Dianne Feinstein said today (12/16/12) she will introduce a new AWB on first day of new Congress.

The way I understand the proposed ban, guns and high cap mags will be grandfathered but you won't be able to sell them or pass them on when you die. That provision alone could put huge hardships on gun makers and dealers with sizable inventories and would make your banned guns and mags worthless.

And that right there might bring on some constitutional issues for any legal object already owned, not just because they are firearms.

(Of course that ole pesky US Constitution loses weight frequently nowadays).

- OS

• Like 1

They don't care about the Constitution. They just want another law on the books to make themselves feel good.

They will not feel good until they have made all of us weaponless!

Feinstein and Bloomberg seemed almost giddy this morning that this terrible tragedy took place. I don't know about you all, but I consider people who try to profit politically as well as financially from the folks who have lost their children and loved ones little better than the shooter himself. Hell isn't hot enough for either.

• Like 3

She does this every time she gets a chance. The House won't go for it, but if they did, there would be voter

repercussions in 2014 like you wouldn't imagine. Ain't gonna happen because of her. This is just her schtick.

The Senate might pass it but it could easily get filibustered. Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I still think some kind

of gun ban will come from other directions that are unconstitutional and will be defeated in the end.

Yuup...I don't see enough Republicans (or even Democrats who are from firearm-friendly states) in the house going for this due to repercussions from the firearm enthusiasts in their districts (at least I would certainly hope there would be repercussions).

Of course, this might be something called a tipping point for some if enough Republicans cave on an issue.

Has anyone heard anything from the NRA? I wonder if they will cave? You know, to "compromise" on the bigger

picture to protect the 2nd Amendment. I just paid them.

I have a feeling, a dark feeling, that there will betrayal to the gun community, but I can't quite get a feel from where,

yet. The Democrats are just doing what was expected. We know where their utopian hearts lie, but those caving

fools on the right make me wonder with Boehner in charge. He is probably the worst Speaker in the history of the

House.

Of course, this might be something called a tipping point for some if enough Republicans cave on an issue.

Has anyone heard anything from the NRA? I wonder if they will cave? You know, to "compromise" on the bigger

picture to protect the 2nd Amendment. I just paid them.

I have a feeling, a dark feeling, that there will betrayal to the gun community, but I can't quite get a feel from where,

yet. The Democrats are just doing what was expected. We know where their utopian hearts lie, but those caving

fools on the right make me wonder with Boehner in charge. He is probably the worst Speaker in the history of the

House.

Yeah....but at least he doesn't have a "D" beside his name, huh?

He might as well if he has no backbone. True conservatives are what's needed now. Not rhinos like boehner Bionic Post

That was a feeble attempt at sarcasm. I have a greater disdain right now for most Republicans than I do for Democrats. Hell, Dianne Feinstein will tell you exactly what she plans to do and how she plans to do it. This is a trait unknown to virtually all Republicans. Boehner would give Obama a "Lewenski" in order to save his current position.

A lot of Dems want to take your guns. They make no secret of it. What will make that come to fruition is a few slimy Repubs who will side with them in order to achieve some personal or political gain, after they swore to you they were on your side last election.

Edited by gregintenn

After looking into this a little more today, I'm leaning toward no AWB but a mag ban. What I think very well could happen is the Dems will put out the AWB. The Rep will reject it but Beohner will compromise, as he does so well, and give them the mag ban.

The NRA, in years past, really only cared about the hunters and their guns. About the last decade they have really changed though. It's been awhile since I sent in a donation so I think I'll send one in. I've even thought about handing out memberships for Christmas presents.

Guest fauklin
[quote name='gregintenn' timestamp='1355799663' post='862346'] He might as well if he has no backbone. True conservatives are what's needed now. Not rhinos like boehner Bionic Post     That was a feeble attempt at sarcasm. I have a greater disdain right now for most Republicans than I do for Democrats. Hell, Dianne Feinstein will tell you exactly what she plans to do and how she plans to do it. This is a trait unknown to virtually all Republicans. Boehner would give Obama a "Lewenski" in order to save his current position.   A lot of Dems want to take your guns. They make no secret of it. What will make that come to fruition is a few slimy Repubs who will side with them in order to achieve some personal or political gain, after they swore to you they were on your side last election.[/quote] No attempt at sarcasm. Just calling it like I see it. Hard to discern what you are getting at from your tone, so I'll leave it at that. Bionic Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/16/dianne-feinstein-assault-weapons-ban_n_2311477.html

My understanding is she will have a no grandfathering provision in it. I think the the no grandfathering provision will be the reason it will not pass. I really hope it does not pass, I just got an AK47 a week ago :(.

You have to start big and negotiate ,her plan is way too restrictive and way too far left.......Her and Bloomberg are a bunch of phoneys

as they want us to be un armed they travel with full armed gaurds

• Moderators
You have to start big and negotiate ,her plan is way too restrictive and way too far left.......Her and Bloomberg are a bunch of phoneys

'Tis the only bloody way to travel as kings and queens isn't it?

Edited by CZ9MM

It would be my wish to ask that sea hag troll on national television the following: So, ms feinstein do you have an armed security detail? Why, yes I do! Ok, then in the interest of public safety are you going to limit the mag capacity to 10 rounds in their handguns and have them turn in their "assault rifles". After all you are a citizen and what is good for your constituents must be good enough for you, right? Also, ms feinstein how will the police departments feel now that they are limited to 10 rounds and they must turn in those "assault rifles"? After all COPS are citizens right? This of course in the interest of public safety as the nine innocent civilians will tell you that were gunned down by NYC police in times square last August in response to the ONE shooter and ONE victim he shot.

She would look like a slug after you dump a salt shaker on it in the AZ july sunshine.

Guest bkelm18
She would look like a slug after you dump a salt shaker on it in the AZ july sunshine.

Doubt it. Pretty sure she has an answer to all of that. Cops need guns to protect you and to protect themselves. And her body guards need guns to protect her from you.

Doubt it. Pretty sure she has an answer to all of that. Cops need guns to protect you and to protect themselves. And her body guards need guns to protect her from you.

I have guns to protect myself. Don't need the nanny state. Cops take notes at crime scenes. Citizens are the first responders as not too many cops get mugged. So if I am limited to ten rounds so should they. Her body guards should have the same restrictions on their firearms as everyone else. Maybe then she would shut her hoplophobic grocery trap about "banning" "hi capacity clips". If my mother can't have 17 rounds without a tactical reload in the dark when her home is invaded why should this dc swamp creep have that luxury via her hired orks?

No attempt at sarcasm. Just calling it like I see it. Hard to discern what you are getting at from your tone, so I'll leave it at that. Bionic Post

My earlier post should have read "MY feeble attempt at sarcasm." Sorry if you took offense to something I've posted. None was meant.

[quote name='vontar' timestamp='1355879094' post='863009']Laws should not be wrote while emotions are high, the same as one should not punish children when angry.[/quote] I'm sure Feinstein has had this bill ready to go for a while. She was just waiting on an appropriate tragedy to exploit.