2012 NCAA Football Thread

Il Duce

[quote name='Mike.357' timestamp='1352601507' post='843501']
Good God, , the SEC is not the only conference that plays football.

And with Bama losing I am reminded of this.

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."

BTW did they not lose to a conference opponent?

And how do you root for a conference? I hate all the teams my team tries to beat. Nowhere but the SEC does this love fest happen.
[/quote]

THANK YOU! Eff all other teams in the SEC.
[quote name='Mike.357' timestamp='1352601507' post='843501']
Good God, , the SEC is not the only conference that plays football.

And with Bama losing I am reminded of this.

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."

BTW did they not lose to a conference opponent?

And how do you root for a conference? I hate all the teams my team tries to beat. Nowhere but the SEC does this love fest happen.
[/quote]

I know it's probably been a while since your team has won, but do you know how much $$$ the entire conference makes off a championship? I think Auburn got $20m+ in 2010. It may not be that much, but you get the idea... I hate Bama, but I'll take a piece of the pie.

[quote name='gregintenn' timestamp='1352609084' post='843586']
Can the Commodores get a little respect now? That was a helluva a game tonight!!! :up:
[/quote]

Vandy has beat Auburn, Kentucky, Ole Miss, and umm, you know, Missouri. [i]At[/i] Missouri, no less.

So I imagine they're pretty much up for the little annual intrastate scrimmage in Nashville next Sat.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
[quote name='Mike.357' timestamp='1352607672' post='843576']
what does the piece of pie buy you? Do you get some in your pocket?

And what did all the money do for Auburn? 20 million, not that much? oof

I gotta check my mailbox, maybe ND sent me a check.
[/quote]

That money goes to improving facilities and athletics in Auburn, greater athletics mean more students, more students mean more people looking for rental housing, which guess what...means more money in my pocket. Not only does it mean more money in my pocket, but nicer facilities for me to watch my losing Tigers...
[quote name='AU_88' timestamp='1352604800' post='843543']
I know it's probably been a while since your team has won, but do you know how much $$$ the entire conference makes off a championship? I think Auburn got $20m+ in 2010. It may not be that much, but you get the idea... I hate Bama, but I'll take a piece of the pie.
[/quote]

Auburn got $20m+ in 2010 but they had to pay Cam Newton 34% of it as part of his pay for play deal.
[quote name='Lumber_Jack' timestamp='1352671886' post='843915']
Lots of reports saying Dooley is gone from UT. No official announcement until after Kentucky game. We'll se what actually comes to fruition.
[/quote]

I got a source. It's unofficially official.
[quote name='EB-SF' timestamp='1352683604' post='844047']

Auburn got $20m+ in 2010 but they had to pay Cam Newton 34% of it as part of his pay for play deal.
[/quote]

Obviously it was worth it... Look at how much he single handedly brought into the economy of that small Alabama town.

[quote name='gregintenn' timestamp='1353212573' post='847449']
Can I get a big ANCHOR DOWN!!! for those Dores??!!!?? :no1:
[/quote]

Did I call it or what?

Hell, they failed 3 or 4 times in the red zone and had two touchdowns called back. Could have scored like 80 or something if they had clicked just a hair better.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
  • Like 1
[quote name='crimsonaudio' timestamp='1353216492' post='847485']
If Bama wins out, and USC beats ND...

Another SEC vs SEC BCSCG?

Hahahaha
[/quote]Roll Tide!!!
Actually if ND were to loose things would get crazy. I actually think it may be a AL or GA vs a one lose ND. I have a really bad feeling about Playing GA in Atlanta for the SEC.