Executive Order Plans

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I just sent to Cooper, Corker, and Alexander....  feel free to enlighten me if I need to rethink anything as time goes by.

"Congressman/Senator _________ et al,

I hope this finds you well.  I know it has been and continues to be a busy season of emails, calls, and letters.  Thank you for all that each of you do in a climate that does little to reward integrity.  Regardless of differences we may or may not have on the following issue, any door I have is always open to you and your staff.

I deeply grieve every instance where loved ones are lost.  The recent atrocity culminating in the loss of so many children, as well as mommies, beloved wives, and even a fiancee at Sandy Hook is beyond heartbreaking.   

I have great concern that our current push for legislation to further felonize expressions of rights guaranteed in our Bill of Rights' second amendment seems to be an emotional push.  It seems to be riding on the backs of something that we all know is well beyond legislation.  Life, death, and violent acts committed by sick individuals have always been and will always be a part of the human fabric.  The heartbreak that belongs to the actual families and community of Sandy Hook lives in our hearts by its own merit - it is both an atrocity and a tragedy of the highest order.  It is my opinion that we would be wise to refrain from adultering such pain for our own desires (myself included).

In order to respect your staff's time and attention, I have waited to write you concerning our second amendment rights until I felt it absolutely necessary.

As I heard today that President Obama is eyeing executive orders to "stop violence", my concern has been elevated 10 fold.  Each of you know (much better than I) the appropriate and healthy reach of the executive branch of our government.  As far as laws go, we have a legislative process;  it should not be bypassed by any president (whether I agree with him/her or not).  If a bypass is attempted, swift action by the legislative and judicial branches should come without hesitation.  

As you execute your office, I urge you to continually consider that the right to bear arms is a recognized natural right - not a granted one.  If the government did not grant the right, then the government has no footing to take the right away.  During the twentieth century, the United States government repeatedly misrepresented herself in failing to recognize this right - even going to the extent to selectively felonize otherwise law-abiding citizens should they safely and harmlessly express that right in certain ways.

In taking any further action to infringe on said right, the United States government would be unbecoming herself and, indeed, evidence a shift in the deepest portion of her foundation - a massive shift away from freedom.

The second amendment has been silently at work for the entire lifespan of this country.  It has played no small part in keeping us free.  I am amazed when, in our emotion and ignorance, we (as a society) deride an invisible force that has helped to keep us free.  Were the second amendment not in place, were it heavily trampled early on, we very well could be looking at a catastrophically different America.

It is true that we have a problem keeping mentally unstable persons safe.  We have an outrageous inability to enforce our existing laws against criminal activity and violence.  The solution to this problem is not to oppress law-abiding United States Citizens  by ceasing to recognize their natural rights.  In so boldly dismissing the second amendment, - indeed - by legislating against our rights as citizens, our collective government is becoming more and more double-faced.  Even though our society may not be able to put words to this, over time, the mistrust and divide will grow, and that is not the legacy that we want to impart to our children and grandchildren

Creating a further divide between the Bill of Rights (explicit protections for our inalienable rights and the efficacy of the government - per the second paragraph of the preamble to the Bill of Rights) guaranteed each citizen and the daily experience "allowed" each citizen under federal law is not the answer here.  We all want less violence.  We all want our families to be safe - both now, and for generations to come.  We cannot, we must not legislate from ignorance and fear.

As of yet, we are not a country of rule-by-oppression; we are not a country where loved ones become nameless victims in mass graves - either from horrible regimes or an untenable criminal element that has been strengthened by way of disarming law abiding citizens.  Please do everything you can to ensure that we do not become a country like that.  Please support and serve your constituents by encouraging your peers to govern within the protective confines of our controlling documents.  Please respect our Bill of Rights.

I may just be an ignorant fool who doesn't read well and has an incorrect understanding of natural (inalienable) rights.  If so, feel free to let me know.  :)

All the best to you and yours,

Humbly,

I wish they'd hurry up and do something! I'm about to get an ulcer. I'd also like to be able to find reloading supplies again.

You think you got it rough. Wait until congress tells Obama to peddle his gun ban in Kenya :). I think that's gonna hurt his feelings

• Like 1
[quote name="mikegideon" post="880053" timestamp="1357775771"]Looks like Yeager pulled the video[/quote]As he should have. When you threaten to kill people, you get noticed by the wrong people.

I know you guys know this, but even if 99.9% of the populace say ban the guns, this is a direct violation of the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution and is unlawful. There are people that don't understand this and will say okay here are my guns you are the Government and I know you are correct in all of your ways. This is BS and they know it, they don't call for banning cars and they kill hundreds every day, they don't ban hammers or chainsaws or a multitude of inanimate objects that kill or maim people, but the gun for some reason frightens them. If we let them disarm the nation, we will all be as slaves.

Looks like Yeager pulled the video

I was wondering what happened to it.  I didn't get to see it.

As far as the EO business goes, I'm not too worried about it.  Right now I am ticked at the media.  They are the ones driving all of this hysteria.  I am almost to the point that I hate the media, and that includes Fox News, as much as I do politicians.

I was wondering what happened to it.  I didn't get to see it.

As far as the EO business goes, I'm not too worried about it.  Right now I am ticked at the media.  They are the ones driving all of this hysteria.  I am almost to the point that I hate the media, and that includes Fox News, as much as I do politicians.

Been a while since I turned the TV on. I feel your pain. :D

[quote name="mav" post="880098" timestamp="1357778000"]I was wondering what happened to it.  I didn't get to see it.   As far as the EO business goes, I'm not too worried about it.  Right now I am ticked at the media.  They are the ones driving all of this hysteria.  I am almost to the point that I hate the media, and that includes Fox News, as much as I do politicians.[/quote] In regards to Obama, et all, moving to ban firearms: "if they move one more inch, I'm gonna start killing people" This is how he closed his video.

In regards to Obama, et all, moving to ban firearms: "if they move one more inch, I'm gonna start killing people" This is how he closed his video.

Ah.  Ballsy. Stupid, but ballsy.

Yeah AR, for about the last year or so I pretty much quit watching tv.  I probably watch about an hour a week now.