Guest BG38357

Do you carry daily?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Do you carry daily?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • When it's not too much trouble.

Guest GLOCKGUY
I carry 365 days a year. When I go to bed its laid on the nightstand and picked up in morning when I dress.--MP

this is exactly what i do :screwy:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest grimel
I don't go past my mailbox without a gun...

No such a screwy question, BTW. You would be SHOCKED at how many people I pull over, who have a permit, but no gun with them at the time.

I'd guess-ta-mate it to be about 75%...amazing.

I think you are OVER estimating the number that carry every day.

Other than work (DOE has issues with anyone other than the guards having guns) it's a rather unusual day (say on the way to or from surgery) that I don't have a handgun with easy access.

I can't carrry at work and I work 24 hour shifts, so there are days I don't carry, but do when I'm not at work.

But it is by no means a screwy question. As I said in another thread, I've had my permit for nearly 16 years, but only started carrying regularly the last 2-3 years. Not really sure why I didn't before, but I didn't. I think some of it had to do with not fully understanding the laws. Back when 39-17-1359 had where a property owner could simply announce their anti carry policy without having to post. But what announce meant was sort of vauge.

My boss has a HCP and just got back from a trip to MO and did not carry. I'm really not surprised at Todd's 75% figure.

Guest TNDixieGirl
I carry 365 days a year. When I go to bed its laid on the nightstand and picked up in morning when I dress.--MP

Same here.

Yes I carry every normal day. Flew to Daytona Beach last month for vacation and left my gun at home. My gun is on the nightstand while sleeping, on the bathroom vanity while in the shower then on my belt till time for bed. Fortunately my employer has no problem with it. They have even showed some interest in getting a gun themselves. I will normally keep it with me while doing yard work. I nearly shot a neighbor's dog that charged me while I was cutting my grass. My gun was drawn and the dog in my sights when he finally got control of the dog.

You just never know when it will be needed.

Guest I_AM_WOOD

everyday this year, it was my new years resolution to get serious about my carry habits. plus it gave me a reason to buy new guns.

I have forgot it from time to time in the past in the rush to get out the door and not remmber it till i was down the road.

But that changed awhile back after me and the wife was in a store parking lot late one night and had two guys eye ball us hard and started toward our direction while we where loading our car and all i had on me was my knife in my pocket. I stood my ground hard in a dead stare with the one that looked to be the leader of the two and asked if there was a problem when they got within 15 feet of us with my hand going into my pocket when i said it and they turned 180 degree's and walked away.

Not after that night ever again!

If they had followed thru that night it would have not been fun.

I hold strong that it's better to have it and not need it, then to not have it and need it!

Plus and $190 and not use it is just plain stupid.:D

Guest GUTTERbOY

I've carried every time I've left the house since getting my HCP. Back in NC, when I had a CHL there, I was unable to carry at work due to the law, so I didn't carry all that often. 'Course, in NC, I think a large portion of people get the CHL just so they can avoid having to get pistol puchase permits from their sheriff.

Realistically, though, I think that for a lot of people, the idea of carrying sounds good when they're sitting in a classroom... but then they discover that maybe it's not as easy and convenient as they thought to carry all the time. Maybe their place of work expressly forbids it. Maybe they only own a full-size pistol, and aren't willing or able to dress around it, nor to purchase a carry-only weapon.

I dunno... but for me, I got my HCP knowing that I wanted to make carrying part of my everyday life. Even after only a couple weeks, I don't even really notice that it's there most of the time. Just part of the morning routine... pull on pants, clip on holster...

When I run a license, it pops up whether or not they have a HCP.

If they do, I like to make friendly conversation about it (I'm a gun-nut) and ask what they are carrying.

my kind of officer. 2 stops in over 10 years and chewed royally for the way i carry. cocked and locked always.

Guest MrsS

I wish I could carry daily, but I used to work for the state and where I worked, it clearly stated no firearms anywhere on the state-owned premises; working in psychiatry also posed increased risk and I did not want the chance that someone mentally unstable would break in my car and get my gun. Now I am a schoolteacher and you know what they say about guns and school property...

Guest Ranger Rick
I was wondering how many carry daily. I now do.

A number of acquaintances say they don't carry often.

This is a difficult question because of the answers.

