"Breaking Bad"

Perhaps they all survive, possibly even Gomez but are captured by the mafia guys. Then it plays out like Viscero says. In the end, Walt is dead and Hank can't bring himself to turn in the rest of his family and is just happy to see the end of Heisenberg.

That leaves Gomez hanging out though so I think he won't make it. The money may or not make it either but they have the car-wash. I can imagine them showing the lottery ticket blowing down the road as a final tease that there's all that money still out there somewhere.

Edited by tnguy

Any thoughts on the reason behind Walt leaving Gray Matter? The obvious one is that his girlfriend ran off with the other guy but I think that's a little bit too obvious, especially considering the way she spoke about it. Could the bit where they run through the constituents of a human body actually have deeper significance?

Edited by tnguy
Guest ThePunisher

Hah. I like that one. I don't think it quite ties in with what we've seen (you have to claim within 90 days or something?) but that would be a riot.

With the Powerball and Megamillions, you've got 180 days to claim prize.

Any thoughts on the reason behind Walt leaving Gray Matter? The obvious one is that his girlfriend ran off with the other guy but I think that's a little bit too obvious, especially considering the way she spoke about it. Could the bit where they run through the constituents of a human body actually have deeper significance?

I wonder that too.  I've thought Walt left her by the way they interact but I don't know.  I feel Walt thought the company wasn't going anywhere so he left Grey Matter and her, so she ended up with the geek dude. 

Your thought on it is more logical with the information we have.

But he left kind-of suddenly. I'll see if I can dig up the text. Though I wouldn't necessarily put it beyond him to leave precipitously. He also didn't want to discuss the reasons with Jessie. Could he have killed a lab partner somehow and that's why he's so protective of Jessie? There's not much to hint at that though.

Guest TankerHC

OK, what do you all get out of this? There is supposed to be a clue in the poem as to what happens in the next episode. Also the Granite reference is supposed to reference something in the September 25th Episode that has to do with Walts connection to New Hampshire. 

http://youtu.be/zRTSxJwq5dA

I think Hank, Walt and Jesse may not die. They are all three in the finale. (Which the title is not Felina as claimed)

Shots from the finale during filming.

Purported season finale filming shot. Hank, clearly not dead or in the desert.

breaking-bad-season-6-production-photo-1

Why is Saul standing in the Desert? Did he come to Hank, Jesse and Walts rescue?

thumbs_breaking-bad-season-6-production-

Why is Hank in a suit in a supposed finale shot? Court? 

In this supposed finale shot, is Jesse sitting back in a courtroom, or Hanks office?

Why isnt Gomez in ANY of the finale filming shots?

There is also supposed to be a BB featurette on the filming of the final episode and everyone is in it, including Marie and Skyler, everyone except Gomez and Lydia. RUMOR: Lydia and Gomez dont make it past next episode. .

Edited by TankerHC

I had gotten behind and have been avoiding this thread like the plague. All caught up now.

AWESOME!!!!

Confession was fantastic.

Watched an sort of round table thing last night with the cast. Skyler might not be a total dumba___, but Anna Gunn is. She was talking about the humor in the show, the rest of the cast was sitting there looking at her like she was a moron. There is humor, very little. Mostly with Saul,

Marie just needs to shut up.

I'm with Anna Gunn in this one. There's hardly an episode that goes by that I'm not left laughing at something. It's not the ha-ha kind of funny, but the "holy crap! I can't believe they actually pulled that off/it blew up in such spectacular fashion/ or I DID NOT see that coming and it's hilarious! 'Confession' is a great example. I was rolling when I saw Hank and Marie looking totally dumbstruck as they watched the video. Fantastic stuff. Saul's always good for a laugh in the ha-ha kind of way.

+1 bazillion on your second thought.

Still too early to figure out what's going to go down, but my prediction is that Gomie's a goner. Hank's phone call to Marie was meant to be a 'last call' but it was obviously so. Is that because it's the end of Hank so they're sending him off with that, or is it just to throw us off the scent? Nothing else in this series has been what it seems.

The only way the shootout with federal agents is ending is for Hank and Gomie to die or surrender. If they surrender, not sure why the skinheads would let them live. What would be their angle for keeping Gomie and/or Hank alive? The only angle I can come up with is that Walt intervenes saving Hank's life or else he won't cook. Once the cooking's done, Walt has to have a way out that gets him and either Jesse or Hank or both out of there. At the start of season 5 I thought the pig was for the DEA. Now I'm more convinced it's for Frank, Todd, and the boys. The poison is for Lydia. It's going to go in her tea. Walt's realizing that while he may have left the business, he left a business that's functional. He has to wrap that up. Taking out Todd, the skinheads,and Lydia does that.

