 second mark that's where the takedown occurs

Take a look

[media=]

[/media] Edited by JG55

This is a small portion of LE and is not representative of LE in general. Not really sure why you would want to post something that is obviously negative about LE when that LE is not in our area or part of our communities.

With that being said the officers in the video are, without a doubt, ones that should not be in LE. Adrenaline can amp you up but even then you need to keep your composure. They went over the top with their actions.

As far as the suspect goes he did not deserve that type of beating but he should not be allowed to sue or receive any compensation for this. In a court of law your hands must be clean and his hands weren't. He committed several crimes moments prior to the interaction with LE so he should not be able to sue. Yes the officers should be held accountable but the criminal should not be compensated with anything other than medical treatment which he would have gotten in the jail anyways.

Imagine if this turns into a money making affair for some degenerates. They go out, committ a crime, then run in hopes of being handled roughly so they can have a payday of sorts. In turn officer's careers are going to be ruined.

Dolomite

Not really sure why you would want to post something that is obviously negative about LE when that LE is not in our area or part of our communities.

You have to remember that it is a cop-bashers job to only post the negative actions or a few in law enforcement, and to not acknowledge the good deeds that the rest of them do everyday. Whether it is in our area or not, they use whatever they can find in an attempt to make all LE look bad.

• Like 2

This is a small portion of LE and is not representative of LE in general. Not really sure why you would want to post something that is obviously negative about LE when that LE is not in our area or part of our communities.

With that being said the officers in the video are, without a doubt, ones that should not be in LE. Adrenaline can amp you up but even then you need to keep your composure. They went over the top with their actions.

As far as the suspect goes he did not deserve that type of beating but he should not be allowed to sue or receive any compensation for this. In a court of law your hands must be clean and his hands weren't. He committed several crimes moments prior to the interaction with LE so he should not be able to sue. Yes the officers should be held accountable but the criminal should not be compensated with anything other than medical treatment which he would have gotten in the jail anyways.

Imagine if this turns into a money making affair for some degenerates. They go out, committ a crime, then run in hopes of being handled roughly so they can have a payday of sorts. In turn officer's careers are going to be ruined.

Dolomite

We see near daily examples of this type thing happening. How many instances of this stuff would you need to see to believe that perhaps they aren't isolated instances, but a systemic problem?

• Like 1
Guest bkelm18

We see near daily examples of this type thing happening. How many instances of this stuff would you need to see to believe that perhaps they aren't isolated instances, but a systemic problem?

Statistically speaking, if you go by the numbers, this type of happening is a very rare instance considering the number of law enforcement officers employed in this country. Not saying it's a good thing, but the cop haters definitely blow it out of proportion and make it out to be some sort of pandemic of evil officers abusing their power.

Whether it's fairly uncommon or systematic is irrelevant. These individuals are responsible for their own actions and deserve to be called out publicly and punished for thinking they are above the law. I am not making judgments of other officers based on the actions of these guys because for the most part my interactions with the LE community has been positive.

Near daily examples? That is completely laughable. Remember, only the bad stuff gets reported by the media, and posted on the gun boards (sadly, TGO is seeing more and more of this constant cop-bashing). Most people could care less about the good stuff police do everyday. It is a thankless job.

Are there bad cops out there? Yes. Just like there bad doctors, bad lawyers, and even bad gun owners. I bet you get upset when the media uses the actions a bad gun owner to portray all guns and gun owners as bad, but you seem to want to do the same thing when it comes to law enforcement. It's called hypocrisy.

• Like 2

All you guys who are saying that the cops do a lot of good things.... I'm not disagreeing with you, but just like the guys who are providing proof of bad behavior on the part of LE, if you have video evidence, post it up.

All you guys who are saying that the cops do a lot of good things.... I'm not disagreeing with you, but just like the guys who are providing proof of bad behavior on the part of LE, if you have video evidence, post it up.

