Springfield XDS

tyrantrave

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sumner Gun & Supply in Gallatin had one, last time I was in.

I shot one of their's, this afternoon. Rental.

I didn't notice if they had one behind the glass.

Blue line has one. I'd call first though.

112 S Water Ave

Gallatin, TN 37066-3263

//(615) 230-6049

Edited by Razz

I had a chance to handle one yesterday. I liked it. Figured it being a Springfield the bore axis height might be excessive, but not the case.

Ambi mag release was such I could almost use either side.

I think I would rather XS Dot night sights as opposed to the light pipe.

I thought the trigger on the one I handled better than what I thought it wold be based on some of the reviews.

I don't have a .45, this may be my first.

The dual tone at Gander was $650 so I passed on that price until I can find one on Buds which should happen in a few months.

There are plenty on GB now so the pipeline seems to be full.

I had a chance to handle one yesterday. I liked it. Figured it being a Springfield the bore axis height might be excessive, but not the case.

Ambi mag release was such I could almost use either side.

I think I would rather XS Dot night sights as opposed to the light pipe.

I thought the trigger on the one I handled better than what I thought it wold be based on some of the reviews.

I don't have a .45, this may be my first.

The dual tone at Gander was $650 so I passed on that price until I can find one on Buds which should happen in a few months.

There are plenty on GB now so the pipeline seems to be full.

Funny thing about Buds this time is that they're actually wanting $670 last I looked for the bitone XDS.

XDS is going to have to wait until the prices "get real". I'm not paying over MSRP.

If you look on Gunbroker there are quite a few so that's a good sign.

Hopefully Benton's will get some soon too. They usually price them like they want to sell them.

How did you like shooting it?

I liked it a lot. Very accurate at 7 yards. Keep in mind, I am a new shooter so I can't really offer much of an objective opinion. I am shopping for a 9mm but I don't think I want to pay as much as these run. If I can find a PPQ for around $500' that'll be my next weapon.

Direct hit in south jackson had two today. A two tone and a blue at $519 and 549. Don't quote the price don't remember exactly. But they felt good in my hand. I am an xd guy tho.

JTM

Sent from my iPhone

I believethe Bitone is more than $519.00. The all blue was $549.00 when I bought mine.

• 1 month later...

Sportsman Warehouse had two on Monday. I wanted to buy one at the decent price of $515.

This was 10 AM. They said they wouldn't have them checked in until 3 PM.

They wouldn't hold it for 72 hours. I had to push on to Alabama and couldn't get back for a couple days. Called Wednesday morning and they were both sold.

Called Benton's since I was kind of in the area. They had a duo-tone for 595. I don't want a duo.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Highlander

I picked up my XDs about a month ago, literally as my local pusher was opening the box. Only got to shoot it a couple of days ago because of travel and other reasons. It is essentially the same size as my EMP 9mm overall, though a bit shorter in the grip. Very good ergonomically, I have smallish hands and it feels great. Points to my natural point of aim. I like fiber-optics and have them on all my competition Glocks, but I prefer a night sight on a ccw gun, and this one will probably get a Tru-Glo TFO soon.

Shot at about 7 yards, decent group with inexpensive ammo, nearly the same poi with Hornady Critical Defense loads, which is a nice plus. Recoil is well-managed, it is a .45.

Pocket carrying is not a problem in my everyday cargo shorts. Great BUG, nice to have a .45 for a backup! Will be a good primary for summer too.

I guess this was an impulse item for me. I have sort of lost my zeal for one of these. I have a number of handguns that will get the job done that mostly fit the niche the XDs occupies. No way I'm going to pocket carry it...too heavy so if I am going to IWB or OWB I may as well carry my S&W M&P .40c with 4 more rounds and about the same weight.

Or a .357 Magnum (M&P340) revolver in my pocket with only one less round and cut the weight in half.

I am still interested in the Shield single stack 9mm though. Don't know why?

I picked up one last week. I just got out yesterday to shoot it. Put 100 rounds through it and it's great, my friend who is a new shooter shot really well with the gun. It was the first time he had shot anything bigger than a 9mm. The recoil isn't nothing, some people at other places have complained that this gun isn't usefull. I find that hard to believe, I needed something really small to conceal carry and I really didn't want to pocket carry a 380. The pocket 9mms are all to big for my pockets. I am going to be carrying this in a crossbreed minituck. I have a full size M&P 9mm and that gun has served me well but I wanted something in a bigger caliber and with this thing being pretty much the same size as the shield it was a no brainer to me.

Guest The Highlander

This gun is a piece of cake to pocket carry in cargo shorts. It isn't that heavy, I typically carry an XDm .45, SIG 220, Commander 1911 so I may be a little jaded though. Like the Nano and PPS, it is very thin. Nothing to catch on, great carry piece with 6 rounds in the gun and a 5- or 7- rounder on the belt.