The next episode is called 'Ozymandias' which is a poem from Percy Shelley:

I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed:
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Edited by monkeylizard
Guest TankerHC

This "no spoilers" thing is killing me too. I agree, if you aren't caught up you shouldn't be reading threads about the show on the Internet.

Despite the minibike incident, I'm liking the new kid in the crew. He has a good work ethic. Walt seems to like him too.

I hope he gets whacked. First off, everyone in the show, I mean everyone, are at least a little intelligent. Walt and Gustavo seeming to be the two most intelligent, but Walt being slightly more intelligent obviously. Even Tuco was kinda smart, built an Empire himself. Just not as smart as Walt. (Being not as smart as Walt seems to always get you dead). But here we have this childish moron, How that moron survived a single episode is unreal. 

Here is what I want to see Sunday.

Hank, the man who has been shot, bombed, had an assassination attempt on his life, gunfights with hitmen and Tuco, panic attacks, got removed from his position and is a very angry man, pushes his way through a hail of bullets, as he moves near invincibly through the hail of gunfire his target is one and only one, Todd Alquist. As Hank approaches Todd, unbeknownst to Hank, Walt Jr, had been hitchhiking and the hit team gave him a ride. Walt, screaming in the background, handcuffed in his seat, for Hank to save Walt Jr "from being tortured by these drug dealers", knows just what to do, upon reaching the car Todd is standing on, (through the hail of gunfire), Hank, with all his strength, to save Walt jr, with each hand, simultaneously rips Walt Jr and Todds head right off their shoulders. The Hit team, seeing the anger of Hank, who is now staring at them, with Walt Jr's head in one hand and Todd's head in the other, load up and drive off. 

The End.

in next weeks episode we get back to the previous episode, the one before Hank rips two heads off with his bare hands, saves the day and gets the series back on track. 

I should probably be a script writer, I could save a series or two from cancellation with my ideas. 

For example "The Zombrano's" Mafia Zombies. Since Tony's crew was almost entirely whacked, we bring them back from the dead. Nothing badder than a walking dead Mafioso Hitman (Or Hit Zombie as it were). 

Edited by TankerHC

I hope he gets whacked. First off, everyone in the show, I mean everyone, are at least a little intelligent. Walt and Gustavo seeming to be the two most intelligent, but Walt being slightly more intelligent obviously. Even Tuco was kinda smart, built an Empire himself. Just not as smart as Walt. (Being not as smart as Walt seems to always get you dead). But here we have this childish moron, How that moron survived a single episode is unreal. 

Even though the quote from post about was a year ago, I still like him. He knew exactly what mistakes he'd made during the cook that ruined the color and will get better, if he survives. If he'd spent as much time with Walt as Jesse did, I bet he'd be way better. Plus, he's not as fragile as Jesse. Still, I can see how someone might not like him.

His character reminds me of his role on Friday Night Lights...geeky, shy, smart, etc.
Guest TankerHC

Even though the quote from post about was a year ago, I still like him. He knew exactly what mistakes he'd made during the cook that ruined the color and will get better, if he survives. If he'd spent as much time with Walt as Jesse did, I bet he'd be way better. Plus, he's not as fragile as Jesse. Still, I can see how someone might not like him.

His character reminds me of his role on Friday Night Lights...geeky, shy, smart, etc.

Yea, thing is, this series keeps referencing old episodes. This is the best TIE IN series I have ever seen. Dont know whats happening next, but when it does, we know why. Even if it happened three years ago. Not sure if you are caught up or still watching to catch up, but Jesse's misery turned to anger, he did a turnaround. What he did to Walt was a bold move and Walt fell for it. Maybe, wont know until Sunday. 

"My name is Heisenberg , king of kings, look on my works you mighty and despair"

I think it's the rise of Heisenberg. I think Gomey dies, which gives Hank and kind of 'way out' cause no other DEA are involved. I think the shooting stops and Hank emerges from the SUV and takes control as old Heisenberg would have.
Guest Riciticky

Yea, thing is, this series keeps referencing old episodes. This is the best TIE IN series I have ever seen. Dont know whats happening next, but when it does, we know why. Even if it happened three years ago. Not sure if you are caught up or still watching to catch up, but Jesse's misery turned to anger, he did a turnaround. What he did to Walt was a bold move and Walt fell for it. Maybe, wont know until Sunday. 

