I pose this question...

No way in **** should people, who are here ILLEGALY, be afforded the same rights as those who chose the right path!!!

So you don't believe in inalienable rights, but instead believe our rights are granted by the government.

OK.

Edited by crimsonaudio

If we afford "rights" to every Joe that comes here illegally ...who will ever do the "right" thing? Who will take the time and effort to become legal citizens of this great country? Those folks who choose not to become "legal" in this country, most likely have something they want to hide.

Sorry if I offended anyone....It's just I have no use for people who can't, won't or refuse to "play by the rules" of this great country....plain and simple!

Dave

Guest adamoxtwo

If you are here legally and can pay taxes then you should be afforded every right as a tax payer....to include carrying a firearm. Just about everyone on this forum came from immigrants. that's my take on the situation.

If we afford "rights" to every Joe that comes here illegally ...who will ever do the "right" thing? Who will take the time and effort to become legal citizens of this great country? Those folks who choose not to become "legal" in this country, most likely have something they want to hide.

Sorry if I offended anyone....It's just I have no use for people who can't, won't or refuse to "play by the rules" of this great country....plain and simple!

Dave

I don't think anyone's offended, it's just this is a black-and-white issue - either rights are inalienable or they aren't. If you start deciding who has 'God-given rights' and who doesn't, then they aren't bestowed by our creator at all, they're simply privileges or allowances granted us by our government.

It's really that simple.

I believe certain rights are inalienable - they are bestowed upon us as humans. You feel they are granted by our government.

• Like 1

If you are here legally and can pay taxes then you should be afforded every right as a tax payer....to include carrying a firearm. Just about everyone on this forum came from immigrants. that's my take on the situation.

What is with all this "tax payer" crap? Income taxes, again?

You can be a perfectly legitimate member of society, even work a full time job, and legally not owe a dime of of income tax, yet still be able to afford a handgun and the HCP course/permit.

There are other situations where folks who lose money in investments and whatnot may not owe any income taxes either.

Hell, as a retired person, with the crummy interest rates, I'm getting closer each year to not owing any myself.

Folks like us shouldn't have right to carry a firearm in this state? Perhaps we should count as 3/5 of a person as in our nation's past, and have 3/5 of a person's rights? Perhaps only land owning income tax payers should vote. And own slaves.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Guest adamoxtwo

Oh my god Mr Knowitall is back!!! OK go back and reread what I wrote again. I said CAN pay taxes....not DO pay taxes which is a huge difference. If you CAN that implies that you are here legally and under the jurisdiction of the United States of America. If you want I can dumb it down since apparently you are not smart enough to read correctly. IF you want to argue go find a wife. If you have anything intelligent to contribute then by all means give it a go....I doubt it but give it a go.

Oh my god Mr Knowitall is back!!! OK go back and reread what I wrote again. I said CAN pay taxes....not DO pay taxes which is a huge difference. If you CAN that implies that you are here legally and under the jurisdiction of the United States of America. If you want I can dumb it down since apparently you are not smart enough to read correctly. IF you want to argue go find a wife. If you have anything intelligent to contribute then by all means give it a go....I doubt it but give it a go.

I'll not reciprocate with the ad hominem denigration, but will mention that any number of illegals have SSN's and both CAN and DO pay income taxes, if that is the only test. And of course they do pay any number of other types of taxes, too, and since you said only "can pay taxes", that should also qualify.

Though as Crimson posits, you must actually believe that illegal aliens have no inalienable rights at all; in which case it should be perfectly legal to just shoot them, eh?

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Guest adamoxtwo

I'll not reciprocate with the ad hominem denigration, but will mention that any number of illegals have SSN's and both CAN and DO pay income taxes, if that is the only test. And of course they do pay any number of other types of taxes, too, and since you said only "can pay taxes", that should also qualify.

Though as Crimson posits, you must actually believe that illegal aliens have no inalienable rights at all; in which case it should be perfectly legal to just shoot them, eh?

- OS

You are a bitter old man who has nothing better to do then hear yourself talk. If you are under the jurisdiction of the United States of America and are able to pay taxes then yes you should be allowed to qualify in my opinion. You don't have to agree with it or like it. You also have the right to be an argumentative prick. But don't get mad when someone corrects you on your ignorant remarks.

Guest adamoxtwo

And before you start using words you don't know the meaning of "ad hominem denigration" you might want to make sure that you are using them in the proper context......

You are a bitter old man who has nothing better to do then hear yourself talk. ... You also have the right to be an argumentative prick. But don't get mad when someone corrects you on your ignorant remarks.

And before you start using words you don't know the meaning of "ad hominem denigration" you might want to make sure that you are using them in the proper context......

The phrase is absolutely and perfectly descriptive of your responses. Even Will Rogers would have changed his opinion.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Guest adamoxtwo

The phrase is absolutely and perfectly descriptive of your responses. Even Will Rogers would have changed his opinion.

- OS

Yes sir what ever you say sir. I will default to you wisdom form here on out...... :shake:

Guest pfries

A quote for ref.

There are never enough data to enable one to prove an unpopular historical thesis. An establishment, having anchored its line, predictably vilifies a rival and subjects those involved to ridicule and ultimately to personal detraction and traducement which goes far beyond that. This ad hominem denigration is expected to transfer to their intellectual product. And no matter what the latter put on the record, the former insist that it is not enough 'proof,' regardless of how flimsy or unconvincing was the 'proof' used to create the establishment position.--James J. Martin, Pearl Harbor: Antecedents, Background, and Consequences.

— adj , — adv

1. directed against a person rather than against his arguments

2.based on or appealing to emotion rather than reason

Just saying

Edited by pfries

You are a bitter old man who has nothing better to do then hear yourself talk. If you are under the jurisdiction of the United States of America and are able to pay taxes then yes you should be allowed to qualify in my opinion. You don't have to agree with it or like it. You also have the right to be an argumentative prick. But don't get mad when someone corrects you on your ignorant remarks.

Tad uncalled for fellow. OS and I see a lot of things differently but personal attacks are juvenile and uncalled for. Attack the argument not the person.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2
Guest pfries

So out of curiosity what were you getting as feedback on the other forum? Especially as the overwhelming majority here agree to the yes factor?

I agree....Resident Aliens should have the same rights of gun ownership and carry privileges as US citizens. My Ball and Chain of almost 30 years, and also a Permanent Resident Alien, would agree even if she doesn't exercise that privilege.

The other board, ARFCOM, has turned into a bunch of head strong jerks in the last few years. Not all of them are like that but their population of members has grown and changed the feel of the board in the last five years. It used to be a great board then it seemed like a lot of immature posters flooded it. After that it seems like it has turned into a group competing for the prize of who has the biggest "member". And along with that they think they need to be argumentative, overbearing and arrogant.

ARCOM's demise has occurred mostly since the "tactical" craze took off. Some members feel they need to spend thousands of dollars on their AR or they are not a true "operator". Then they make sure to let everyone know if it isn't Larue this or Daniel Defense that, then it is junk.

The sight is a great sight but if you post anything and you have less than 1,000 posts be prepared to be belittled. And if you must go there stay out of general, it is the worst. But all of the weapons sections are pretty good and most people there are decent. I was very actve on there, like here, but I let mymembership lapse and rarely go there anymore because I don't want the arguments of grammar or the clip vs. magazine diatribes.

Dolomite

By making it personal and getting angry, you just lost the argument.

Edited by DaddyO