Piers "Poose" Morgan Gets a Spankin'

Oh you crazy gun owners and your facts. This is America. We legislate on emotion, not facts. I couldn't watch this whole segment though. Poose makes my blood boil with all that smugness to the point I want to challenge him to a cage match, and I don't want to sound like Yeager.
  • Like 3

Please don't let the facts get in the way of a crisis . I wish they would point out that the AR is not an assault weapon . I bet Germany turned there weapons in because they trusted the Government .

In my opinion the second amendment has nothing to do with hunting and was written because we had just had to boot out the Government that had gone to far . The founding fathers knew if it could happen then it could happen again and without firearms you are wide open th a dictatorship . At that point in time , I am under the impression that our rifles were actually better than the British rifles.

Think about it , at that point in time , hunting was done by most everyone for food . We just need to enforce the laws that already exist . I personally believe that the current NFA is unconstitutional , and would like all NFA items be treated like every other firearm , (I know it will never happen and I have my tin hat shined up  .

Oh you crazy gun owners and your facts. This is America. We legislate on emotion, not facts. I couldn't watch this whole segment though. Poose makes my blood boil with all that smugness to the point I want to challenge him to a cage match, and I don't want to sound like Yeager.

That would be one boring cage match. I'm pretty sure Poose would be in the fetal position before you got the chance to draw any blood.

All in all I thought he did well. I love that he calls him out on exploiting Sandy Hook and sticks to it. I wish he had called him out on how many of the "assault weapons" were used in "gun free zones" when he tried to use the weapon used to be condescending. I wish he had stated that 94.4% of mass shootings have occurred in these gun free zones and asked him why we can't talk about that. 

I very much wish we would stop allowing the phrase "assault weapons" to be used altogether. I wish he had simply referred to the weapons as rifles, because that is what they are. When you call it like it is it sounds much worse to say they want to ban rifles and the left, or Morgan specifically, would never agree to this terminology because they know the root of their argument lies in emotion, scary labels, and marketing. It would have the added benefit of distracting him from controlling the verbage of the debate. 

His response to the Reagen letter was pretty good though, "so?" exactly what you need to say, don't take the red herring there. 

Edited by ShamGlock
  • Like 2
Guest RevScottie

The disgusting thing in this interview is Morgan's complete contempt for the constitution. Key point is when he refers to it as "your" constitution.

• Moderators

All in all I thought he did well. I love that he calls him out on exploiting Sandy Hook and sticks to it. I wish he had called him out on how many of the "assault weapons" were used in "gun free zones" when he tried to use the weapon used to be condescending. I wish he had stated that 94.4% of mass shootings have occurred in these gun free zones and asked him why we can't talk about that. 

I very much wish we would stop allowing the phrase "assault weapons" to be used altogether. I wish he had simply referred to the weapons as rifles, because that is what they are. When you call it like it is it sounds much worse to say they want to ban rifles and the left, or Morgan specifically, would never agree to this terminology because they know the root of their argument lies in emotion, scary labels, and marketing. It would have the added benefit of distracting him from controlling the verbage of the debate. 

His response to the Reagen letter was pretty good though, "so?" exactly what you need to say, don't take the red herring there. 

Agree. Shapiro managed to get in there and stick to his points and wouldn't follow Morgan's attempts to direct the debate into the weeds. Facts are a bitch when you don't have any of your own.

Agree. Shapiro managed to get in there and stick to his points and wouldn't follow Morgan's attempts to direct the debate into the weeds. Facts are a bitch when you don't have any of your own.

Poose did a good job of ignoring one of his main points. The purpose of the second amendment is to keep control of government in the hands of the people. Giving him a copy of the Constitution was a nice touch :up:

• Like 1

I don't have to watch this, knowing who Shapiro is. That guy is sharp and is good to tell the GOP fools how to start winning elections.

I will watch it later, though. He was on Mark Levin Show last night and set the story straight for the GOP. I'm glad Breitbart left him in

charge.

