Glock Night Sights

Guest Nunya

Yeah called defoor sights and a quality flashlight or weapon mounted sight. I feel night sights are useless.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I couldn't disagree more. Tritium sights are fool-proof, as long as you swap them before they are depleted.

Flashlights and weapon-mounted lights fail when you need them most. I prefer and use both, but won't count on either.

A good set of night-sights is an absolute necessity for my defense guns. I factor it into my purchase.

Personally, my aging eyes prefer the green/amber or green/orange combinations. The contrast really helps picking up the front sight in quick shoot training, without giving up accuracy at range.

• Like 1

I haven't made my mind up on those Trijicons I put on my G30, yet, but I just don't see much value

over the regular sights in any way I would be having to draw and fire, yet. I have them but the jury

is still out.

I bought an old G19 a couple years ago that had night sights and the guy said they were about

worn out, but they are as bright as mine. I think the package mentioned a ten year warranty on them.

I guess I'll walk around outside tonight and see what they look like.

Trijicons suck donkey balls. I've broken a couple sets of them. One on the notoriously tight XD sight channel and another on a Sig.

Yeah called defoor sights and a quality flashlight or weapon mounted sight. I feel night sights are useless.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Not all low light encounters will be pitch-black dark. In low light they can really make a big difference.

not only that but they are ofter easier to see in daylight too. Especially the TFOs

I picked up some "Ameriglow" with a ghost ring rear, they work well, they have the trijicon stuff in them.

Glow in the dark powder works, but they have to be "charged" before it glows.

Edited by RED333

I like the night sights a little better after my walk in the dark. The yellow front dot showed up well enough to make

it a good pointer, for what that's worth, and, if I stood there long enough to take a fine aim, the greens in the rear

would be okay, but, I look for my sidearm to be a rapid response weapon, so I still rely on point and shoot, especially

in the dark. My eyes are good in the dark. Am I looking at this wrong?

I like the night sights a little better after my walk in the dark. The yellow front dot showed up well enough to make

it a good pointer, for what that's worth, and, if I stood there long enough to take a fine aim, the greens in the rear

would be okay, but, I look for my sidearm to be a rapid response weapon, so I still rely on point and shoot, especially

Try green dot up front and yellow in back. Green is easier to pick up farther aways and the yellows being easier to pick up closer to your eyes. At least thats how the sights tend to work for me. The wife pefers her green front/orange rear......I like the green front/yellow rear or just a 3 dot green for general carry purposes.

TrueGlo TFO's tend to be the way to go but the new Pro I-dot's are very tempting to try on my G19.

I have to agree with Kwe, the green tritium is brighter and works better in a front sight for me.

Guest etnsr9c

I just ordered a set from ICE training, they are made by Ameriglo, and the rear is designed by Rob Pincus. The rear kinda has a hooked front on it so it can be used to run the slide in a emergency, and the front has a large green circle that stands out in lighted areas, and the center has a tritium vial that glows in the dark. I think this is the best of both worlds for daytime and night use. With that said I still carry a flashlight 24/7( I find it is one of the most useful tools I have every carried) and I think that the combo of night sights and a flashlight is the best carry set up you can have.

Well, I feel like a fool in a way, but the

front one is green and the rear two are

the yellows. When I took my holster

off, it glowed real bright at me. "Hey!

Stupid, you color blind?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have installed and used all of the named brand night sights for the glock over the last 25 years. they all will do what they are make to do, show three dots in low light. all major brands are made well and work well. i got some that were put on back in the late 80's and early 90's. they are not as bright, but still work. but the real problem with night sights is when it hit the fan you do have have the time to focus on the dots. you will "point shoot". so for me night sights is not a big deal on any pistol i use on duty and/or buy. but if it makes you feel good buy them. but i would spend the money on ammo.

As usual, great points on all fronts.

A friend of mine had some the other day that were $140 Trijicon Novak's. They were steel white dot sights with small glowing inserts (brighter than the cheaper big dots). Looked like a "can have it all" solution, I just don't see the cost justification.

I think I'll get a dual purpose front sight and forego changing the rear sights.

Already got a (better) flashlight coming to replace my NCstar $20 light. Honestly, with the amount of light the NCstar puts out, I would hesitate to shoot something I could only see any better than that.

--

Update:

I found the sights my buddy had for $70, so I went ahead and ordered them. Even if the glow-in-the-dark part is as useless as frank says, I like the sights better than factory.

Edited by bentonbjones