Yes this part about referencing old episodes is great. If you haven't watched them all, you have no idea what is going on. I just watched the latest last night. I don't know what will happen tomorrow night but I am sure it will be good. In addition, I saw a post where Jessie was the smart guy who lured Walt to the money. I think it was Hank who did this with Jessie's help. I am gonna really miss this show when it is over.

I couldn't agree more. I love the way things keep coming back around.

Jesse's emotions have been changing a lot, but then again that's what the show's about...change. He's been through every emotion I can think of and each mood he's feeling overwhelms him. That's the weakness in his character...no control of ANY of his emotions.
Guest TankerHC

Get this. Last night I was reading an article with an interview from the female director of last Sundays episode. What is now considered (Of course arguably) the greatest single episode of any TV series of all time. 

When asked what made it so special, she said it was because Gilligan copies Sergio Leone's style of filming. Everything has to take time. Thats why Walt was behind the rocks instead of just walking right out, he had to go through half a dozen different emotions before coming to the conclusion that it was up. He had to walk slowly towards Hank so we could see his failure. There had to be far shots and close ups of each character filmed at different speeds, each character had to show different emotion with what they were facing.

Like Sergio Leone, every scene is shot in wide format from multiple camera angels at different speeds to delineate emotions from each character before the bullets start flying.

Did that gunfight look familiar?

Its every Gunfight, in every Spaghetti western, Clint Eastwood, Eli Wallach and Lee Van Cleef have ever been in. 

Is that great or what?

Get this. Last night I was reading an article with an interview from the female director of last Sundays episode. What is now considered (Of course arguably) the greatest single episode of any TV series of all time. 

When asked what made it so special, she said it was because Gilligan copies Sergio Leone's style of filming. Everything has to take time. Thats why Walt was behind the rocks instead of just walking right out, he had to go through half a dozen different emotions before coming to the conclusion that it was up. He had to walk slowly towards Hank so we could see his failure. There had to be far shots and close ups of each character filmed at different speeds, each character had to show different emotion with what they were facing.

Like Sergio Leone, every scene is shot in wide format from multiple camera angels at different speeds to delineate emotions from each character before the bullets start flying.

Did that gunfight look familiar?

Its every Gunfight, in every Spaghetti western, Clint Eastwood, Eli Wallach and Lee Van Cleef have ever been in. 

Is that great or what?

i disagree.  The gunfight was a farce.  that many bullets shot at close distance and no one was hit.  I ain't buying it.  the man with no name did not miss like the Meth Mafia did.

Guest TankerHC

i disagree.  The gunfight was a farce.  that many bullets shot at close distance and no one was hit.  I ain't buying it.  the man with no name did not miss like the Meth Mafia did.

We dont know if they missed....yet. According to the director what we saw was a condensed version of closeup/long shot, slow motion...the reason for the different camera filming speed which we will see next episode.

I dont think Hank will die. The reason being that in a season 3 interview Bryan Cranston (I almost typed Walter White) said he doesn't read the scripts too far ahead, but they have all been written and he wants to keep the character fresh. Then he said "but I do know Walt is going out with a bang when he decides, after his cancer comes back that he is not going out that way", said he didnt know how Walt was going out with a bang, but he definitely was. Then i a season 4 interview, the decision had not been made to split season 5 into 5 and 6 yet when he did another interview. In that interview he said the same thing. Then he did an interview with Jay Leno last season, in the season 4 interview and the Jay Leno interview he was asked the same question. Whats in store for the cast after the series ends, how are you going to top it, if you can?". SUPPOSEDLY he said in both cases that "I am going to work on a movie offer I received and do some stage work, then went on to say that we would probably be seeing Hank again, that Dean Norris was a great actor and Gilligan wanted to use him again". And again "Supposedly" the season 4 interview where he said it was not aired and the Leno interview was aired, but after he said that he was going to do some stage work, it was edited not to say that we would be seeing Hank again.

I looked at the Leno interview on the Roku last night, the editors must be magicians because I can see where he says he is going to do stage work, but see no indication of him saying "We will be seeing Hank again".