VEEP debate

R_Bert

From Allen West...

Just finished watching the Vice Presidential debate and my one question is, what does Joe Biden find so funny? These are serious times. Just consider the foreclosure situation, unemployment numbers, out-of-control spending and our national security/foreign policy posture. Joe Biden came across as a rude curmudgeon who...

could not defend the failing policies of the Obama administration so he tried to smirk, shout and laugh his way through the debate. Joe Biden truly came across poorly and simply did not instill a sense of American leadership, and certainly not statesmanship. Congrats to my House colleague Rep. Paul Ryan, ya done good!

In my opinion, the best line of the night came from Biden: "I refuse to impose my church's position on others."

If he was indeed a practicing catholic (instead of playing one on TV) -- His position would be that of the church's position.

Instead, he uses MY tax dollars, to pay for abortions....

I'm Pro Life, don't feel my tax dollars should be used to pay for someone else's abortions/mistakes, and feel that abortion is murder. Thankfully, I'm happy to know my Heavenly Father, loves all his little children, and they get to spend eternity with Him.

My favorite analogy to date ...

Bacteria On Mars = Life

Heart Beat = Tissue

• Like 4

If he was indeed a practicing catholic (instead of playing one on TV) -- His position would be that of the church's position.

I'm Pro Life, don't feel my tax dollars should be used to pay for someone else's abortions/mistakes, and feel that abortion is murder. Thankfully, I'm happy to know my Heavenly Father, loves all his little children, and they get to spend eternity with Him.

Bacteria On Mars = Life

Heart Beat = Tissue

Excellent post!
Guest Lester Weevils

Heard about half on the radio while out driving. The last half. There was a finding from a long ago nixon-jfk debate, which was the first pres debate to be live televised nationally. The odd thing was that most people who heard the nixon-jfk debate on the radio believed that nixon won. However the majority of folk who saw the debate on TV concluded that jfk won.

Apparently nixon spoke "More sensible" but on TV nixon looked like a sweating uncomfortable looking troll, wheras on TV jfk looked GOOD.

Perhaps the extra data from the visual feed is overall beneficial to improve folks judgment. For instance when a politician might say, "I'll never raise taxes" but his body language might be screaming, "I'm lying thru my teeth."

Just sayin, am not disputing what ya'll report re bidens visible mannerisms, but on the radio I couldn't hear him smirking, and got the impression that biden did surprisingly well. Not that I agree with biden, just that he didn't do too bad on the radio. Compounded by ryan saying several things tonite that are seriously annoying and almost worrisome.

Which is to be expected I suppose because ryan just aint a libertarian. He is a social conservative right winger who on the radio tonight sounded uncomfortably similar to rick santorum. Some of the libertarians such as on that satellite radio patriot channel keep hoping that ryan has libertarian attributes because of shared values in fiscal conservatism, but he ain't at all a libertarian and libertarians if they vote for him should just keep both eyes open at the package they are asking for. That is a mistake many voters made on obama, ascribing characteristics to obama that they hoped would turn out true.

But maybe Ryan would do OK. Havent yet found compelling reason not to dislike them all about equally.

Biden is doing well --- he may be lying and misleading but he is aggressive and has not been sticking his foot in his mouth. He even had a couple of good points --- I am 100% behind pulling out and letting the countries deal with their own problems. I would do it today, not in 2 years either. We simply cannot afford military spending abroad to help our enemies to run their countries.

Ryan blew several good chances. Right away he missed his chance to mention that Biden was against the strike on ossama. He missed his chance to give details on 3 different topics, making him look like he did not know or, worse.

At best, its a draw. But to the uninformed voter watching this mess, Biden's "im louder so im right" and general agressive attitude is making him look like he knows what he is talking about better.

The problem with this (Ryan failed to respond to it) is that having a country like Afghanistan or Pakistan where there are a large number of terrorists who hate America is OUR problem not Afghanistan or Pakistan's problem. Sure they can govern themselves but that doesn't help secure us from an external threat that much in the long run.

Bacteria On Mars = Life

Heart Beat = Tissue

I'm sure each of us could quite possibly come up with a lengthy list of issues we'd not like our tax dollars spent on. I'd also suspect, most, if not all, issues on those lists cost us taxpayers far more than abortions. Unfortunately, being citizens of the United States of America, we are forced to pay for things we don't like.

does anyone actually think this debate will effect one vote? ( this is a serious question)

if you were going to vote Obozo could anything Biden did actualy change your mind? ( and vica versa)

These debates are for the valuable "undecided voter" and a game for the rest of us to root for our favorite or to see a potential train wreck.

IMO, Ryan had a good opportunity to suggest some of the cutting he and Mitt will do, or say they'll do. Sen. Tom Coburn of MD has a Pork Report full of gov. waste that he could have rattle off. He may have reframed from mentioning that to keep the MSM from blowing his comments out of proportion.

I favor Ryan anyway and thought he did well for his 1st debate.

