Not Too Bright

Watching the Nashville news this morning and evidently a couple of guys walked into a Nashville theater open carrying. Scared people and the cops were called.

From what they reported, they had handgun carry permits and the police told the OCers the theater was posted and to take their weapons to their vehicles. They did and the movie resumed.

I'm not going to argue the merits of OC vs. CCW but, not to bright to OC in a movie theater right after the Aurora tragedy, and it was posted too boot.

Edited by Dennis1209
  • Like 1

Devotees of Lenoard Embody perhaps? But total idiots nonetheless. There is a time and place for open carry. A posted theater...after a highly polarizing shooting... is neither. :squint:

Edited by hipower
  • Like 1

Hitler tried to clean up the gene pool. Pissed some folks off in the process :)

Yeah but I think that was mostly by murdering people after the birth process...maybe gene manipulation would not bother people as much.

Then again; we would still have that "free will" problem and a little thing called "evil" in the world; I don't there there is a gene for "evil". ;)

Kind of nice to hear they were just asked to stow their guns.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Yea, at least we didn't get any case law out of it. I have told store managers in the past that have a gun buster that it does not make anyone safer if I disarm, stow my gun in my car where it might be stolen just to visit their store.

The Gun Busters I have seen in theaters have been around the ticket sales window, not at the door. Sometimes they don't even open the ticket window and have you come inside to concessions to buy the ticket by-passing the gun buster as it is not at the door. (at least in Oak Ridge). Gun Busters if they are the law of the land should be of a certain size/color and be required to be on the door. One should not have to examine the entire building playing hide and seek looking for them. However I think they should just hang up a criminal buster instead as that will certainly keep the crime down in their eyes. Signs don't stop criminals.

Edited by vontar
  • Like 1

Just think they could have warded off another mass shooting by showing up with their guns exposed. I have read many postings on different forums that had the movie goers been allowed to carry that the shooter in Aurora would have thought twice about doing what he did. Who knows maybe there was another wacko waiting outside this theatre who had second thoughts when he saw them with their guns on their hips.

Those of you who think there should be some kind of psych evaluation as part of the permit application - are you sure that you would pass it?

Do you want the gubmit setting those kind of parameters and deciding whether or not you are psychologically fit to be able to carry a weapon?

I don't.

Edited by DaddyO