See my post above. It's hard to post videos of the good things because the media doesn't care about that, and rarely do stories on it. Also, the average citizen rarely posts videos online about positive interactions with LE. They don't do this because the positive stuff won't create a "stir,' and won't get a lot of view clicks on Youtube.

Having seen your posts in the past, you view on LE is quite clear. You don't like LE, and you mostly post about the bad stuff. There are videos out there about the good things, but they are few and far between due to the reasons stated above.

• Like 1

Well... there is a bright side. Once the perp gets done with his short stay in the county hotel, that ass whipping may actually be a deterrent. I think it was over the top too, but doesn't bug me as much seeing it happen to a thug that was caught red handed.

You don't like LE, and you mostly post about the bad stuff.

That's not true. I have no problem with LEOs who truly "serve and protect". It's the one who have inflated egos, have the attitude that everyone is a criminal until proven otherwise, or don't hesitate to stomp on the law-abiding citizen's constitutional rights that I have HUGE problems with.

Edited by DaddyO
  • Like 1

I have said it before and will say it again.

We would love to hate the officers for what they did but it is not entirely their fault. Their actions are the result of the continued training, their peers, their supervisors as well as their administration. They have allowed other incidents to go unpunished which only empowers officers like this. It is a rare that officers go from being an outstanding officer to a crappy officer in one step, it happens gradually in front of their peers and supervisors.

But I still stand by my statement that the bad guy should not be allowed to sue for damages. If it were not for his actions initially the officers would not have beaten him. And like someone has already said, maybe that beating will be a deterrent if he considers the same criminal path in the future.

Dolomite

Guest A10thunderbolt

I have had good interactions with LE, but God forbid you are suspected of being a criminal, that's where things usually go wrong. It seems in a lot of cases you become guilty until proven Innocent. My dad was injured by LE when they arrested my brother who was in the car with him. He was already getting on the ground and they put their boots on his head and twisted his arm and tore his shoulder, I mean there was blood coming off his face when I picked him up (They impounded my brothers Car). I have no love for my brother and didn't back then, but I tell you its hard to get past seeing you dads face messed up because of what? They wanted some action so they made some up. BTW its not cop Bashing if its true. People abuse power that's why there still hasn't been a perfect Gov setup. This all happened in Knoxville, Le are polite if they think your "Good" it just seems like they have a problem deciding when to get violent.

Cops, Popo, Deputy, LEO what ever you call them they are doing a job that MOST of us would NOT want to do. Are there bad apples in the bunch? Sure but there are bad apples in every bunch. We cannot condemn the whole for the actions of a few. Punish the offenders and move on. I also agree with every post Dolomite has posted, the perp should not any anyway be able to sue the Dept. Sue the individual accused officers, but not the Dept. Just my 0.02, now I am going to go play dinosaurs with my 5 year old.

Edited by buck1032
  • Like 2
Guest A10thunderbolt

My dad didn't even consider suing, I mean it was wrong but what difference would suing do? We do need to hold them to a high standard, I don't believe they should be held to a hire standard than we have for ourselves though.

Near daily examples? That is completely laughable. Remember, only the bad stuff gets reported by the media, and posted on the gun boards (sadly, TGO is seeing more and more of this constant cop-bashing). Most people could care less about the good stuff police do everyday. It is a thankless job.

Are there bad cops out there? Yes. Just like there bad doctors, bad lawyers, and even bad gun owners. I bet you get upset when the media uses the actions a bad gun owner to portray all guns and gun owners as bad, but you seem to want to do the same thing when it comes to law enforcement. It's called hypocrisy.

As a matter of fact, I do care about the good things leo's do. As a person who is taxed to financially conpensate them, I expect it. I do not wish to fund things that go on like what is represented in the video. Had the video not been recorded, I firmly believe this would have been swept under the rug and nothing done about it. How often do you suspect this happens and isn't reported?

I meet people in my job regularly that need a dose of what that burglery suspect received, but I have enough professionalism and respect for other human beings to refrain from beating them without just cause.

Also, I don't remember posting anything that protrays all police as bad. I do, however, believe that the abuse of power among them is more than a few isolated incidents.

