Chicago's at it again! Morons!!

From the article:

She said 29 percent of the guns used in crimes in Chicago were purchased legally in suburban Cook County.

I can almost guarantee, those "29%", were likely STOLEN (although still purchased legally originally) or from people defending themselves.

guns purchased for $20? wow, people will spin anything to help their cause. It's the guns fault!!! Not the murder and hatred in peoples hearts towards one another. Take away all the guns and they'll have the highest knife/sword/tire iron mortality rate than anywhere else. Do already I'm sure SMH.

They got the idea from Tennessee.

Yep, and in true Cook County style they wanted to up it from .10 a box to a nickel a round.

And I agree with Dolomite, the $10 TICS is a tax. Just didn't pass it in name as one ... just like individual mandate and business fines in ObamaCare weren't.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

They got the idea from Tennessee.

+1

We have a gun tax as well. Except ours is only $10 per transaction.

Dolomite

The difference is our tax goes to very relevant causes; theirs is total BS. Even if half of the victims aren't covered by insurance $600,000 won't do much unless they all had superficial wounds. Edited by SWJewellTN

I once lived in Chicago...there is much about the city I love but I'll never again be within the city limits or, for that matter, within the state of Illinois and it's because of their incredibly stupid anti-gun mindset and idiocy like this...

"It is very important to us to tax guns because we know that guns are the sources of the incredible violence we have in our neighborhoods," said Preckwinkle at a news conference on Wednesday"

Yeah...of course lady...it's the GUNS that are the problem; not the violent criminal human garbage who commit murders and other violent crimes...it can't possibly be the thugs, most of whom already have multiple felony convictions and, rather than rotting in jail, are out on the street free to commit even more crimes...no...it CAN'T be them!!!

God; this stuff pisses me off. :mad:

Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 2

I wonder when they'll start levying a tax on automobile owners to help defray healthcare expenses associated with the high cost of auto injuries? What about motorcycles? or people who own swimming pools?

How STOOOOOPID.

They already do that. Don't they have a personal property tax? And that pool in the back yard kicked their assessment

up on property taxes. I'm sure there are a few more. :D

How long will the people of Chicago and Illinois remain stupid?

It's mostly just Chicago. The rest of Illinois is populated by mostly decent human beings. The biggest problem is Chicago's problems get legislated to the rest of the state due to the population differences allowing them the majority of votes.

I have spoken to a couple of gun shops that are in Cook County on FB. They are pissed and are planning on moving their operations out of Cook County.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see this "tax/fee" what ever they want to call it, become levied on the rest of Illinois and not just Cook County in the near future.
Most people don't realize that Chicago runs Illinois, not the capital Springfield.
One of the biggest problems that IL has is that they have some of the highest state income taxes, highest property taxes, and highest business taxes in the country, then they add an this extra "fee" and they wonder why they can't attract new people or businesses to IL.
No state income tax, moderate property taxes is part of the reason why I came to TN when I retired from the Navy. A $10 fee for TICS on a firearms transaction I can deal with.
[quote name='Retired Navy GMC' timestamp='1351954191' post='838336']
No state income tax, moderate property taxes is part of the reason why I came to TN when I retired from the Navy. A $10 fee for TICS on a firearms transaction I can deal with.
[/quote]

$15 more in Cook County ain't exactly off the scale different from TN. Kali charges $25, too. All are of course additional "infringements".

- OS
[quote name='OhShoot' timestamp='1351962764' post='838389']
$15 more in Cook County ain't exactly off the scale different from TN. Kali charges $25, too. All are of course additional "infringements".

- OS
[/quote]
The $25 is on top of the TICS charge that IL charges. And IL has a FOID (Firearms owner ID) card. which is another $10 and has to be renewed every 10 years. And they have a cool down period of 3 days for long guns and 7 days for handguns (never understood that one). Just that many more reasons not to move to IL.
[quote name='Retired Navy GMC' timestamp='1351963780' post='838397']
The $25 is on top of the TICS charge that IL charges. And IL has a FOID (Firearms owner ID) card. which is another $10 and has to be renewed every 10 years. And they have a cool down period of 3 days for long guns and 7 days for handguns (never understood that one). Just that many more reasons not to move to IL.
[/quote]

Oh, not debating it's "better" here, just that both states infringe considerably, just a matter of degree. IL background check is only $2, though. (btw "TICS" only refers to TN system).

I'm predicting that fees will only increase across many states, and that all private sells will be banned within 10 years, no matter who's in power. Maybe in next 4 under BHO.

- OS