I finally got around to watching this. Perfect example of staying on point, having a clear message and using facts and knowledge in a calm manner. Every single person who has a YouTube channel or blog needs to watch this video and take cues from Mr. Shapiro. Excellent interview, terrible interviewer.

The only two things I disagreed with Shapiro was his use of the word "need" in response to Morgan's continued battering,

and allowing Morgan to interject with the Reagan, Carter and Ford statement about assault weapons. There has never been

any data to show "assault weapons", and I still hate the use of that word, banning would reduce a dime's worth of crime.

He should have, and almost did, said that your argument is solely based on emotion and no reason or logic. He did get the

point out there, though. I doubt it was good enough for public consumption. I wish he would have been against any laws,

based on his other arguments, because he is a bit inconsistent by liking the background checks so much. Newtown

wouldn't have been prevented because of this.

I'm getting his book, regardless. That guy is awesome on his points about the left bullying. also about the GOP putting up

candidates few actually have interest in. And the way the so-called GOP really votes. He is an ardent supporter of the Tea Party

replacing the GOP. So am I.

I finally got around to watching this. Perfect example of staying on point, having a clear message and using facts and knowledge in a calm manner. Every single person who has a YouTube channel or blog needs to watch this video and take cues from Mr. Shapiro.

Excellent interview, terrible interviewer.

A nice effort by Shapiro considering there is no such thing as a civil discussion by the media these days unless both parties are in agreement. Responsible civilized media has gone the route of the Doo Doo Bird. It has evolved into a berating obnoxious shouting ridicule of one's "guest". Just another sad example of disrespectful behavior in a country whose culture is fractured and incredibly divisive. But I state the obvious.

What he should have done is continue to press morgan on the hypocrisy of his argument. More people do die to handguns, more die to shotguns, more die to knives and bare fists than to "assault weapons" according to the FBI reports.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-8

The trend has also been declining since 2007.

He pressed him on that at first but abandoned the angle.

He should have just said, flat out: why focus on incidents that (as tragic as they are) are very rare and ignore all the other kids that die by the hundreds and thousands, but just one or two at a time due to gangbangers and other murders.  What, they don't count?

And what about sniper style shooting sprees that these laws wouldn't prevent and use regular hunting rifles? (See Texas University Belltower shooter) What about shooting sprees with grandfathered semi autos and magazines?  What about shooting sprees with shotguns which already outnumber murders using "assault rifles"? What about the fact that these guys were mentally unstable but probably would have passed a background check?

Push the argument till Morgan basically throws his hands up and admits that he supports this as one step towards a blanket gun ban and then hammer home that it's counterindicated by the constitution and his argument is therefore invalid.

A crazy person who already accepts he is going to die is not something you can legislate out of existence. Nothings stopping someone from hopping into a ford and driving through a parade at 90mph -- you can't always eliminate those 1% outliers and you'll run into diminishing returns, up to and including sacrificing too much money and too many freedoms and STILL never eliminate the risk. Just take it in perspective, continue to implement best practices, and roll on.

Of course the AR-15 was used in the last few shootings. It's THE MOST POPULAR RIFLE in America today. There are millions of them out there.  And you can count on one hand the number of crazies that went on sprees with them.

Edited by Refleks
Guest Wildogre

This is just one more reason that I do not watch the news on TV any more. All it is is one person yelling at another person. Facts do not mater. 

You've got to admit, Morgan is pretty slick. What he does with all of these debates is to let the person speak their mind then at the end his tries to discredit them making everything they said previously null and void.

He did it with Alex Jones. I think he's a idiot and acted like one but notice how Morgan brung up the 9-11 deal at the end. What that did was to confirm he was a idiot and nothing he says can be trusted.

He also did it with Shapiro also. He tried to press him in the end about the "tyrannical government" trying to make him look crazy and out of touch with the main stream. I don't think we won discrediting him but he sure was trying.

You've got to be pretty slick to beat Morgan at his own game. He wouldn't even have these guest on his show if he didn't think he could walk all over them. If you ever get invited to his show you better do your homework because the only reason you're invited is to discredit you. Ben showed him up.