Memphis Commercial Appeal publishes Gun Permit Database

Guest spartan

Guest spartan

The Commercial Appeal in Memphis, TN has published a searchable database of TN Carry Permit holders. I'm calling for all TN gun owners and Permit holders that get the Commercial Appeal newspaper to cancel their subscriptions and stop doing any business with the paper. Let them know why your stopping when you do. Even though this information is public this is nothing more than a progressive liberal political tactic and we need to hit them in their wallets for this.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/data/gunpermits/

Ladies and Gentlemen, it's time to take your stand!

Guest cardcutter

perhaps if someone took the time topost a data base with every publisher and reporter that works theres, nam adress and phone number they too would get the picture

[quote name="1pointofview" post="879805" timestamp="1357757030"]And the db has not been updated for a long while from what i can tell[/quote] I was on it last year, renewed and I don't show up anymore. Fine with me.

With the newspaper in New York publishing that map, there's been a lot of talk about the problems it causes. I'm hoping some of that attention to the related problems is noticed by our legislators and we can get them to make the info more private.

• 3 weeks later...

With the newspaper in New York publishing that map, there's been a lot of talk about the problems it causes. I'm hoping some of that attention to the related problems is noticed by our legislators and we can get them to make the info more private.

Just a footnote to this..........The company that did this in New York is owned by Gannett who also owns WBIR Channel 10 in Knoxville.  After this happened, WBIR was deleted from my TV and my cell phone.  No more WBIR or Gannett in my house.  The Memphis Commercial Appeal is owned by Scripps who also owns the Knoxville News Sentinel.  While I'm not a subscriber to the Sentinel, I would suggest those that are cancel their subscriptions immediately.

Edited by Berettatn
Guest ThePunisher
And cancel all and any liberal commie newspaper subscriptions. I unsubscribed to the Tennesean about 15 years ago, and I don't watch any commie TV news programming.
  • 1 month later...
Some of my friends have had the CA remove their information from the database. I have not been able to, yet. While it is legal to publish who has a permit it is not legal to publish drivers license data. Most of the data they are publishing is from you drivers license...birthdate city state, etc. When they first put up the database it was far worse because they posted your address too. In my opinion it is still over the top. Birth dates should never be on this site! Please flood the site with requests to remove you names or birthdate....maybe it will help.

Contact info:
http://www.commercialappeal.com/staff/

And the db has not been updated for a long while from what i can tell

Dec. 2, 2012. Not that old. I've seen it almost a year out of date though, doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to when they get a new update.

Most folks who say they aren't on it, they're either not using it correctly or their permits have expired since last database update, will come back once they've renewed and next update is bought.

And yeah, they first published it in late 2008.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot