Walmart Ammo

mikegideon

I got pretty much the same answer. But the dude put me thru to someone higher up and she also explained they did participate didn't have a rep present at the last meeting with Joe "The Anvil" Biden. But there was another meeting coming up and there would be someone present at that one. She said that they haven't made a decision yet and were waiting until the second meeting. She gave me this link. 

http://news.walmart.com/news-archive/2013/01/09/walmart-statement-on-white-house-meeting-to-discuss-firearms

Basically she said the rumor isn't true. (yet...pending the second meeting)

Ah... so they're members of Bloomberg's coalition. Tell ya what boys... that's a deal breaker for me.

Guest FreeFalling

Seeing all the bare shelves is sureal.  Especially when I saw 9mm, 40, and 45 clear out.  I hate to be part of the problem, but since it's the only place I could find it I've ordered larger than usual quantities of ammo online.

Refuted per Weapon-Blog's Aaron Spuler:

Walmart Will Not Change Practices

With the rumors flying around that Walmart will continue to sell what ammunition remains on the shelves but not order any further stock, I could not find any direct sources for the decision.

I contacted executives at Walmart and spoke with Ashley in the media relations department. She informed me that those rumors are false. Walmart will not change their practices and will continue to sell ammunition in their stores. There have not been any corporate directives to stop selling ammunition.

"Over the years we have been very purposeful about striking the right balance between serving hunters and sportsmen and ensuring that we sell firearms responsibly. In fact, we became a charter member of Mayor Bloomberg’s coalition against illegal guns and adopted the 10-point code established by the Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership that goes beyond what the law requires.

"Over the years we have been very purposeful about striking the right balance between serving hunters and sportsmen and ensuring that we sell firearms responsibly. In fact, we became a charter member of Mayor Bloomberg’s coalition against illegal guns and adopted the 10-point code established by the Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership that goes beyond what the law requires.

Could just be pandering to both sides.  I haven't seen them "go beyond" what the law requires, how have they done that?

I don't care. If you're a supporter of Bloomberg, you're not getting my money. That's just me.

Maybe Walmart is on the "keep your friends close, and your enemies closer" plan. Being on Bloomburg's commission is a good way to keep your enemy close.

I stopped by the Old Fort Pkwy store yesterday, and the gentleman behind the counter told me that they got some Federal 100 packs in on Thursday and sold right out of them in a couple of hours...didn't even have to stock the shelves with a single box. Also told me that the manager tried to order more, but the order was blocked and refused. Said that's the first time either one of them had experienced a blocked order.

223 can't be had any where right now...but regular caliber ammo can just have to be there at the right time... i talked with a manager at the Old Fort location and she said they ran out of tax stamps...which was true because they managed to get 1000 stamps from another store... i also talked with the sporting goods clerk and he said they had 3 big carts full of ammo in the back mostly pistol caliber though... but you can't sell it without tax stamps... but its there... he said they didn't sell any ammo for 3 days and thats why there is so much in the back... plus that store put a 6 item max on ammo at a time... he said they where at a 2 item max the other day when they had 223 in...

look at how many walmarts there are... I'm sure the distributing hubs are out of almost everything trying to make sure every walmart gets a little of everything... and the crazed ammo buyers have made it this way... im sure before this pandemic it took them a while to sell out of 223 and other ammo... now they sell out before it even hits the shelf...

are people scared that ammo is going to be banned? lol thats crazy talk... no way they will do that... this crazy buying frenzy is making prices go sky high... if people would just step back and take a breath and calm down... things will go back to normal... the people buying all this ammo up probably don't even shoot on a regular basis and would never go thru that much ammo...

Edited by carter

Id say whatever their motive it, it has more to do with "Keep you dollars close"

That's pretty much my policy too. My bucks are pretty much apolitical.

Wally can belong to Bloomberg's bunch or donate to Planned Parenthood, whatever. Sort of a "what they say" as opposed to "what they do" -- includes politicians, too.

I'll "vote" for firearms freedom by buying guns and ammo from Wally, and the cheaper the better. As long as firearm companies are willing to sell to them, I'm willing to buy from them.

And yep, I'll still buy something from CTD if it's far and away the best price. I believe free capitalism promotes more freedom than most any other ism.

- OS

• Like 3

I believe free capitalism promotes more freedom than most any other ism.

- OS

I do as well.  However, I don't really see much free market capitalism going on nowadays, especially in the larger corporations like Walmart.  I do see a lot of crony capitalism occuring.

I do as well.  However, I don't really see much free market capitalism going on nowadays, especially in the larger corporations like Walmart.  I do see a lot of crony capitalism occuring.

Well, gotta admit I prefer cronies like Ruger, Smith & Wesson, Mossberg, Bushmaster, Windham, Marlin, Winchester, Remington, etc etc etc. ;)

- OS

Guest sreksuhn
I called walmart cust serv. On Friday to tell them that I thought they should not participate in any fed. Aministration policy meetings. Her answer was that she would note my feedback and that walmart's inventory of firearms and ammo has not and would not change. If walmart knew their customers had public opinion on their side, I think they would stand their ground. Just my opinion

I don't believe this is true. I was at Wal-Mart recently when the employee was restocking the ammo shelf(my timing was amazing) and the guy that works there is one of the only  employees I have ever dealt with that knows a lot about ammo and genuinely gets excited about his job.

I know the guy well enough that I'm pretty sure he would have mentioned it, also why would be be restocking the shelf?

Time will tell I suppose.

Guest RevScottie
Rumors and fear of the unknown are making it pretty much impossible to buy any ammo these days :( Employee in Walmart yesterday said that Obama was banning 10/22s so you should buy up .22 ammo??

how is he banning 10/22's lol there are far more lethal rifles out there than that which holds 10 rounds... mossberg 590 comes to mind... where are these people getting there info from... i think academy was running a special on them for $189 last week... there are a lot of 22 rifles lol namely its cheap to shoot... when u can buy 500 rounds for $20 bucks... thats why i've been stocking up on it... goes well with a 22 drop in bolt for your AR

I think you're missing the Obama plan on how to get around the 2nd amendment. If Obama can raise taxes on ammo to where it's not affordable, he's got his gun ban without touching the 2nd. He could require background checks on ammo so you couldn't buy hundreds or thousands of rounds of ammo. If a 50 round box of 45 ACP which now costs around $18 goes up to $75 or more due to taxes, who's going to be able to afford it? Same thing could happen to reloading supplies.

I agree with many of your viewpoints on Wally World, but why should they invest tons of money on a product they might not be able to sell? I fear the administration far more on what they will do to limit our freedoms.
I may be wrong, but I think to order new ammo they will be paying a substantial price that they may not be willing to do. The reason is they think prices will fall in 60 days. I have seen gas stations refuse to order gasoline because they know when the price comes down they will be stuck with it.