Judge wants to raise property taxes to arm cops aganist un troops

One of the comments had me in stitches.

That kind of paltry tax increase isn't going to protect Lubbock. This isn't 1861. The UN is going to be sending in squadrons of predator drones. This will cost Lubbock billions, and they'd better start getting ready TODAY. And they're going to need a lot of sandbags. And tin foil.
  • Like 1
Guest vca2004
:screwy: Well that judge needs a sanity check just for that comment! Really don't think he should continue to be a judge anymore... Edited by vca2004

What an idiot. We don’t have to have a civil war to get rid of Obama. We will have a vote on November 6th. If he is reelected it’s because that’s what the people want.

The other thing the people want is higher taxes. Every time a manufacturing plant closes or moves away from our borders the tax payers will get the bill for the tax money that the company and its employees was paying.

I happened to read this article this mornin myself before i logged on to TGO. Ya gotta hand it to this ole boy; he may be a real polititian because he is over the top with his comments and has a novel way of askin for the authority to raise taxes. He may be ethically bankrupt (....most all polititians are anymore....), but he has got real over the top style. I think his thinkin this up and tappin into local sentiment RE: this issue is great.

I wouldnt make anymore out of this than a novel attempt at increasing tax rates. Always remember, Texas is a sister state to Tennessee. A while ago Tennesseeans walked a long way for the chance to shoot at the poor mexicans. Link here: http://www.tnhistoryforkids.org/stories/volunteer_state ... This guy could be kin to some of us up here. Think about it!!!

leroy

They talked about this briefly yesterday afternoon on NPR when I was on my way home from work. Someone is wearing a tin foil hat. I am glad to see that some Texans don't like Obama either, though.

Edited by nysos
Guest 270win

This guy is probably not what we think of in TN as a judge. A county judge in Texas or Arkansas is someone who is basically the head of county govt, similar to someone in TN who is over the county commission and called county mayor.

I happened to read this article this mornin myself before i logged on to TGO. Ya gotta hand it to this ole boy; he may be a real polititian because he is over the top with his comments and has a novel way of askin for the authority to raise taxes. He may be ethically bankrupt (....most all polititians are anymore....), but he has got real over the top style. I think his thinkin this up and tappin into local sentiment RE: this issue is great.

I wouldnt make anymore out of this than a novel attempt at increasing tax rates. Always remember, Texas is a sister state to Tennessee. A while ago Tennesseeans walked a long way for the chance to shoot at the poor mexicans. Link here: http://www.tnhistory...volunteer_state ... This guy could be kin to some of us up here. Think about it!!!

leroy

It's Texas!

He's entirely liable to get the votes for the taxes he called for. He's probably just verbalized the sentiments of his County.

I wouldn't suggest any force try to invade Texas. It doesn't end well for the invaders.

• Like 1
Guest Lester Weevils

A much better plan would be to offer property tax rebates to any good citizens of Lubbock who buy their own anti-drone missile systems. :-) On the other hand perhaps public financing would be required for more expensive systems such as a modest tactical nuke arsenal for the county sheriff department.