School officials confirm shooting at Atlanta middle school

Didn't see that. Still betting

Damn. Video disagrees with the text underneath. ONE in custody. White boy. She may have been the target

Saying he was a student, dunno about her for sure.

Saying she was shot in back of neck now. Or not. Maybe from two different schools.

Forget it for awhile., Same mishmash of mostly wrong stuff for now seems.

Edited by Oh Shoot

Is the Morris book above worth a read?

Absolutely. It and its predecessor, The Naked Ape are classics.  Couple of the real rarities used in education but are fascinating reads also. Ape is more famous I guess.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desmond_Morris

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Naked_Ape

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Human_Zoo_%28book%29

Lewis Thomas and Carl Sagan are probably a bit more "entertaining" but Morris ain't bad, and I'm not kidding that Human Zoo may explain a lot about our crumbling and divisive (and violent) society.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

While sad and tragic..  People will eat this up.. more fodder for the anti`s...

not waht needs to be happening right now..

but alas.. all the anti gun folks do not seem to understand one thing...

Criminals and people who are intent on harming others do not care how many rounds a mag can hold ..

I think they should look into why so many people who do this sort of thing  are on meds..

Edited by Sour Kraut
Guest 556or762

Has anyone else noticed that even shootings outside of schools are now being brought to the public as "School Shootings", and how if you read a little there are this many shootings every week of every year in the US and since now they are sharing them with us it means its just happening for the first time.

Has anyone else noticed that even shootings outside of schools are now being brought to the public as "School Shootings", and how if you read a little there are this many shootings every week of every year in the US and since now they are sharing them with us it means its just happening for the first time.

I have indeed noticed that.

If of course I didn't believe in the overall integrity of the news gathering profession in the United States, I could almost conjecture that there exists some sort of shared group ethos, nay even an actual agenda, toward social change involving firearm legislation. But of course that would be tin foil hat territory, so I recoil from such an absurd viewpoint.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 4

I frequently wonder if this stuff is really happening that much more often, or if we're just bombarded with it in the media.  I'm sure it is more often, but is it truly to the extent that is portrayed?  I think the media has come to recognize the power they really have over the masses. 

I frequently wonder if this stuff is really happening that much more often, or if we're just bombarded with it in the media.  I'm sure it is more often, but is it truly to the extent that is portrayed?  I think the media has come to recognize the power they really have over the masses. 

20 years ago, if a plane crashes and kills 189 people...for the next 3 weeks, all you hear about in the news is more plane crashes...even if it's a small crop-duster in Nebraska.  Now, any gun related incident, no matter how large or how small, will be magnified and hammered at until the libs outlaw all gun ownership.  It is an agenda.

• Like 2

20 years ago, if a plane crashes and kills 189 people...for the next 3 weeks, all you hear about in the news is more plane crashes...even if it's a small crop-duster in Nebraska.  Now, any gun related incident, no matter how large or how small (unless positive), will be magnified and hammered at until the libs outlaw all gun ownership.  It is an agenda.

fixed it for you.