It's Zombie Rifle time.

poak

Ok, I'm sure you guys have seen this on arfcom:

Picture089.jpg

Heres the thing: I MUST own one. While I have'nt been able to find much info on these lowers, what I have gathered is that only 20 were ever produced. Finding one is like finding hen's teeth. So, I have determined that the real possibility I have for getting my own is having a lower engraved. I've talked to a guy about doing the engraving already (this particualr place engraves A LOT of AR lowers), but he said they dont currently have any "blank" lowers...

So, does anyone know where I could find a "blank" lower? So far all my searching has been able to turn up is blank forgings, and thats more work than I was hoping for. I considered using a sabre defence lower, but I think their engravings would have the logo on the magwell to cramped... besides, I want my fire-selector to have the "Safe, Dead, Un-Dead" markings...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Orion is actually who I'm talking w/ now. I've heard lots of great stuff about their work, and the samples on their site look great. Only problem is, they dont currently have "blank" lowers.

I'll let you know when I order one engraved Magic, they would probably give me a decent deal on two or more!

Guest bkelm18

Is there such a thing as a "blank" lower? I figured they would at least need some sort of manufacturing stamp or something.

Is there such a thing as a "blank" lower? I figured they would at least need some sort of manufacturing stamp or something.

They call it a "blank", but it really just has the minimal markings, serial and manufacturing stamp.

Guest bkelm18
They call it a "blank", but it really just has the minimal markings, serial and manufacturing stamp.

Ok gotcha. Makes sense now.

Joe at Hero Gear actually has #1 of the original Zombie lowers. Well at least he used to, it may have been sold. He posted about it here at one point. See if I can find it for you.

Haha, yeah I remember that. I'm pretty sure he was planning on keeping it.

Yeah, Orion is actually who I'm talking w/ now. I've heard lots of great stuff about their work, and the samples on their site look great. Only problem is, they dont currently have "blank" lowers.

I'll let you know when I order one engraved Magic, they would probably give me a decent deal on two or more!

Sounds great man...PM me if you decide to have them do some work..I got an essential arms lower I would like to customize and if it will save us money to do 2 at once so much the better!

Sounds great man...PM me if you decide to have them do some work..I got an essential arms lower I would like to customize and if it will save us money to do 2 at once so much the better!

Are the factory markings on the EA lower pretty sparse?

Guest crytes

ar15plus.com has 80% lowers and jigs to make sure you drill them right. for some reason tho the price on 80% receivers is a bit steep

Guest Verbal Kint

Just keep in mind that unless all of those involved are getting the same identical logo/design engraved, than it won't be any different than you guys mailing your items in individually. The discount usually only factors in when they don't have to reset their machine, and can just swap multiple lowers in-and-out for the same engraving. Not sure what Magic is considering, compared to your ideas, but just wanted to toss that out there to think about.

I've been in contact with both Spike's and Orion, lately, for my SBR engravings and both are staffed with really friendly people. I know Orion is quoting 4-6 week turn around currently, and Spike's said they could return the lowers in a matter of days. Not sure how much custom engraving Spike's will do though, as I only inquired about the normal SBR engraving (name, city, state).