Edited by gregintenn

As a matter of fact, I do care about the good things leo's do. As a person who is taxed to financially conpensate them, I expect it. I do not wish to fund things that go on like what is represented in the video. Had the video not been recorded, I firmly believe this would have been swept under the rug and nothing done about it. How often do you suspect this happens and isn't reported?

I meet people in my job regularly that need a dose of what that burglery suspect received, but I have enough professionalism and respect for other human beings to refrain from beating them without just cause.

Also, I don't remember posting anything that protrays all police as bad. I do, however, believe that the abuse of power among them is more than a few isolated incidents.

We've seen more than a few right here. Percentage wise, it's pretty small. I have known a lot of cops over the years. A small few were cruising to whip somebody's ass. Most were great guys. I even knew a few Houston cops when I lived there. Those guys get shot at more than most.

First off, I am not a cop hater.

I posted the video because I can't stand it when People in authority abuse their position of Trust. In this particular case the criminal had already gave up as evidenced by him laying flat on the ground with his hands on the back of his head. There was no need for the physical punishment that was dished out to him. Please explain where it says that Police Officers have a right to beat up a suspect who is not resisting . I don't remember seeing that regulation anywhere. Do you really want them to decide to administer street justice as they see fit, I don't. We have already seen a Homeless schizophrenic man get beat to death in CA ( Kelly Thomas). This stuff can go to far to quick and people get hurt...

We have to rely on LE to be professional, so that our interactions with them will be safe and secure for both sides. When Officers are abusive whether physically or verbally, they are denigrating all other officers as well as the public.

Yes, the job is hard and dangerous, but no one makes anyone become a Officer. They are their to Protect and Serve and most officers do a very good job and get little thanks for it, but surely they knew that before they joined the force. It is truly a thankless job but Wyatt Earp syndrome needs to be controlled and not allowed this ain't the old wild west...

• Like 1

First off, I am not a cop hater.

I posted the video because I can't stand it when People in authority abuse their position of Trust. In this particular case the criminal had already gave up as evidenced by him laying flat on the ground with his hands on the back of his head. There was no need for the physical punishment that was dished out to him. Please explain where it says that Police Officers have a right to beat up a suspect who is not resisting . I don't remember seeing that regulation anywhere. Do you really want them to decide to administer street justice as they see fit, I don't. We have already seen a Homeless schizophrenic man get beat to death in CA ( Kelly Thomas). This stuff can go to far to quick and people get hurt...

We have to rely on LE to be professional, so that our interactions with them will be safe and secure for both sides. When Officers are abusive whether physically or verbally, they are denigrating all other officers as well as the public.

Yes, the job is hard and dangerous, but no one makes anyone become a Officer. They are their to Protect and Serve and most officers do a very good job and get little thanks for it, but surely they knew that before they joined the force. It is truly a thankless job but Wyatt Earp syndrome needs to be controlled and not allowed this ain't the old wild west...

Exactly! Were I a LEO, I would strive to purge trash like this from my ranks, so that the entire LEO community didn't have a bad name. I just can't see condoning this type behavior. I sure don't know how one could defend it.

Teachers do the same thing. I've seen teachers stick up for other teachers who have done terrible misdeeds. If things like this are defended and not dealt with, it soils the entire profession.

Maybe it's a union thing to try and protect the few who should not be there.

Last I read there were approx 900,000 LEO's in the U.S. considering local, state, and federal levels. There are always going to be bad people or people who make stupid decisions no mater what profession. Even if we were to see 100 cops being stupid or beating somebody that is not even close to 1% of the total. So believe what you want about anybody in general your opinion is your own to have. I don't really see any cop bashing but only showing the small fraction of wrong doings in the media gets old quick! But showing a video of a cop doing his job and being polite wouldn't bring viewers so it won't be shown on tv. One of the officers was found not guilty. I believe he was the first of four to be tried in court. They were all terminated from what I read from another story.

• Like 1