Man shoots self in face at Coal Creek Armory

This is really interesting. I love the rumor mill surrounding this as well.

Here's my rumor mill from a reliable source.

Apparently the guy went in and rented a firearm. He got the box of ammo and went inside the range and then blam to the face. However, he's still alive and because of that, it's being investigated as a crime. In the person who reported this to me beliefs, if it was suicide that went wrong.

Next, we should hear about how he aimed at the target and the bullet went down range and came back and hit him in the face.

Edited by wcsc12
Guest twpayne75

I am shocked he is still alive. According to the article it was a .44 (did not specify magnum or special).

Guess somebody was using the .50AE.

I am shocked he is still alive. According to the article it was a .44 (did not specify magnum or special).

Either way I suppose he doesn't have much of a face left.

Really tragic.

Edited by Garufa
Guest bkelm18

I'm guessing he was doing the barrel under the chin method and angled it too far out, missing the cranium. Only way I can think you'd survive a .44 to the head.

Just to spark a conversation.... I am assuming they saw the video where the guy was clearly attempting suicide. My thoughts would be for the hospital to stop care and let him have his way. Now I am also assuming he has family that would say otherwise and want to keep him alive. I would also want them treated if it was my family. Just for conversation's sake say this guy doesn't have any family. That wouldn't be a bad policy in my mind.

Guest bkelm18

Just to spark a conversation.... I am assuming they saw the video where the guy was clearly attempting suicide. My thoughts would be for the hospital to stop care and let him have his way. Now I am also assuming he has family that would say otherwise and want to keep him alive. I would also want them treated if it was my family. Just for conversation's sake say this guy doesn't have any family. That wouldn't be a bad policy in my mind.

I'd imagine that would open themselves up to all kinds of litigation. Plus I can't imagine there are too many healthcare professionals that are ok with simply letting someone die if it were preventable.

Plus I can't imagine there are too many healthcare professionals that are ok with simply letting someone die if it were preventable.

This.

I stood guard in the ER on a guy that had just shot two of my fellow Officers and had then by shot. The nurses were in tears and told me that they would like to let him die, but they couldn’t. I told them we understand. They saved him. It was as emotional and draining on the ER staff as it was for us.

Well the article says he fired a few shots at the target before turning it on himself. Doesn't sound like he was totally committed. I have never been in that position though so who knows what he was thinking. Hard for me to imagine getting that down....

Suicide is for quitters, that's why most of us will never be faced with the problem.

• Like 1

By law they cant stop treatment..the docs take an oath to try to save a life

This. Medical professionals have a legal and ethical obligation to use all available means to save the patient unless the patient has a DNR order or refuses care. To refuse care, the patient must be in the right mental state to rationally make such a decision, which is not legally the case in attempted suicides. At that point, the law presumes that you are mentally incapacitated and unable to make decisions for yourself. If you are in a coma or unconscious, consent is assumed unless someone can present a DNR and/or living will. Family can agree to give you treatment, but can't necessary refuse treatment on your behalf unless they possess a DNR/living will or have been given guardianship by a court, which is common when a patient is in a vegetative state or has a terminal illness where loss of mental ability is likely such as cancer or Alzheimer's. If a medical profession fails to give all possible care, they can face criminal and civil penalties and will likely lose their license to practice medicine.

This.

I stood guard in the ER on a guy that had just shot two of my fellow Officers and had then by shot. The nurses were in tears and told me that they would like to let him die, but they couldn’t. I told them we understand. They saved him. It was as emotional and draining on the ER staff as it was for us.

That would definitely be a tough one to swallow for me.