How the heck did Alex Jones suddenly become our spokesman??!!

Because no liberal so-called "media" outlet would ever let someone like Mass Ayoob on their show or he'd make them look like the freaking idiots that they are.

Same goes for someone like Mark Levin, one thing the libs don't want to hear is a history lesson on the Constitution.

I hate to unplug from this madness but I finding myself aggravated and pissed off every time I hear a bit of current affairs.

• Like 1

Because too many on our side celebrate those who talk the talk, no matter how bat shit crazy they are.

Maybe I'm out of the loop, but I haven't heard people celebrating Alex Jones for anything. Heck, I haven't ever heard of hime before this week.

AJ does it again. I've listened to him on the radio before and all he does is get into a rant about something. You cannot have a civilized discussion with the man unless you are in full agreement with him. But i rarely listen to him, i would have to be bored as heck and have nothing else to listen to ( at work). My job allows me to listen to radio, podcasts while i'm working.

Those who can and like to listen to him, fine. Just most of us would rather listen to an actual debate instead of a loudmouth egotistical buffoon.  He has some good points on some things, but this time, he set a bad example. The folks at CNN knew what they were doing when they invited AJ. They knew all along he would act that way and in turn boost their viewer base. It might have boosted AJ's viewer base as well.

Maybe I'm out of the loop, but I haven't heard people celebrating Alex Jones for anything. Heck, I haven't ever heard of hime before this week.

Greg,

You're not out of the loop. They want something more to complain or make an excuse about, but they got someone they didn't

want to stand up and speak. I'll take the stand up and speak. If more got up and spoke, we wouldn't have to dump on just Alex

Jones.

Spock, you might use that logic to understand that only criticizing on the internet does very little for the cause, but is useful for

our venting frustrations. This is something you really need to understand because the times have changed. The tactics the anti-

gun crowd is using will not be able to be breached by just a good speaker because he or she won't get the airtime to get that

point across. Until and unless someone else controls the media, that option is gone. Talk radio, which is another popular criticism

is about the only medium available for that type of speaker to lay out the facts, and that is a small percentage of the wrong people

to be getting that message out to.

We need to gain back political control of this country. That means John Boehner needs to be recalled immediately and replaced

with someone with a brain. The Senate needs to be taken back, also. Impeachment hearings in the House need to commence

immediately and the Senate needs to remove this current Occupant of the White House. When or if that happens, we might quit

being threatened with our rights.

I'm the only one who speaks for me.

Right, but I haven't seen you all over the news and radio today. Him I have. If you can get on tv or radio, you are more than welcome to speaks for me about gun rights Lester.

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 1

I am not a big fan of Alex Jones, and I did watch the interview he had with Piss Morgan.  He was very animated and got a little off track with the drug stuff.  However, I give  kudos to Jones for taking a hardline stance on the issue.  "You are not taking our guns. 1776 would happen all over again." (paraphrasing)  Even with a lot of the conspiracy theory nuttery he often espouses, I will take a guy like Jones on my side any day of the week over some Caspar Milquetoast.

• Like 1
  • Administrator

I had a thought and I'm floating this out there as just something to chew on.  I'm not advocating any sort of unrest, so let's just get that clear from the start.

BUT... Have you ever seen someone who was absolutely right about something get argued with to the point that they could no longer gracefully, tactfully articulate their point on a matter and seen them shut down the talking, rational side of their brain.  Have you seen them allow the lizard brain to take over and then they start throwing punches?

I have.  I've seen people get so flustered, so frustrated, so galled by the audacity of the moron arguing with them that they finally just clammed up and threw a massive haymaker and put the moron on their ass.

Frankly, I'm worried that sooner or later the part of society who still believes in the Constitution is going to clam up and stop trying to argue.  And when that happens, God help us for what might be next.

:meh:

• Like 3

I had a thought and I'm floating this out there as just something to chew on.  I'm not advocating any sort of unrest, so let's just get that clear from the start.

BUT... Have you ever seen someone who was absolutely right about something get argued with to the point that they could no longer gracefully, tactfully articulate their point on a matter and seen them shut down the talking, rational side of their brain.  Have you seen them allow the lizard brain to take over and then they start throwing punches?

I have.  I've seen people get so flustered, so frustrated, so galled by the audacity of the moron arguing with them that they finally just clammed up and threw a massive haymaker and put the moron on their ass.

Frankly, I'm worried that sooner or later the part of society who still believes in the Constitution is going to clam up and stop trying to argue.  And when that happens, God help us for what might be next.

I feel this getting ever so much closer minute by minute. It almost seems like the government and media are in an all out blitz to antagonize us to the point that someone does something very bad. I can see it happening soon, and it will be very bad PR for us.

How do we stop this crap? It seems the civil option isn't getting anywhere.

Here's someone on our side speaking out that sounds like he's got a bit of sense. 

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/01/guns-dictatorship-jeff-duncan.php

“The Founding Fathers never envisioned Executive Orders being used to restrict our Constitutional rights,” Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-SC) said in a statement Wednesday. “We live in a republic, not a dictatorship.”

It is too terrifying to even contemplate.  All of us can talk tough at our computers by spouting unconstitutional, enumerated powers, molon labe, etc...  If a situation like this were to ever occur it would get real in an instant.  I know my first reaction would probably be to pi$$ my pants.  I pray to God it never happens. 

I get this sinking feeling that we are being backed into a corner, and shortly, are going to have very few options left. In my life, I don't recall such an all out assault on a law abiding class of people.

The stage was set in 1934,1968,1986 and 1994. We're way past 1984, if you get my drift. :D

As the saying goes, “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
  • Like 1

It is too terrifying to even contemplate.  All of us can talk tough at our computers by spouting unconstitutional, enumerated powers, molon labe, etc...  If a situation like this were to ever occur it would get real in an instant.  I know my first reaction would probably be to pi$$ my pants.  I pray to God it never happens. 

I figure when it comes down to it, you're probably a pretty good shot, even in wet pants. They're definately poking the bear.