Overall Ryan came off as a polite articulate bright fellow, JB was his usually asinine self.

Edited by kieefer

....The odd thing was that most people who heard the nixon-jfk debate on the radio believed that nixon won. However the majority of folk who saw the debate on TV concluded that jfk won....

Very valid analogy, and have heard several commentators opine same re last night's debate.

- OS

does anyone actually think this debate will effect one vote? ( this is a serious question)

if you were going to vote Obozo could anything Biden did actualy change your mind? ( and vica versa)

I think it does. There are undecided voters out there who just want to be on the "winners team". Whoever gets the unofficial "win" is who they will vote for, because if this person or that person won, then surely he knows what he is talking about.

These are people who just won't take the little bit of time to see who they mist likely align with. The issues are so polar opposite you have to be on one side or the other. If you don't already know, you are just lazy or shallow.

It's kind of like when my son was five and Clinton was running. We asked who he would vote for and he said Clinton because his hair looked nicer. We've got a country full of adult five year olds.

• Like 2

... We asked who he would vote for and he said Clinton because his hair looked nicer. We've got a country full of adult five year olds.

My mom and millions like her voted for Reagan because of King's Row and the like. And didn't vote for JFK because he was Catholic. And won't vote for Mitt because he's Mormon, although to a much lesser extent than usual because his opponent is black. Millions will vote for BHO because he's "cool". Or black. Etc etc.

Even the millions who vote "because of their pocketbook" miss what I consider the main point of this election, which is to stop the complete erosion of individual rights and selective tyranny of BHO's Department of (in)Justice, and the change in SCOTUS that will continue the downward spiral for decades to come.

- OS

I'm with Mike.

I don't honestly see how anyone who watched the debate last night could come away thinking, "man, I'm sure glad Joe Biden is one heartbeat away from the presidency."

I just don't get it.

The tards have big ego's, and think they are much smarter. Biden's obnoxious behavior fits them.

Edited by mikegideon

There was a "third debater"

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t2

Top Ten Worst Lies by Joe Biden in VP Debate

Read more: http://conservativeb.../#ixzz296JucPD7

This is what I find disgusting (on top of Biden's idiotic insinuations that we shouldn't worry about iran having nukes because they don't have a missile to strap them to yet). Over the past few years, these debates have turned into a interrogation session, especially when there is a panel moderating.

That Romney/Obama debate will go down as probably the best debate ever recorded on TV. While the moderator was sort of flimsy on things, he didn't inject his thoughts into the moment, he just let them go at each other like a debate should.

• Admin Team

This is what I find disgusting (on top of Biden's idiotic insinuations that we shouldn't worry about iran having nukes because they don't have a missile to strap them to yet). Over the past few years, these debates have turned into a interrogation session, especially when there is a panel moderating.

It's hard for the democrats to have honest debate about Iran because of the growing thought amongst liberals and which is prevalent at Foggy Bottom that it is only a matter of time until Iran gets a nuke, so we should just accept it. The thought goes along the lines of, "we normalized relations with the Soviets, Chinese, Indians and Pakistanis after they got nukes. Why can't we do the same with Iran?" This is clearly a dangerous thought, and makes the assumption ayatollahs are rational actors.

There's a second thought that I'm hearing a lot of out of academia right now as well that assumes that if America can have nuclear weapons, then anyone else should be entitled to them as well

It's a dangerous world we live in. God may have created all men equal, but it's foolish to assume every man has your best interests at heart.

Yep, they don't get the idea that the theocracy in Iran believes that America is the great satan, and that Allah will protect them from being destroyed in a counter-attack. Unfortunately, that's the glaring difference that's mind-boggling to conceive anyone could miss.

I watched as much of it live as I could stand...I could only watch a few minutes each time before I had to turn it off. Biden showed himself to be exactly what he is, a rude, condescending, angry, out-of-touch, "my s**t don't stink, aging, empty husk of a liberal politician who epitomizes everything that is wrong with Washington politics.

I look at politicians like him and wonder just how incredibly stupid the people are who have been voting for him all these decades.

Ryan didn't mop the floor with him last night but anyone who bothered to watch and who are truly on the fence about who to vote for in November got a pretty good picture of who they have to chose from and the differences are pretty stark.

• Like 1

Personally, I thought Ryan should have been more aggressive by either checking the interruptions, from both of them, more pointedly, or counter the interruptions with jabs of his own. It would have been fun to watch Biden get pissed and have a meltdown on national television.

It may have been better for Ryan to not have interrupted Biden though. As much as Biden's substance is crap, he is a very experienced debater.

With Ryan staying reserved and respectful, it just amplified Biden's obnoxiousness and it also kept Ryan from getting hit too hard by the moderator. Ryan has the numbers in his head, he's basically an accounting nerd walking around D.C. and that's exactly what we need. Once he gets a fraction of the experience Biden has in debating, I believe Ryan will be able to run through anyone with a chainsaw because he already has the facts on his side.

We'll never know what the strategy was though, all we can do is armchair quarterback the situations.