Fun things to do while camping?

It's been years since I've been camping I think the last time I have been was when I was 13. Now that I'm 24 a lady friend of mine are oing to go up to my cabin in tellico but we aren't going to use the cabin.

What are some fun things you guys do while camping to keep things from getting bored?

It's been years since I've been camping I think the last time I have been was when I was 13. Now that I'm 24 a lady friend of mine are oing to go up to my cabin in tellico but we aren't going to use the cabin.

What are some fun things you guys do while camping to keep things from getting bored?

Well if I were taking a lady friend I know what I would be doing!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Brag up your prowess as a genuine backwoodsman, then take along a small can of black eyed peas. When your buddy isn't looking, pour a small pile on a relatively clean patch of ground. Point them out to your buddy. Say, "Hey look, deer scat!" Then REALLY prove your backwoods prowess by tasting them. Say something like, "Yep! Whitetail buck... 'bout 3 years old..." Taste them again. Say, "And he's been browsing on juniper berries and white acorns!"

• Like 1

Brag up your prowess as a genuine backwoodsman, then take along a small can of black eyed peas. When your buddy isn't looking, pour a small pile on a relatively clean patch of ground. Point them out to your buddy. Say, "Hey look, deer scat!" Then REALLY prove your backwoods prowess by tasting them. Say something like, "Yep! Whitetail buck... 'bout 3 years old..." Taste them again. Say, "And he's been browsing on juniper berries and white acorns!"

Pretend to leave your watch at home and when she's not looking sneak a peek at your watch, look up at the sun and then say, "I make it to be about 2:18pm"

If you're near the river fish & pan for gold. If not maybe take a ornathological guide & binoculaurs & try to identify some birds. Sit around and read & drink & be kinda lazy. Look for civil war/settler artifacts.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

I think that's Turkey Bay in LBL....Off road area...

That's why I was asking. My wife and I had a nice spot on Turkey Bay, opposite side from the recreation area. Ya gotta take a back trail a couple miles but the spot is secluded and right on the water. Used to go there all the time before the kids came along.

That whole area is nice! You just have to put up with noise is all. The OP may be talking about a whole differnt place.

I guess we'll see.

Fishing and hiking would surely be in order though!

No noise on where I'm talking about. All the 4 wheelers are on the other side of the bay. We do the backwoods camping instead of staying in the main areas. Great privacy and all the skinny dippin you could ask for after the sun goes down.

:shake: I'm not sure you put a lot of thought into this before you posted . :waiting::blink:

If you haven't been camping in a while, you're going to want to keep it simple. A bad experience just means you'll never do it again. Camping is a great activity, you don't want to spoil it with a bad first experience.

Cook out, but use matchlight charcoal. Cook easy stuff you already know how to cook: Burgers, chicken, etc. Pancakes and bacon are great for breakfast. Nothing smells better than bacon cooked outside.

Have a really good campfire at night. Bring lots of dry wood. Don't try to find stuff out in the woods while you are there. Bring dry, seasoned wood. A fire is your TV set at night. You'll sit around it, mesmerized for hours while you talk. If you spend the night blowing on it and throwing gas on it, you'll just end up frustrated.

Bring marshmellows to cook, or cookies. My favorite camp cookies are Pecan Sandies, or something homemade.

Practice setting up your tend in the back yard. Setting one up for the first time can be frustrating. Look like you know what you are doing when you get to the camp site.

HIking is a great thing to do during the day, but don't make it a death march. Find a nice, reasonable hike, maybe three or so miles long, and bring a lunch and water. Be a hero and pull out a couple of Snickers Bars at the halfway point.

If you both like it, bring a frisbee, football, horseshoes, etc. Cards are good too, if you know any games. Or bring a board game. Its fun to play a game at a camp table outside. Makes it an all new experience.

If you have a GPS, or a phone with a GPS in it, go to Geocaching.com and find a few caches in the area. Trust me, you'll love it. Look for actual caches, and stay away from virtual, or micro caches. The cache pages usually say what kind of cache they are.

Above all, enjoy the trip, relax and have a good time.

Have a really good campfire at night. Bring lots of dry wood. Don't try to find stuff out in the woods while you are there. Bring dry, seasoned wood. A fire is your TV set at night. You'll sit around it, mesmerized for hours while you talk. If you spend the night blowing on it and throwing gas on it, you'll just end up frustrated.

Keep in mind that it may be against the law to bring firewood from your home to your campsite.

http://www.nps.gov/grsm/planyourvisit/firewood-alert.htm

http://www.tn.gov/agriculture/regulatory/tcd.shtml

http://www.tn.gov/agriculture/publications/regulatory/tcd_map.pdf

That said, hiking, fishing (license req'd), swimming, hot dogs over the fire, smores, books, ...