I'm not able to carry at work. (Work at UT.) But, I do carry when I can legally do so. Maybe that should have been an option. :D

Question I'ld like to know is: do you carry around the house? Or just have your gun "within reach?" If you've got kids... sometimes that "reach" can be a pretty long way if your gun is locked up (from the kids) properly! ;)

Guest GLOCKGUY

I'm not able to carry at work. (Work at UT.) But, I do carry when I can legally do so. Maybe that should have been an option. :D

Question I'ld like to know is: do you carry around the house? Or just have your gun "within reach?" If you've got kids... sometimes that "reach" can be a pretty long way if your gun is locked up (from the kids) properly! ;)

ya this would be a good Question for a poll i think i might start one ;)

Guest Ranger Rick
I carry everyday as well as having something close to me at all times. And I'm not paranoid, but that don't mean they are not out to get me. LOl. Serously, I exersize my rights every place I can.

Sometimes I think our world is making us more that way. Paranoid. Seems like the evil in it is less restrained... more raw. Or maybe we just see/hear more of it.

Always amazes me when people say "man is basically good." They also assume the world is a good/safe place. IMHO... man's natural tendency is toward selfishness and evil. He must be taught/trained to be is good/honorable.

Kinda like when I'm watching a bad movie with the clueless dumb dude & girl friend. :leaving: He hears a big noise outside the house, hotel room, apartment, etc. Decides to go "take a look." I'm screaming (in my head) "don't open the door... don't open the door... you know you shouldn't open the door... bad things can come in when you unlock & open the door." Dumb guy blissfully opens the door (cause he's not in the least paranoid) ... and gets wacked. :doh:

Don't you just hate when that happens! :cool:

Sometimes I think our world is making us more that way. Paranoid. Seems like the evil in it is less restrained... more raw. Or maybe we just see/hear more of it.

Always amazes me when people say "man is basically good." They also assume the world is a good/safe place. IMHO... man's natural tendency is toward selfishness and evil. He must be taught/trained to be is good/honorable.

Kinda like when I'm watching a bad movie with the clueless dumb dude & girl friend. :leaving: He hears a big noise outside the house, hotel room, apartment, etc. Decides to go "take a look." I'm screaming (in my head) "don't open the door... don't open the door... you know you shouldn't open the door... bad things can come in when you unlock & open the door." Dumb guy blissfully opens the door (cause he's not in the least paranoid) ... and gets wacked. :doh:

Don't you just hate when that happens! :cool:

If I have learned anything from horror movies its that,and one other thing!

Virgins die first!

:leaving:

The reason for that is sin, we actually were created to be good, in fact we were created in His image so we were without sin. Sin was introduced by Eve (dang women always starting somthing) (JK). and we have be dieing of sin since. So yes man is basicly evil and always looks to the bad. There are those of us who try to do right, and I would like to think there are actually more of us doing good than there are those doing bad.

This doesn't need to become a theological thread, but to interject on the good or evil discussion of man... since humans were created with the potential of wilfully choosing 'sin', we could not have been predestined to be either 'good' or 'evil'. I suppose the most basic and absolute definition of a sinful nature is simply 'imperfection'. Since perfection requires that some standard be met, and that is where the idea of religion and objectification of 'sin' began.

By modern standards, good and evil are relative.

Oh yeah, and with regard to horror flicks... whoever takes their clothes off is pretty much done for in short order.

Not all the time.The nature of my job makes it impractical to carry while working but most time I will leave it locked in my truck.If I am working in a bad part of town where a break in would be likely then I leave it at home.However at work I am not "unarmed" so to speak.A 12 inch trowel that is as sharp as a knife is in my hand and a 24 oz. Estwing hammer is on my hip more often than not.:leaving:

Whenever possible. Got home a few times and seen a store or bank has been robbed that I had used that day,and once a shootout and murder on the street where I was parked. Just five minutes ahead of that one.

Guest BG38357

Another Thread:

OK do you carry at home?

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9651

Guest pherman926

I've been carrying daily since I got my first permit about 12 years ago, unless it was prohibited by law as it is right now. I'm currently in the People's Republic of Illinois on business and can't even have a gun in my possession let alone carry. It's a very naked and uncomfortable feeling.

Guest Todd@CIS
Oh yeah, and with regard to horror flicks... whoever takes their clothes off is pretty much done for in short order.

This has troubled me for years...

Guest Hunter
my kind of officer. 2 stops in over 10 years and chewed royally for the way i carry. cocked and locked always.
I would ask the LEO if he carried his on an empty chamber. I would never carry my 1911 any other way as Israeli carry is to slow.
Guest clutepc

basically if I'm not sleeping it's on me..even then it's within reach.

after going to the Nashville Police Interactive Crime Map for my area, I need to move..

I think if they ran this list of police calls on the news every month the permit applications would skyrocket..

http://pdmap2.police.nashville.org/