About to get my Glock 19 Gen 4

Guest MilitiaMan

Guest MilitiaMan

Very happy. Ordered 2 Glock 19 Gen 4's about a month ago. 1 arrived and I am picking it up Monday morning. $620 out the door. Could have done better, but could have also done worse. Can't wait for the other to arrive so I can tuck it in my B.O.B

Edited by MilitiaMan

I don't consider myself a Glock guy, but I recently (just recently) acquired a 23. Too many 9s, and the other 40s are feeling jealous, so I thought I would get them a new friend. That Glock size 19, 23, 32, etc. are an excellent size, and just fits sweet, just like all of the reports that I have read. Thanks alot Hickok45! I haven't been to the range yet, but I want to go. Congrats!

I bought the Glock 19 gen 4 when they first came out. The ones with the stiff RSA (recoild spring assembly). They sent me a new RSA for free. Even with the stiff RSA this pistol never jammed. I have been shooting it for a couple of years now. I have shot a couple or three thousand rounds through it. Never failed. When I take a training class, it's the pistol I carry.  It goes with me on my side and is on my bed stand at night. I shoot Winchester Whitebox at the range and carry Wincgester Supreme Elite 124gr +P.

The original problem with the gen 4 was it had the same recoil spring as the .40 and it was too stiff for some ammo to eject well. That problem has been fixed. If you did have the stiff RSA they will send you a new one.  I would say that the gen 4 is now problem free. The grip is kind of boxy but the back straps do help. The grip texture is like little spikes but it will toughen up your hands. The trigger is not a refined target trigger, but I have pulled worse. All in all there is only one outstanding feature on this pistol.

It's rugged reliability.

I never liked Glocks at all until the Gen 4. I'm a small person and have small hands and Glock just never fit me. I don't know the exact difference in the grips, but the Gen 4 26 without using a back strap works well for me and that is what sold me on going to a Glock. Its seems crazy what a difference a few millimeters can make. Congratulations on your new 19.

Guest Victor9er

Current problem with the recent production gen 3 and 4 G19 is the extractor. Apex precision has a fix if you need it.

I'll have to look into that, I still get the occasional brass to the face with mine (gen 4) but it's been a while since I've actually taken it to the range.  I'll need to remedy that soon.

I had to have my recoil spring replaced also, and I never had any problems with it jamming before I replaced the spring. With the new spring, well it ran fine for a good while, but the last time I took it to the range I ended up with several (3 or 4) FTEs out of the blue. It had been a while since I had shot it, so it may have been a bit of limp wristing on my part... but I was also shooting my gen 4 G22 at the same time and din't have any issues with that one. So I'm not sure.

It ran fine after that though and I finished my range time without any further issues, but it did give me pause for concern. To this day I still haven't had a single issue with my G22, no brass to the face and no FTEs at all. I just took that one to the range yesterday in fact.

The G23 is nice, I love the size of my G19 and I was really looking hard at a G23 here lately... but I ended up with something else instead... :whistle:

I really like the mid sized 19,23,32 sized Glock. I have a 33 but use a 32 Mag and spacer  when I carry it. I also have a 32 C .I have sort of went Glock crazy and bought several . When thing calm down you can always get the full size mags for back up. I have been buying the 357 models because you can get the barrels and conversion barrels for other calibers that I reload .

I have been buying mine on Gun Broker. I just watch and bid until I get one priced at what I want to pay. I did bid a low bid ( I thought ) on a new 37 in 45 GAP and did win it. Oddball but priced right I have 475 in it , shipped and transfered . Never know I might like it.  

Welcome to Glocks and glad you was able to find one . To me you have the best sized one they make.

Now the hard part , ammo !!! Hope you had some .

I have a 17 that hit me with brass at least a couple of times with each Magazine. I changed to the newest Glock ejector and have had no more problems . It was less than 10.00 on ebay . Factory Glock part and easy to install.

Edited by Keyless

ATS in C'ville had one for ~$500.  That was a few weeks ago though, and would require a transfer as I believe they are actually in KY.

Thanks for the heads up! Someone local has a gen 3 with about 500 rounds through it and asking 550. It just hurts me to pay that much for a used one but thats the market right now.

I have had my name on a waiting list for a Glock 19 for a couple of months. I recently stumbled across a used one for $500 and I didn't hesitate. It is just the way things will be for a while. If I had it to do all over again I would have just gotten a .40 Glock.
  • Like 1

Can anyone even find a 19 these days? For you people who purchased recently what did you end up paying?

I bought a new Glock 19 Gen. 3 not long ago at LA Firearms in Union City, they had a few in stock. Had I bought it a few weeks earlier it was $495.00 OTD, paid $550.00 and was happy to get it.

They even had a decent supply of .45 and 9mm ammo in stock I took advantage of.

I bought a new Glock 19 Gen. 3 not long ago at LA Firearms in Union City, they had a few in stock. Had I bought it a few weeks earlier it was $495.00 OTD, paid $550.00 and was happy to get it.

They even had a decent supply of .45 and 9mm ammo in stock I took advantage of.

That cheap otd?! Man with these prices I would have bought a few!
Guest Msavard

http://www.glockstore.com/glock-factory-handguns/glock-19-9mm

Glockstore has all sorts of glocks in stock. Gen 3's for 499.... Gen 4's for 549... new. No tax to Tennessee. Fair shipping and then an FFL charge and you're good to go.

Just scored a G26 from a member here... lightly used in great shape w 2 clips, all docs/case, and 50 rounds Gold Dot Hollow Point for 475. Fair price for both parties. Just gotta look around.

Edited by Msavard