ABQ shooting, with a... you guessed it

I'm wondering about two things. The first is what in the world did he do to the children before he shot them. The charges for killing the children are "child abuse resulting in death", for the parents it was simple first degree murder.

The second thing I'm wondering about - and we'll never know, is  - what kind of video games were in the home.

as long as a military type mean looking assault something or other was in the house hold... that's what the media will focus on... notice the "a military style rifle and other weapons where used" yes other weapons but media doesn't care about those lets focus everything on the military looking rifle...

just like the sandy hook shooting... the agents said there where 4 pistols in the school... the rifle was in his trunk...

they don't have a clue what went on and are going to shove assault weapon down americas throat even though it didn't play a part in the shooting at all...just the fact it was close and in the vicinity is all that matters... you never here the media give a crap about what sorts of weapons gang members get shot with... with there " choppers " which is what they call an AK ... 

TV has a steering committee called Media Matters. They steered the media on the AR 15 and look what it did: sold a gazillion of them.

I think the public knows what this stuff is all about.

I agree, that is sickening. Something I don't get about these kids doing this: I've been around and shot rifles, handguns, and shotguns my whole life. Over two years ago I bought my first AR15. With all the experience I had shooting various calibers of weapons, I was nervous with the AR because the design is different, and wanted to be careful with every move of my hands and fingers. Yet, these kids are pickingthem up, using them to blow peoples insides out, reloading them while people are screaming and dying???? I don't get it!

.... Yet, these kids are pickingthem up, using them to blow peoples insides out, reloading them while people are screaming and dying???? I don't get it!

How could you or I "get it"?  I don't know that shrinks who can clinically explain can actually "get it". How can one truly relate to a sociopathic shell?

It's like reacting to an alien intelligence with absolutely no point of shared reference.

- OS

holy jesus that is terrible.

And this is exactly why the story needs to be spread and is being hidden by the media:

Griego reportedly gushed to police about his love for violent video games during the interrogation, Houston said. He told police he loved to play Modern Warfare and Grand Theft Auto.

"The suspect was involved heavily in games, violent games, it's what he was into," Houston said. "He was quite excited as he discussed this with our investigators."

Hopefully the NRA people get ahold of that tidbit

Edited by Sam1

I am just afraid that what will happen with people who have taken or do take anything for like anxiety etc....(occasional xana, zoloft, lexapro, etc meds)...what they will try to pull against those people who have no agenda or thought of harming anyone.

[quote name="Sam1" post="893057" timestamp="1358897270"]holy jesus that is terrible.     And this is exactly why the story needs to be spread and is being hidden by the media:         Hopefully the NRA people get ahold of that tidbit[/quote] I think the obsession with killing in video games is a symptom of a problem, not the Genesis of it. Not to say that anyone playing a violent video game is violent, but folks who do have an obsession with perpetrating violence would naturally be attracted to those games as an outlet. I don't think it would encourage an already violent sociopath to do anything he wouldn't already do. Let's not forget there were mass murderers long before the Xbox. The Columbine killers didn't have such graphic shooting games when they planned their massacre. It makes just as much sense to blame the fact that they probably never got laid, and all that built up, non-sex having frustration is what set them off. Perhaps true, since a common denominator with these killers is a lack of action with the ladies, but is that a cause or a symptom of an existing issue? I dunno, but I do know if these guys were getting poon they wouldn't be focused on destruction. So do we blame the ladies for being stingy?

I don't think it's a cause at all (if you read my posts defending the gruesome media in Japan), but it does help to show how we have an issue and we don't know for sure what causes it.

Edited by Sam1
[quote name="Sam1" post="893511" timestamp="1358941771"]I don't think it's a cause at all (if you read my posts defending the gruesome media in Japan), but it does help to show how we have an issue and we don't know for sure what causes it.[/quote] I agree. Unfortunately, not every problem has a solution, at least not a viable one. In the cases of murderers the problem is simply that evil people exist. Always have, always will, and we will never change that. Taking away the tools to defend against evil will do no good. The only way to ensure a defect free society is to lobotomize everyone at birth and allow the government to control every aspect of your life to make sure you don't do anything harmful to yourself or anyone else.
[quote name="TMF" post="893479" timestamp="1358931334"]I think the obsession with killing in video games is a symptom of a problem, not the Genesis of it. Not to say that anyone playing a violent video game is violent, but folks who do have an obsession with perpetrating violence would naturally be attracted to those games as an outlet. I don't think it would encourage an already violent sociopath to do anything he wouldn't already do.[/quote] Possibly, but I wouldn't discount the developmental risk of massive exposure to active, willful "virtual violence" during vulnerable developmental years. The brain can be molded. I defer to someone with a better understanding than I of adolescent psychology. Agreed, this needs to be out... Just not his name. Let him be anonymous. No fame for murderers!